Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Of note is that, given Prehistoric Orc required any 3 Fiends, you could make it Level 9 using any 3 Level 3 Fiends you damned well chose. If you felt like it, you could even use 3 Level 10s to make it into a Level 30 Mnemonic. Loose restrictions are what sold Mnemonics, at least in my head.

But yeah, Mnemonic was basically Fusion meets Xyz, with a Level mechanic similar to Synchro. Rulings-wise, you could use Pendulums, Fusion/Synchro/Xyz get bounced to the ED if you use them, and you could technically use other Mnemonics but that would put you at a resource disadvantage because lolshuffling. No Tokens, though, because you can't put a Token in your Deck.

It was still a basic concept pitch, but I suppose that if you guys really wanted we could use Mnemonic monsters in place of this Link nonsense. If you do, here's Remembrance:

Remembrance

Normal Spell

Mnemonic Summon 1 Mnemonic monster from your Extra Deck, by shuffling this card on your field and appropriate Mnemonic Materials from your hand, field, and/or Graveyard into your Deck. A monster Summoned by this card gains a Level equal to the combined Level/Rank of the shuffled monsters. While this card is in your Graveyard: Once, during your End Phase, increase the Level of all Mnemonic monsters you control by 1.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have a nice tall glass of NOPE!

I'm going to do a smaller series, Wingray is a healthy man/woman's job. Besides, I do too much Xyz as it is.

EDIT: Hey, There was a prompt way back on page 21 that never got answered. Two people wrote for Salamandrake and didn't notice that they skipped over Skullbiker. Can I make a thing for that?

Suppose you can (and to be fair, you pretty much have free reign over what that'll entail).

As for incorporating Mnemonic Summoning, I think it's probably better to keep with ARC-V stuff for a while. It's not a bad concept, but may need to flesh out the idea more before we can consider it.

====

Right, and when I post that thread on possible changes to CC that concern the current mechanics being intertwined with how Konami wants the game to go now (basically, give us [and other cards that run on current mechanics] somewhere to post stuff), make sure you speak up.

Draft got lost on last page, but general proposals in a nutshell:

• Tagging system in Advanced/Casual to mark stuff designed for legacy play (current mechanics). I wouldn't have to modify the sections.
  • Separate Legacy subforums for both Advanced/Casual; you would need to mark if you have singles or multiples (but I may waive that considering CC's activity nowadays)
  • Outright make a new section under Advanced for Legacy cards, and leave the existing areas alone. (Legacy would be run under current Advanced mechanics, so you'd have to explain something or otherwise provide some explanation instead of "post card and expect reviews")

These are not all the options, and other things can certainly be considered. These would not go into effect right away, but as we get closer to SD2017 / COTD's release in OCG, the changes will come up.

So, if Mnemonic Summon would be added as an AGM thing, what refinements would need to be made, Sakura? I mean, it should be simple enough to implement with just the information I've given- hell, by my guess, you guys have all likely designed potential Mnemonic monsters already busy from seeing how they work.

Also, here's March's AGM Deck Challenge: God Synchro, Level 10+ Synchro monsters.

Also, Skullbiker did get answered, eventually.

I haven't exactly planned any Mnemonic monsters yet; still busy with other things, including reformation of CC to accommodate stuff like current AGM (and others designed for the "legacy" mechanics) and my coursework. Nyx and the like probably have, but I don't know.

We'll see though.

(So far, no one's made any prompts pertaining to Link Monsters in the game thread, at least since Tinkerer's announcement and all. Guess they are reading.)

So, if Mnemonic Summon would be added as an AGM thing, what refinements would need to be made, Sakura? I mean, it should be simple enough to implement with just the information I've given- hell, by my guess, you guys have all likely designed potential Mnemonic monsters already busy from seeing how they work.

Also, here's March's AGM Deck Challenge: God Synchro, Level 10+ Synchro monsters.

Wait, hold on, Mnemonic? Also, I'm trying to go on February's AGM DC, I'm feeling a bit slow. And what's this thing of new kind of summons on the way?

Wait, hold on, Mnemonic? Also, I'm trying to go on February's AGM DC, I'm feeling a bit slow. And what's this thing of new kind of summons on the way?

Mnemonic is Draco's new pitch for a summon mechanic, given the current opinion on Links right now screwing up how most of our Archetypes work. It's not official (game-wise), but can be considered our equivalent. 

You don't need to worry about it. 

Mnemonic is Draco's new pitch for a summon mechanic, given the current opinion on Links right now screwing up how most of our Archetypes work. It's not official (game-wise), but can be considered our equivalent. 

You don't need to worry about it. 

It's okay, I made my own pitch too. I modified it so it could serve to the same thing than Link Summon TRIES to serve: stalling time and making longer plays. The thing is simple: Player gets multiple lives!

I hate to be that guy, but I'm gonna do it anyways:

You can just play a Match. Like, best of three, my brother and I do it all the time.

