Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon

300px-OddEyesSaberDragon-YS15-EN-UR-1E.p

Confirmed for the anime, and one of the elemental evolutions of Odd-Eyes, which he now has either 5 of. Saber (LIGHT), Vortex (WIND), Gravity (EARTH), Meteorburst (FIRE), and Absolute (WATER). OEPD may be the 6th for DARK.

Also of note, the reason we know all of them are OG Odd-Eyes Evolutions is because they all have a blue orb in their chests, while all three Pendulum Dragons have a deeper purple orb. Additionally, the general proportions of the elementals match OG Odd-Eyes, whereas the Pendulum Dragons all look alike.

Technically Pendulum Dragon is the sixth evolution, since it to more or less evolved from Odd-Eyes. So he counts as the DARK evolution. I know it directly transformed from Odd-Eyes, but it's fair nuff since it became Pendulum, which is the last special card type needed to complete the set.

Technically, all the Odd-Eyes monsters share similar features, and it seems to be based on the original Odd-Eyes' design-

OddEyesDragon-JP-OW.png

All of them have a sort of mask that covers more of the right side of the face.

They all have horn-like features on there head that stick upward.

The wing-like horns on the back.

etc

If not for Odd-Eyes Dragon for being the specific material and having it be any Odd-Eyes card in hand, this card would actually be pretty amazing.

But Odd-Eyes non-Pendulum Dragons need to be playable as well, pretty sure this card can be played in one of those techy chaos cosmic dragons alongside Lightpulsars and Darkflares....(?)

On the graphic side - it's head/helmet reminds me too much of Fusion dimension duel disks... 

On the graphic side - it's head/helmet reminds me too much of Fusion dimension duel disks... 

DUN DUN DUN!

Even without considering the necessity of Odd-Eyes Dragon, I feel this card is just a little underwhelming. Cool, but underwhelming. It has to kill something in battle to nuke another monster. I guess with Pendulum Summons being a thing, this could be the thing you need to finish a game, but it just seems meh.

Can you imagine if you just had to send an Odd-Eyes monster for the summon, rather than OED? It could mill Gravity for the ritual. That would be sick as hell.

Alas, this really is just doomed to mediocrity.

The concept of having Vortex and friends in anime is interesting, though.

This card's biggest potential lies in being similar to odd-eyes dragon and thus potentially evolving into an actually good pendulum version.

Did you just call OEPD bad?

It has awesome artwork in my opinion. I think the anime version will have an "Odd-Eyes" monster in its place instead. I could be wrong. Where did this thing even come from anyways? How long has Yuya had it?

Bit of a derail, but how do characters get their cards even? DM had game shops, GX had that booth in the academy, but since 5Ds, cards have been popping up like crazy, noone knows how characters obtain cards, unless the latter magically materialize during an episode or are given to/from someone.

Archived