Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

Newbies are not being treated as newbies.

Maybe that's because they deserve actual help' date=' and not flaming. :/ As a mod, you should be happy with this.

[/quote']

I mean, they've been treated as experts and getting bashed as if they knew it all.

Meh, what I've seen seems to be deserving credit. Though, nowadays I mostly see weak cardmakers rating in this forum. It's uninteresting for stronger cardmakers to have to correct the same OCG, pic, and terribleness on every thread.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You ONLY -rep newbies for spamming.Like i said in a previous post. They post their cards because they think they are good. I do too. And also wanna see if people agree.

Yes everyone does.. but have you noticed higher level members don't get as much flaming as newer members and i understand that maybe it's like a star difference.. but some of the older in age members i think forget that the younger in age members maybe don't have great OCG cuz when you're young' date=' you can't spell worth a crap (been there it took me years to perfect my writing)....

on the -rep thing.. i try to avoid giving neg reps i don't like them.. I like to warn someone before i just neg them.. but some users will just neg rep for the tinyest reasons... it's frustrating.... to see pple doing that....[hr']

Newbies are not being treated as newbies.

Maybe that's because they deserve actual help' date=' and not flaming. :/ As a mod, you should be happy with this.

[/quote']

I mean, they've been treated as experts and getting bashed as if they knew it all.

Meh, what I've seen seems to be deserving credit. Though, nowadays I mostly see weak cardmakers rating in this forum. It's uninteresting for stronger cardmakers to have to correct the same OCG, pic, and terribleness on every thread.

But that's the Point in Helping.... if you don't correct them how do you expect them to get better?!

Yea, agreed needless to say. I left the warning part out in my previous post though i menat to say it. I type too fast for my own good.lol.

Yea, I think the higher members just laugh at the newbies because they know that "I'm a 5-star. Im so much better than you. Get out before i -rep you".

I'm a 3-star and your a 4-star...Other people brag about the reason that they are 5 stars in front of newbies and -rep them to make them look bad.

i kno...

i don't even care about the stars at all... and i kno I'm prolly still considered a newbie by some members.. but this i don't walk around saying "Hey i'ma 4-star which means I'm so much better than you. I rule you suck.. MY cards are the most epic your cards are just dull Go leave.. all you do is make bad cards i neg you!!"

i don't get it to be honest..... Older members are supposed to help... if they don't help then y are they here.. (and this is so much meaner than i usually am) but y be here to hate the new members who come to make this site great.??? If newbies stopped coming becuase they don't want to be flammed and talked about then whut will this site become?

Guest JoshIcy

I've been discussing this whole thread idea (well, an offshoot conversation about it) with Browarod, my friend and fellow Moderator. And he has come up with a legitimate and not very harsh rule suggestion. Which I'd like to run by all of you;

"-Any member who posts only regarding "bad OCG" or only posts an OCG correction (even if it is accompanied by a rating) will be given a ??% Warning the first time, a ??% Warning the second time, and will receive a 3-day ban upon the third occurrence. Any further occurrences after the 3-day ban will result in consequences such as a ban from the Realistic Cards section, or even a forum ban."

Your feelings on it?

EDIT: Xander had the original version of this rule. Which I may or may not post later.

Helping on every thread that has the same errors is boring. I do it occasionally, but I wish that those members would look around them, and see the mistakes other members are making, or learn OCG. It's more fun to be able to see great cards and congratulate them.

uh huh.. and Icy i agree with the new rule...

pple shouldn't just post like this

"This card has bad OCG, horrible pic, it's fails at life"

Comeon put heart into it..

Is this exceptable? (i wanna be sure since it's how i rate and comment)

"This card has minor OCG.

OCG fix:

special summon = Special Summon

deck = Deck

The pic is great and the card is balanced

it's great just fix the OCG errors.. ^^

my rating 9/10"

i kno...

i don't even care about the stars at all... and i kno I'm prolly still considered a newbie by some members.. but this i don't walk around saying "Hey i'ma 4-star which means I'm so much better than you. I rule you suck.. MY cards are the most epic your cards are just dull Go leave.. all you do is make bad cards i neg you!!"

i don't get it to be honest..... Older members are supposed to help... if they don't help then y are they here.. (and this is so much meaner than i usually am) but y be here to hate the new members who come to make this site great.??? If newbies stopped coming becuase they don't want to be flammed and talked about then whut will this site become?

Beat me to it. Of course about the older members I don't know either. Thats probally why you don't see anyone in questions and help. Maybe they dont feel like helping. Or just simply say: "Im not going there. That section is for n00bs with no brains". As for the 5 stars+ people out there that are actually helping' date=' I congratulate you. Its rare that we see anyone help really.[hr']

I also agree with you too Icy about the rule.

Yea' date=' agreed needless to say. I left the warning part out in my previous post though i menat to say it. I type too fast for my own good.lol.

Yea, I think the higher members just laugh at the newbies because they know that "I'm a 5-star. Im so much better than you. Get out before i -rep you".

I'm a 3-star and your a 4-star...Other people brag about the reason that they are 5 stars in front of newbies and -rep them to make them look bad.

[/quote']

I don't now why some one would brag just for being 3, 4, 5...stars

Cuz it just means that you post a lot doent mean you make amazing card that gives

You the abilite to -rep others

• OCG fixing, even mentioning OCG errors, is prohibited when, either there are none to fix, an OCG fix has already been issued, or when the errors aren't that relevant, e.g may instead of can.

• If any member is caught mentioning OCG errors or fixing OCG when a OCG fix has already been issued, said member may get an undefined % warning. If this rule is violated 3 or more times, said member might be banned.