I'm glad you are that guy, but I'll point out that I didn't account friendly matches because Konami didn't.

Also, I played best of 3 before and it always is a 5th turn victory or a 5th turn defeat at each turn, making matches pretty short AND uninteresting. Your solution had been considered and it's insufficient for me.

I am OK with that.

In the meantime, I'd like to apologize, I may be a bit busy with a story of mine that you may have seen in the Creative Writing section. I will, however, gladly develop and hopefully induct the Archetypes and series' depicted in the story into the AGM, so could that be considered my current project?

Sorry to double-post, but I'd like to leave a complete list of the applicable Synchros. This post will change over time as I check threads, so check back in from time to time.

Generics thread:

●Kisara, Arch-Priestess of Blue

●Lady of Requiems

●Xerneas the Ruler of Eternal Life

●Yveltal the Ruler of Infinite Destruction

●Infernal Invader

●Giratina the Void Creation Dragon

●Collision Electron

●Dark Matter Archon

●Resonant Wave Falcon

●Acceleration Dragon

●Fortress of Thorns

●Sacerdos Divinus, Goddess of Enlightenment

●Divinus Vita, the Goddess of Atonement

●Stellar Formation Dragon

●Cosmobang Dragon

●Meteor Shower Dragon

●Kyukyoku-josho the Perfect Machine

●Psycho Crusher Gamma

●Chaos Master Destroyer

●Haikili the Sacred Lightning Dragon

Steel Dragon:

Nitrous Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon: Titanium Alloy

Space Mermaid:

Space Mermaid Celestaquair

Gold-Eyes:

Gold-Eyes Red Dragon

Gold-Eyes Stellar Dragon

Gold-Eyes Imperial Dragon

Gold-Eyes Twin Majesty Dragon

Gold-Eyes Ultimate End Dragon

Land of Brimstone:

Oracle of the Land of Brimstone

Daegon, King of the Land of Brimstone

Dandao:

King's Dandao

Deity's Dandao

Cookie Kingdom:

Cookie Kingdom Nobility - Decadent Delight

Jackbot:

Jackbot - The Big Six

Vanadis:

Vanadis Queen - Beatrice

Vanadis Lord - Freya

Darksteel:

Ultimate Darksteel Dragon

Moltanic:

Moltanic Eruption Dragon

Infernal Flame:

Infernal Flame Conqueror - Ignus

Infernal Flame Horseman - Ignus

Infernal Flame Lord - Ignus Demonfire

My Christmas gift thread:

Kommo'o, Unbreakable-Armored Dragon

Sand Halter Namrus

Serpent Night:

Coiled Serpent Night Deity Dragon

Runic Serpent Night Deity Dragon

Ebon Serpent Night Deity Dragon

Sinister Serpent Night Deity Dragon

Darkhorse:

Darkhorse Trojan

Sclera Guild:

Yinghua, Dragon Sovereign of the Sclera Guild

Finsternis, Deity of the Sclera Guild

Note that Sigma is Level 8, and doesn't fall in here. Other ones I made are Level 10 and do qualify for stuff. 

But yeah, that's about it.

Still need to look for a new Archetype to play with, and also get that proposal out to everyone. (I've already mentioned it twice, but when the thread comes up, make sure you speak up or don't complain about the new changes [even though part of the reason is to help AGM run properly for the time being]). 

Huh. I guess I was tired by the time I scrolled all the way up to Electric Field. I could swear Sigma was Level 10+.

Noted.

Also, here's another request that someone go over GameChild, Sandragon, and Wysthae and either confirm their addition or say why they can't get in.

Also also, Sakura, I suggest you tackle AGM Avengers, for the sheer desire to see how you would design a Synchro Fusion archetype where the Main Deck members are the 9 primary AGM members.

Speaking of which . . . our core team seems to be me, Sakura, Tinkerer, and Nyx, with Dova doing tons of legwork while he's around and EG/MetalSonic doing tons before abruptly quitting, so that's 6, and I suppose the other 3 are up to personal preference, although I'd personally recommend Garland and Champion.

Level 10 Synchro? Awesome!

Could I put up my Eldritch archetype up for approval? The Synchro monsters are all Level 10.

You can always put them up for approval. Whether they get approved is another question, as GameChild demonstrates.

Very well, here it is:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/358440-eldritch/?do=findComment&comment=6960231

Eldritch up for approval.

While I'm at it, could I ask for the link to GameChild? To take a look at it and perhaps proceed to approval.

Well, until February ends, it's still a challenge to make a Deck list designed to Fusion Summon using named Fusion Material.

Once March begins, the monthly challenge is Synchro Summoning Level 10 or higher Synchros.

It's still Deck building, but the goal changes. If you want, you can try to finish up before March 1st, or you can wait and look at Synchro Decks in the AGM.

Archived