[Written] A HERO's Comeback

Thomas★Zero

Nice! A way to recover Destiny HERO - Plasma!

Other monsters (the ones that have Summoning conditions at least) include:

Destiny HERO - Dogma

Elemental HERO Poison Rose

Elemental HERO Neo Bubbleman

Destiny HERO - Double Dude

And any of the Level 8 and lower Fusion monsters that must be Fusion Summoned.

It could also serve as another way to make use of Elemental HERO - Shadow Mist, whether it be to add a "Change" Quick-play Spell Card or to search out a HERO.

Though, this bit:

"Special Summon it while ignoring any summoning conditions it may have."

is off.

It would be "Special Summon it, ignoring its Summoning conditions."

"Target 1 Level 8 or lower "HERO" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, ignoring its summoning conditions. When this card leaves the field, destroy that target. When that target leaves the field, destroy this card."

So this card is basically a Call of the Haunted that revives properly summoned HEROs. This card looks like something I'd run at 1 alongside 2 Call of the Haunted cards because you can't revive ditched HEROs, or HEROs that had their summon negated. Its still pretty good for reviving stuff like Acid or Plasma, but its more restricted than Call of the Haunted so 7/10.

"Target 1 Level 8 or lower "HERO" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, ignoring its summoning conditions. When this card leaves the field, destroy that target. When that target leaves the field, destroy this card."

First off, this can't Special Summon "Masked HERO" monsters from your Graveyard since a "Mask Change" summon isn't treated as a Fusion Summon. Therefore, this card is limited to "non-Masked HERO" monsters. The only targets that I can think of that can't be revived with Call of the Haunted are the old "Elemental HERO" Fusions which suck, and Destiny HERO Plasma which requires you to summon it properly first by Tributing 3 monsters. Maybe you should change it to a Normal Trap and remove the "When this card leaves the field, destroy that target. When that target leaves the field, destroy this card." restriction so that it would have any reason to exist besides being a Call of the Haunted for HEROs that can summon them in Defense Position.

Masked hero monsters CAN be bringed back with this, a monster summon condition is dictated by its text not by the type of monster it is. Since they cannot be fusion summoned, their proper method of summon is via mask change (and its variants), its a similar situation with contact fusion monsters, they cannt be FS either but its alternative method counts as their proper method.

As for the card itself, i still rather run COH, the only thing worth enough to bring back are acid and dark law, recovering plasma is cool but is not enough to justify its use. Bringing back nomi monsters with cards that bypasses their SC means it only turns them into semi nomi, so they still had to go to grave after being properly summoned, unfortunately then cant be ditched and revived (for main deck nomi heroes case). The problem is still there which is you still have to get them out first (again properly) to make valuable use of the card.

It's not that good honestly.

The deck feels like it would rather run coth as it allows you to also grab any techs you are playing which ends up being more versatile. I dont know how you would fix that, or if you even could, but it's worth thinking about how this compares with other cards. This feels too niche to me personally but if there are some insane plays im not aware of then tell me cus idk HEROes...

To be fair, this card is pretty much an Archetype-restricted CoTH for the Extra Deck monsters (i.e. Dark Law, Acid, whatever Fusion HERO they bother to use nowadays). While yeah, it would be nice to retrieve one of your dead bosses, you can just make another one if you need to (unless for whatever reason, you burn out all copies). Or yes, revive Shadow Mist/Blazeman to further combos, in which case, CoTH would already be sufficient.

The idea isn't bad, but in reality, card just exists to give old Fusion HEROs someway to be revived (since for whatever reason, Konami decided to make them Nomi). I mean, it does work with other stuff like Plasma and Evil HERO Fusions, but I haven't seen former used much and outside of Dark Gaia, none of the latter.

Archived