• OCG errors should be only issued when the effect of a card is not understandable. Only then, are you allowed to fix OCG, but if somebody else already fixed it, you aren't allowed to do so anymore.

• [spoiler=Example when you can fix OCG]When dis card is summoned normally to teh field, its player can pick up the top card from their deck and placye it on the field. If da card is a monster type card, this card gains 200 power and is sent to the graveyard pile at the end of the turn.

That is the original version that I wrote. I'm asking you people, which one is better, the one I made or the one that Icy posted?

And most people would probally take my post(s) on page 2 as the following:

LOL, IF YOU WASTE UR TIME ON DA NOOBEZ YOUR A N00B TOO LOLOLOLOLROFLROFLROFL.

Of course, I've already seen someone take my post in one way or another.

Btw xander. I agree with your sig. I dunno which one of the rule sets is better either. They both look almost the same to me. I'll think.

Well the posted rule of Xander is easier to understand.... every member should be able to mention OCg errors if they see any, but they shoudl read the posts before posting... and if the OCg is alread corrected just rate the card and say good job or whutever..

but i do disagree... even minor OCG errors should be mentioned to better prefect the cards....

• OCG fixing' date=' even mentioning OCG errors, is prohibited when, either there are none to fix, an OCG fix has already been issued, or when the errors aren't that relevant, e.g may instead of can.
    [/list']
    • If any member is caught mentioning OCG errors or fixing OCG when a OCG fix has already been issued, said member may get an undefined % warning. If this rule is violated 3 or more times, said member might be banned.

• OCG errors should be only issued when the effect of a card is not understandable. Only then, are you allowed to fix OCG, but if somebody else already fixed it, you aren't allowed to do so anymore.

• [spoiler=Example when you can fix OCG]When dis card is summoned normally to teh field, its player can pick up the top card from their deck and placye it on the field. If da card is a monster type card, this card gains 200 power and is sent to the graveyard pile at the end of the turn.

That is the original version that I wrote. I'm asking you people, which one is better, the one I made or the one that Icy posted?

Considering that most people don't read the rules, anything beyond a 10% warn would ludicrous and much too harsh. And there are times when the first "fix" is incorrect. :/

Yea, I understand the fact that people try to help others by correcting OCG. However, say for example you are looking on a set of 50 cards in this section. How are you going to post all of the OCG errors?

MY ANSWER: only post the ones that are a big deal. Don't worry about the minor ones like forgetting to capitalize normal summon. OOPS, i didnt capitazlize normal summon, Now people are going to give me 7/10 instead of 9/10....

Guest JoshIcy

MY ANSWER: only post the ones that are a big deal. Don't worry about the minor ones like forgetting to capitalize normal summon. OOPS' date=' i didnt capitazlize normal summon, Now people are going to give me 7/10 instead of 9/10....

[/quote']

I'm sorry. I lol'd at the truth in that.

im always trying to help the Newbs.

But they get flamed that often..

its pretty hard' date=' if your OCG is not perfect...

I can only say...Neutral warning from everyone who wants to help newbs , to the ones being mean to newbs.

and if it happens again neg them.

That will stop nearly everyone from being mean to newbs^^

[/quote']

I agree

MY ANSWER: only post the ones that are a big deal. Don't worry about the minor ones like forgetting to capitalize normal summon. OOPS' date=' i didnt capitazlize normal summon, Now people are going to give me 7/10 instead of 9/10....

[/quote']

yes i agree with Regal but the minor ones should be fixed to... not just overlooked... But i suppose it's not that big of a deal.. although OCG errors Drive me insane... Minor or other wise... -.-;

but i think the most (the same to me, im not that old^^) newbs like to get some help

sth. like

"OCG - Errors, Effects good. Pic sucks"

or

"FAIL/10"

is totally *********

i liked getting help like

"lifepoints = Life Points"

"normal summoned= Normal Summoned"

because these are mistakes i wont do again.

things like

AAA-000 should be AAA-EN001

are totally useless! these aren`t even real cards, so who cares?

To come back to my point.

I think helping with OCG is always good. As long as nobody starts correcting things like "AAA-EN001".

And as long as the help only comes up once. ^^

so all in all OCG-Help = Good, but shouldnt be made always

only mention wrong OCG, but not fixing it = *********

^^

[/quote']

yes i agree with Regal but the minor ones should be fixed to... not just overlooked... But i suppose it's not that big of a deal.. although OCG errors Drive me insane... Minor or other wise... -.-;

Not to be mean, but I find that statement kind of ironic with the way you type regularly.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out OCG mistakes, as long as that's not the only thing you're rating on....

• OCG fixing' date=' even mentioning OCG errors, is prohibited when, either there are none to fix, an OCG fix has already been issued, or when the errors aren't that relevant, e.g may instead of can.
    [/list']

Considering that most people don't read the rules, anything beyond a 10% warn would ludicrous and much too harsh. And there are times when the first "fix" is incorrect. :/

Doesn't natter, if the fix has been done, the fix has been done. It's the decision of the topic creator to take the advice or not.

but i think the most (the same to me' date=' im not that old^^) newbs like to get some help

sth. like

"OCG - Errors, Effects good. Pic sucks"

or

"FAIL/10"

is totally *********

[b']i liked getting help like

"lifepoints = Life Points"

"normal summoned= Normal Summoned"

because these are mistakes i wont do again.

things like[/b]

AAA-000 should be AAA-EN001

are totally useless! these aren`t even real cards, so who cares?

To come back to my point.

I think helping with OCG is always good. As long as nobody starts correcting things like "AAA-EN001".

And as long as the help only comes up once. ^^

so all in all OCG-Help = Good, but shouldnt be made always

only mention wrong OCG, but not fixing it = *********

^^

agreed

Archived