Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

Yea, the average person's -rating scale would be this. Well maybe not EVERYONE.

-2 for OCG error(s)

-1 for bad pic

-1.5 for stupid effect

Like one of the phrases in my sig says. "Its only a big deal if you make it one". And I know I repeated myself almost....besides that, OCG erors aren't that big of a deal...OOPS i mispelled errors now they are going to say -11111111190291/10.. Mega OOPS.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• OCG fixing' date=' even mentioning OCG errors, is prohibited when, either there are none to fix, an OCG fix has already been issued, or when the errors aren't that relevant, e.g may instead of can.
    [/list']
    • If any member is caught mentioning OCG errors or fixing OCG when a OCG fix has already been issued, said member may get an undefined % warning. If this rule is violated 3 or more times, said member might be banned.

• OCG errors should be only issued when the effect of a card is not understandable. Only then, are you allowed to fix OCG, but if somebody else already fixed it, you aren't allowed to do so anymore.

• [spoiler=Example when you can fix OCG]When dis card is summoned normally to teh field, its player can pick up the top card from their deck and placye it on the field. If da card is a monster type card, this card gains 200 power and is sent to the graveyard pile at the end of the turn.

That is the original version that I wrote. I'm asking you people, which one is better, the one I made or the one that Icy posted?

Considering that most people don't read the rules, anything beyond a 10% warn would ludicrous and much too harsh. And there are times when the first "fix" is incorrect. :/

Doesn't natter, if the fix has been done, the fix has been done. It's the decision of the topic creator to take the advice or not.

It Does matter.... Y give some one the wrong advice? it's not right... other members should be able to correct the mistake...if it's wrong

• OCG fixing' date=' even mentioning OCG errors, is prohibited when, either there are none to fix, an OCG fix has already been issued, or when the errors aren't that relevant, e.g may instead of can.
    [/list']
    • If any member is caught mentioning OCG errors or fixing OCG when a OCG fix has already been issued, said member may get an undefined % warning. If this rule is violated 3 or more times, said member might be banned.

• OCG errors should be only issued when the effect of a card is not understandable. Only then, are you allowed to fix OCG, but if somebody else already fixed it, you aren't allowed to do so anymore.

• [spoiler=Example when you can fix OCG]When dis card is summoned normally to teh field, its player can pick up the top card from their deck and placye it on the field. If da card is a monster type card, this card gains 200 power and is sent to the graveyard pile at the end of the turn.

That is the original version that I wrote. I'm asking you people, which one is better, the one I made or the one that Icy posted?

Considering that most people don't read the rules, anything beyond a 10% warn would ludicrous and much too harsh. And there are times when the first "fix" is incorrect. :/

Doesn't natter, if the fix has been done, the fix has been done. It's the decision of the topic creator to take the advice or not.

Defeats the purpose of a fix if the fix is incorrect.

[/list']

It Does matter.... Y give some one the wrong advice? it's not right... other members should be able to correct the mistake...if it's wrong

That will only help the thread creator in the long run. So what if they get bad fixes? Even when they are completely new, they need to learn from their own mistakes. The mistake here being, accepting wrong fixes. Live and learn as they say.

[/list']

That will only help the thread creator in the long run. So what if they get bad fixes? Even when they are completely new, they need to learn from their own mistakes. The mistake here being, accepting wrong fixes. Live and learn as they say.

yeah help after they get flammed for having bad card OCG?

but i have to agree with you.. they do need to learn from their mistakes.. but that's y you correct them so they can learn not just give them bad fixes... so they'll become worse...

or think of it like this

a member who got the wrong fixes and now they are the worst card maker... opposed to a member who got the right fixes and now are a great card maker...

I just want to put this on the table

But I don't know if you guys saw my cards

But why do some members want me to give

My cards more effect as if they need it

probably if your cards are high level monsters another effect makes the card balanced out more..... a card with 4200 ATK points or so should have a strong effect(s) to go with it..

(if I'm wrong someone correct me)

Yea, for example Some person on my thread posts the wrong OCG corrections. Thinking they are right, I copy and paste them onto the card. Then someone (remember this is an example. No one would probally do this) -reps me for having mega OCG errors and the person who posted the wrong corrections just wanted to make me look bad. And they succeeded how?

No one bothered to help me. They didn't feel like correcting the person who posted the OCG fixes because either 1.They hate newbies 2. They just are flat out mean.period. 3. Maybe they want to get me off this site for some weird reason. Maybe they don't like my avatar or something. But anyway, srry for getting off topic if I was.. I'm pretty sure I did somewhere in that post.

The most sad part about is even if the mean people (don't wanna call them anything else..I may go too far due to venting/ranting) do look at a newbie thread they will just say "LOLZ U FAIL NOOB" or somethin like that. Well, if the FAIL BURNS YOUR EYES THAT BAD, HOW ABOUT TRY HELPING AND MAYBE THEY WON'T! OR IS IT THAT IT BURNS YOUR EYES SO BAD YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE DOING?!?!!?

