Anyone else seeing this?

Icy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also agree, in fact just today when my friend and I posted a card a guy said that it was crap. I don't see what was wrong with it. An other guy said that it was just the name but teh first guy said we had OCG errors and that the pic was crap. I don't understand why he would say something like. The card was good and as far as 3 people could tell there were no OCG errors. As far as I'm concerned people who just tell some one that there cards are crap and don't offer any help to fix it should be banned or at least warned. Maybe even bad reped? But idk that's a MOD's job not mine.

I agree with regalsword to the fullest.

First of all, technically i'm not new. However i'm a damn good cardmaker. But due to my 'noob' status, if I were to make one of my great cards, it probably would be fail to everyone nonetheless.

HOWEVER...

It is annoying to see someone else struggle when the majority keeps up fine. THIS, is why noobs are disrespected.

I think that noobs do deserve respect. I also think that they need to learn the ocg quickly, or risk being left behind in the dirt.

I agree with regalsword to the fullest.

First of all' date=' technically i'm not new. However i'm a damn good cardmaker. But due to my 'noob' status, if I were to make one of my great cards, it probably would be fail to everyone nonetheless.

HOWEVER...

It is annoying to see someone else struggle when the majority keeps up fine. THIS, is why noobs are disrespected.

I think that noobs do deserve respect. I also think that they need to learn the ocg quickly, or risk being left behind in the dirt.

[/quote']

You make it sound like a contest to be won or something? I am i guess you would call it a Noob. I never made yugioh cards in my life until my bf showed me this site. And ever since then i've loved it. Most ppl perfur to have ppl critiques there cards, it helps them get better. But other ppl, like me, just want help with making there cards. I get ppl telling me my cards suck, they wont ever be a real card and stuff like that, that hurts. Im trying here.

ppl who just say stuff like that and dont give advice on how to fix it should at leats be warned or something, because i know some ppl get annoyed real fast and im one of those ppl who would get annoyed.

It bothers me that ppl would just sya the cards arent good enough and leave it at that. More should be said to help them fix there mistakes.

Yes, people should be helped. However, most people have to get their comments in before the thread is locked. No one feels like helping ANYONE. thats what really is saddening about the whole newbie thing. Even though a newbie made a very good card with a perfect pic and perfect OCG he is still disrespected!?!?!

"THERE ARE NO WORTHLESS CARDS, ONLY OPINIONS."

Like OMGAKITTY said, most opinions on this site are worth NOTHING.

Well, they could just be saying "FAIL" to the newbies just to make the newbies look bad. WHATS THE POINT OF DISENCOURAGEMENT???? AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOU DID SOMETHING USEFUL IF YOU HELPED!

Newbies should be respected. They are members. Just like all of us. Why would encourage them to leave the site?? Theres no point. and it accomplishes NOTHING.

So why do it? Can anyone answer? I bet not....

People dont even have one reason to be mean to the newbies unless the newbie is mean to you 1st. I really do wonder why people are so lazy to help the newbies. All you have to do is type a couple of words BESIDES FAIL/10.

Or are they so concerned about reaching a 6 star member? I'd hate to break it to ya guys. BUT STARS DONT MATTER! IT REALLY MATTERS HOW GOOD THE PERSON REALLY IS. EVEN IF HE IS A 1 STAR HE SHOULD STILL BE TREATED LIKE ANY OTHER MEMBER. ALSO, I ONLY CARE IF THE CARD IS A GOOD CARD. IM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE PERSON MAKING IT...WHY WOULD I?

Again a valid point has been made. The person does not matter, the card does. I have seen ppl get bad reped for failing ppl and not helping. I, myself, have done so. Yes the pic matters and yes the OCG matters, but ppl get better with a little push and little help. Newbie's are like children learning to walk they need help, and no, stars shouldn't matter, but for some reason or another ppl seem to think they do. And if you noticed its the 2 stars or 3 starts who do the failing that i've noticed anyway.

I think that unless you're going to give your help dont comment on a persons thread.

AGREED!

All people should just shut up about the stars. Seriously, they would call both of us "NOOBS" because we arent 4 stars+. The stars only mean you post alot. They dont mean authority or anything. But some people tend to think they do..

Can anyone say... BIG MISUNDERSTANDING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Guest Merciful Idiot

Another thing. Why would all the 4 star+ members hate newbies???

You're wrong. It's just a coincidence. And I wasn't guessing.

I could do what you all suggested.

The question is:

how?

Note:

I am not your average Newb.

I never was.

Since June.

