Lock.

Tempest Dahlia

Which Would You Llke?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Would You Llke?

• I prefer that the current RP rules stand: For whatever reason it may be, l am against advanced format, or l don't like some aspects/RPing with it all the time.
    • I prefer the new change: For whatever reason it may be, i'm against Basic format and l think advanced will... (I expect an explanation.)

Icyblue Wrote:

(Today 08:57 PM)Jake the Sage Wrote:

(Today 08:55 PM)J-Max Wrote:

Since when did this become new Mods? Remember YCM that a Mod's decision is final. I think Rinne and the other RP Mods are doing a Smashing job trying to keep everyone happy. The Mod Team can put anyRule in they wish (as long as they all agree of course) so just deal with it If CC can work then so can RP.

Unfortunately there'd be some who would disagree

I disagree that Kraft is a good brand of cheese. So where's your point?

That people have differences of opinion.

Argueing about this is no more helpful than the cheese comment above.

Instead why don't we try and help the mods fix the rpg seciton.

I already put in my idea- The Apprentice Idea.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tainted Black

That is why I desire to become a mod- the mod of the people' date=' I guess . . .

To listen and understand, while being firm and dutifull to those I am attempting to help. But that might be in a fantasy world- I might end up corrupt . . . who knows?

[/quote']

Mod- "NEW RULE- TRACK DOWN ALL YCMEMBERS AND KILL THEM OR YOU RECIEVE A PERMABAN."

Member- "We can't start a petition, and we can't complain... Looks like we have no other choice."

You get the gist, and it's true.

Yes, because it's not like they do anything nice for you, like change your names, remove your unfair reps, and stop spammers.[/sar]

They often don't allow petitions because they know exactly what is best for the forum. They've already given you a break with the whole tag system, and even having such loose rules like the AC.

Did you know that other forums have RPers that post what would be an entire page in a novel, AT LEAST? We are below average, and they want to AT LEAST get us up to the minimum.

Not only that, it was people JUST LIKE YOU who followed what we called The Advanced Clause, and what they called The Basic Clause on other forums.

No, I don't think I'm better than anybody, but I believe that we could ALL improve our RPing, without having to make pointless petitions.

Mod- "NEW RULE- TRACK DOWN ALL YCMEMBERS AND KILL THEM OR YOU RECIEVE A PERMABAN."

Member- "We can't start a petition' date=' and we can't complain... Looks like we have no other choice."

You get the gist, and it's true.[/i']

Yes, because it's not like they do anything nice for you, like change your names, remove your unfair reps, and stop spammers.[/sar]

They often don't allow petitions because they know exactly what is best for the forum. They've already given you a break with the whole tag system, and even having such loose rules like the AC.

Did you know that other forums have RPers that post what would be an entire page in a novel, AT LEAST? We are below average, and they want to AT LEAST get us up to the minimum.

Not only that, it was people JUST LIKE YOU who followed what we called The Advanced Clause, and what they called The Basic Clause on other forums.

No, I don't think I'm better than anybody, but I believe that we could ALL improve our RPing, without having to make pointless petitions.

Hey Awesome!

Guess what?

I already ranted about this pages ago.

:D

Guest Tainted Black

Member- "We can't start a petition' date=' and we can't complain... Looks like we have no other choice."

You get the gist, and it's true.[/i']

A. We are on mods now.

B. It's for FUN. I understand that standards are needed, but not like other forums.

Guest Tainted Black

@ Kuro LOL DUDE!!!! Kudos! XD (Not Sarcasm. I'm serious.)

That is why I desire to become a mod- the mod of the people' date=' I guess . . .

[/quote']

By that definition you already are.

Hmmm . . . never thought of it that way. But would still like the real title of mod- so I can help more than I try to do already.

Guest JoshIcy

[/quote']

Hmmm . . . never thought of it that way. But would still like the real title of mod- so I can help more than I try to do already.

You don't know what it means to be a mod then.

We are members who need to work on RPing, and if we are performing below average, we have a long way to go. Let the beginners learn their way, and we can help teach them. That's all we need. The Beginners are not just Beginners, they simply misunderstand the complex stylings we call, Advanced RPing. Once they understand, and we teach them to correct what they're doing wrong, then we'll be able to constantly participate under the ADVed Clause. We are technically what the mods do. We are the workers, because we supply the ideas, or works that the Mods are trying to perform for us. Yet we seem to see it as unrequited. Obviously they are doing something, because we have this Forum. There could be mods on here who wouldn't support our ideas at all, and kick them away like a cheap 25 cent toy. But they are looking out for us, and we've been to blind to see. I will admit, I have not given my share of appreciation to the Mods.

[/quote']

And that is why I desire to be a mod. So that I can know for certain the way each and every single person views the thread.