Suprisingly, I didn't go as far as I would have.

The most sad part about is even if the mean people (don't wanna call them anything else..I may go too far due to venting/ranting) do look at a newbie thread they will just say "LOLZ U FAIL NOOB" or somethin like that. Well' date=' if the FAIL BURNS YOUR EYES THAT BAD, HOW ABOUT TRY HELPING AND MAYBE THEY WON'T! OR IS IT THAT IT BURNS YOUR EYES SO BAD YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE DOING?!?!!?

Suprisingly, I didn't go as far as I would have.

[/quote']

I have actually seen cards that were so bad, that I wouldn't know how to fix them.

How about this then' date=' if an OCG fix has been issued, but it's incorrect, you PM the thread creator. Then the thread creator can request for another OCG fix?

[/quote']

I still don't agree with your methods

Wrong OCG posted should be Fixed

I'd say if someone posts an OCG error, then you post with a correction of that error. I once gave an incorrect OCG fix and was corrected. I was thankful for the correction so that I myself wouldn't make that mistake again as well as it being benificial to the original maker of the card.

Ugh' date=' how's this then, if an incorrecrt OCG error is posted, somebody who knows the right one and notices thr wrong fix, can pm the correct version to said person so they can fix it. Better?

[/quote']

Somewhut but how about this one..

If an Incorrect OCG fix is spotted you can fix it on the posts enough said like always that way the Thread Creater, and The person who posted the Incorrection will kno about the mistake (also reason the pm thing won't work all the time is Alot of newer members have their Private Messaging cut off)... Because most of the time if you pm that person they'll deny that it's wrong... cuz they think it's right...

Ugh' date=' how's this then, if an incorrecrt OCG error is posted, somebody who knows the right one and notices thr wrong fix, can pm the correct version to said person so they can fix it. Better?

[/quote']

I don't see the issue with having multiple fixes...it doesn't happen very often, barring certain parts of the first fix are in dispute. Usually, people will just say "and follow the fixes of [username]."

Yeah, technically whoever makes the "OCG fixes" first is going to get their corrections on the card. Then if someone corrects them, the thread starter will think its wrong. I've gotten false fixes too in the past. Since I actually play the game I know if its correct or not. But if someone on this site didn't play the game, then they would get confused with whos right and whos wrong. Thats why I don't focus on it, I don't wanna be accused of having wrong OCG.

^agreed, and i can relate cuz I Don't play the actual card game but i have learned the card grammar and I have cards I can look at to see like to i capitalize this or leave this lower cased... but i still like to read pples opinions on any errors they see.... right or wrong... if it's wrong i usually tell them..

How's this: There was a newb who asked "Could you help me with my OCG?" and so I did. Would this be correct info to give under the rule that's being proposed?

[spoiler=There were quite a few cards to fix.]

Sonic: When is his effect activated? Answer this question and I think you'll be good here. Also' date=' if you could post some "Badnick" cards that would be helpful.

Tails: Where are the monsters with "Sonic" in thier name located? The field? The Graveyard? England?

Knuckles: What if your opponent sends one of thier own "Master Emerald" cards they control to the Graveyard? And if you destroy it yourself then you can do some major damage. The effect should read "When a "Master Emerald" you control is destroyed by an opponent's card's effect..." Also, maybe you should have Knuckles only being on the field if "Master Emerald" is on the field.

Chaos Emeralds: Their effect should read like this: "The equipped monster gains 1000 ATK and DEF."

Master Emerald: Should read like this: "Once per turn, [insert effect here']."

Excaliber Sonic/Werehog: the bit about the name should be after the summoning conditions. And yes, while it is easier to summon a ritual monster from the deck, that is precicely why you can't. It just makes it too easy. The rituals should also have the number of stars written on them.

Darkspines: "This monster's name is treated as "Sonic the Hedgehog."" You should also put in there something about "If "World Rings"/"Darkspines Sonic" is not in [location it needs to be] then this monster is destroyed."

Super Sonic: I would say the effect should be something like this: "This monster cannot be Normal Summoned. This monster can only be Special Summoned by tributing 1 "Sonic the Hedgehog" equipped with at least 1 "Chaos Emerald"."

I think all those fixes are correct. At least, I hope so.

EDIT: Forgot to say this. I left some of the OCG fixes as questions because they're questions that only he can answer. I don't know where Tails gets the power up from, but he does.

[/list']

These rules are pretty stupid since they help TC in almost no way.

I try my best to help poor suffering noobs who have no idea how to make cards. I give them OCG fixes and good advice on effects and where to get pics from etc. But I have been noticing the fact that there are more noobish cards lately and people should just learn how to make cards before trying.

Archived