Personally' date=' I hate it when I see an entire page of

"0/10 you fail"

"1/10 stop making cards"

"your OCG sucks get out of here -3/10"

"good card 7/10 but your ocg is horrible 2/10"

It gets even worse when the newb posts "wat is ocg?" and people just say "official card grammer you cards suck fail/10"

It's so refreshing when I see a "Here, PM me and I'll give you some help on your OCG" instead of the usual.

I agree with whoever it was that said posts like the above examples should be considered spam.

[/quote']I actually know about Yu-Gi-Oh! now so I would be like "Uhh... OCG is Original Card Game. You people make no sense."

I would be a smart noob ^_^

i know a lot of ppl who will actully help you. Go to my new post just this morning a guy helped with an OCG error on my card

^ yes some of the older members on this site (the ones who haven't forgoten that they once were newbies themselves) will help a newer member... but not all of them though.. and it's kinda stupid.. for them not to help.. that's my opinion..

i know a lot of ppl who will actully help you. Go to my new post just this morning a guy helped with an OCG error on my card

^ yes some of the older members on this site (the ones who haven't forgoten that they once were newbies themselves) will help a newer member... but not all of them though.. and it's kinda stupid.. for them not to help.. that's my opinion..

see your one person who has helped me in the past. So i know what you mean. Some seinor members remember and offer their help. But others.... others do not.... I've seen you help out Steo Kaiba666 who isnt a newbie and is also welling to help us newbies out ((yes i just called myself a newbie lol)) but hey its true.

What i see on some ppl's threads... its really quiet sad... And it's not fair to those of us who are really trying. PPL WANT THE HELP THATS WHY THEY POST THERE CARDS!!!!!!

see your one person who has helped me in the past. So i know what you mean. Some seinor members remember and offer their help. But others.... others do not.... I've seen you help out Steo Kaiba666 who isnt a newbie and is also welling to help us newbies out ((yes i just called myself a newbie lol)) but hey its true.

What i see on some ppl's threads... its really quiet sad... And it's not fair to those of us who are really trying. PPL WANT THE HELP THATS WHY THEY POST THERE CARDS!!!!!!

yep yep..... Very much true..... and if the newbies stoped posting their cards it'd destroy the fourms..

BriaErik, I don't want to make an example out of you, but THIS is why newbs get disrespected.

Check your grammar.

Newbs are, sterotypically, supposed to start off with horrendous spelling and bland concepts. Unfortunately, most newbs prove this stereotype right.

Everyone went to school time and again. There is No reason why words should be mispelled!

Stars don't really matter, but the do have an "experienced" feel, and that's something to hold over anyone's head.

BriaErik' date=' I don't want to make an example out of you, but THIS is why newbs get disrespected.

Check your grammar.

Newbs are, sterotypically, supposed to start off with horrendous spelling and bland concepts. Unfortunately, most newbs prove this stereotype right.

Everyone went to school time and again. There is No reason why words should be mispelled!

Stars don't really matter, but the do have an "experienced" feel, and that's something to hold over anyone's head.

[/quote']

An ur one to talk seriously..

it also count as Age?

naturaly 14, 15, 16 years olds and older.. can spell better than the younger ones...

Naturally.. -.- being a newbie has nothing to do with it..

Like I said before, I'm not new! I've had to start over after getting banned.

Newbs need to get their act together if they want respect. This isn't a 1-sided street. If people don't want to help a struggling person, remember that even if you are experienced you really are not obligated to help anyone here.

And if being a newb has nothing to do with it, why exactly ARE the newbs disrespected huh???

BECAUSE THEY CAN' T SPELL AND THEY NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER!!!

Like I said before' date=' I'm not new! I've had to start over after getting banned.

Newbs need to get their act together if they want respect. This isn't a 1-sided street. If people don't want to help a struggling person, remember that even if you are experienced you really are not obligated to help anyone here.

And if being a newb has nothing to do with it, why exactly ARE the newbs disrespected huh???

[/quote']

Wait ur a Double account? I smell Premban!!!!

Where is Icy or Hunter or Flame Dragon, or Yankeefan now known as C-2 when u need them?

the only one i see being disrespectful around here is you actually..... Newbies come to learn not be Flamed..

Guest JoshIcy

Like I said before' date=' I'm not new! I've had to start over after getting banned.

[/quote']

Wait ur a Double account? I smell Premban!!!!

Where is Icy or Hunter or Flame Dragon, or Yankeefan now known as C-2 when u need them?

the only one i see being disrespectful around here is you actually..... Newbies come to learn not be Flamed..

He isn't a double of anyone to my scans.

And, I'm on break. Just came on to check threads.

Archived