I will gladly take any hardships or bad names I may adhere- if I can help then it will all be worth it.

Unlike most I don't give a rat's a** about what others think of me.

Guest JoshIcy

[/quote']

And that is why I desire to be a mod. So that I can know for certain the way each and every single person views the thread.

I will gladly take any hardships or bad names I may adhere- if I can help then it will all be worth it.

Then kindly be quiet and leave this thread.

[/quote']

aaaand that is a bad thing.

We are members who need to work on RPing' date=' and if we are performing below average, we have a long way to go. Let the beginners learn their way, and we can help teach them. That's all we need. The Beginners are not just Beginners, they simply misunderstand the complex stylings we call, Advanced RPing. Once they understand, and we teach them to correct what they're doing wrong, then we'll be able to constantly participate under the ADVed Clause. We are technically what the mods do. We are the workers, because we supply the ideas, or works that the Mods are trying to perform for us. Yet we seem to see it as unrequited. Obviously they are doing something, because we have this Forum. There could be mods on here who wouldn't support our ideas at all, and kick them away like a cheap 25 cent toy. But they are looking out for us, and we've been to blind to see. I will admit, I have not given my share of appreciation to the Mods.

[/quote']

He tried that. People didn't understand that the tag system wasn't a "Hey, let's allow BOTH ideas and make everyone happy!", it was a "Hey, these Basic RPers may just be used to the AC, so let's allow them to work on their RPing with Basic tags, and work their way to an Advanced tag."

Has every mod on this forum gotten involved in this catfight yet? If I get Crab to put in a scathing remark, we'd be all set! [/truth]

Now, down to business. Here are a few summarizing points.

1) The mandatory Advanced Clause will not be revoked, at least for the next month or two. I wanna see whether there's still this much fervor against in after a while. (Also, I've been negged for being indecisive or along those lines with the RP rules, so I don't want to prove that true.)

2) The apprenticeship idea has been suggested widely and there have been no opposors as of yet, so I will see whether I and the other mods can integrate it into the new system.

3) New mods have also been backed, but that is much less likely, due to the fact that it's the admins' decisions. The RP mods can suggest and nominate, but that's it.

4) Finally, the most unlikely but most welcome of them all would be to split the forum in two. Like I said, very improbable.

5) STOP WHINING. (See point 1.)

EDIT: Red-texted so you guys will stop arguing. [/umineko]

Deja Cru's point is far beyond everyone's else, and it possibly would be good to play test this idea just like a newly formed Deck. Who knows, in the end it could be an excellent idea. If it doesn't work out, well then, like he said, in a month or two, it will be gone, or be staying. The Apprenticeship idea might work its way in, so it could be easily possible for the ADVed Clause to stay. As said in my Sig, I support the ADVed Clause, and regardless of any of the argumental situations being provoked in here, I always will. We will find a way to work Beginners to their prime and catch up to the others RP Forums revolving around the Internet.

Has every mod on this forum gotten involved in this catfight yet? If I get Crab to put in a scathing remark' date=' we'd be all set! [/truth']

Now, down to business. Here are a few summarizing points.

1) The mandatory Advanced Clause will not be revoked, at least for the next month or two. I wanna see whether there's still this much fervor against in after a while. (Also, I've been negged for being indecisive or along those lines with the RP rules, so I don't want to prove that true.)

2) The apprenticeship idea has been suggested widely and there have been no opposors as of yet, so I will see whether I and the other mods can integrate it into the new system.

3) New mods have also been backed, but that is much less likely, due to the fact that it's the admins' decisions. The RP mods can suggest and nominate, but that's it.

4) Finally, the most likely but most welcome of them all would be to split the forum in two. Like I said, very improbable.

5) STOP WHINING. (See point 1.)

Very well . . . though it will only be like before.

Same ammount of arguing- etc etc

Honestly, in my opinion, put the Apprenticipe into action and leave the Tag System.

HO well . . . we will see in a months time.

@Icy- dude . . . harsh much? thought we were friends?

I do not promote self-glorifying opinions. Yours is no exception.

And the fact that you said you don't care what others think of you, means we shouldn't either.

Rinne- "NEW RULE- TRACK DOWN ALL YCMEMBERS AND KILL THEM OR YOU RECIEVE A PERMABAN. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY. EVER"

Member- "We can't start a petition' date=' and we can't complain... Looks like we have no other choice [b']but to leave[/b]"

You get the gist, and it's true.

Case proven

Fixed and seconded.

Look, we get Rinne's point. We can leave. But We do not want to. I'm not arguing, even now. Just stating. I'm just watching where this is headed. But PLEASE stop bickering. Or "Fix'd-ing". All I'm saying, is I like the Apprenticeship idea and that I do not wish to leave. I do/say everything I do/say because I think it will help the users.

Archived