~Absolute Powerforce - Everlasting Burning Soul~

iCherry

If you weren't aware, they're doing Pinned sign ups again, course, that's Cherry's responsibility, but I don't think there's any issue with a stand in doing it.

Good luck finding it, it was deleted and the only with the most up to date copy is me.

• Replies 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recorded another video of myself as Optimus in Graffiti Kingdom. Just need to re-render the video, and I'll post it if anyone is interested.

It goes beyond a post's character limit.

Cut it into parts? O,o

Anyway, Hows that Paper Mario run of yours going?

Made it to Bowser yet?

Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm in Bowser's keep now, just trollin through. I've managed to work on doing spin jump first attacks, for more damage; Koopatrols are kind of annoying with their 3 Def, buuuuttt, with Spike Guard they're easy. Watt is a handy little lass with piercing too.

I'll probably beat him tonight.

Koopatrols are your only real threat in the castle. And Watt is flat-out amazing.

And speaking of annoying enemies, you used Kooper all through out the winter chapter, right?

His Flame Shell does more damage against those piranha plants, and the Duplighosts get plagued with the weaknesses that all turtle enemies have(Except Bowser, of course).

Oh, and you have 2 Happy Hearts, right? REALLY helpful badge, and practically removes the self-healing factor in Bowser's Castle.

Koopatrols are your only real threat in the castle. And Watt is flat-out amazing.

And speaking of annoying enemies, you used Kooper all through out the winter chapter, right?

His Flame Shell does more damage against those piranha plants, and the Duplighosts get plagued with the weaknesses that all turtle enemies have(Except Bowser, of course).

Oh, and you have 2 Happy Hearts, right? REALLY helpful badge, and practically removes the self-healing factor in Bowser's Castle.

>using happy hearts

Casual scrubs.

Beat the game like I did when I was younger.

ALL POINTS INTO HP.

NOTHING IN BP AND FP.

FINAL DESTINATION.

Actually, against the Dupli's, I used Bow. See, Bow CAN do 6 damage, but in 1 D packets in a group of 6. Using that to my advantage, I used that Def Increase Badge, and any Dupli who copied Bow COULD NOT harm me in any way.

I did use Kooper in the Winter Land part, but Bow and Watt in the Crystal Palace. As I said, using Bow as a template reduces Duplighost damage. It was hilarious watching the Bow copy attack and hear nothing but the no damage ding.

Ice, that won't work unless you get to Bowser's Castle before you level up to a level where you've Maxed HP, which would be Lv 10. So, unless you've avoided EVERY battle aside from bosses, you wouldn't pull it off.

...I didn't really considering Bow, against Duplighosts. I kept thinking the multi-attack from Bow, would all count as a single bit of damage from a Duplighost, and end up hitting with like 5-ish each turn to Mario :/

So again, you made it to Bowser yet?

Also, how about The Master? Easier then Bowser or what? O,o

I was distracted last night, but I'll get around to it, eventually. Master, yeesh, I remember him. I fought him around Lv 8 I think, he was a toughin, but I bested him all the same. I think what cements him in your mind is that he can be fought so early, but is still pretty devastating.

I learned the Bow strategy by accident actually, as I am a big fan of her Fan Smack attack. But, it makes sense when you think about it as Dupli's are exact copies. I remember my fight with Lee though, it was funny when he copied Goombario and then used Tattle, wasting a turn and allowing little ot no damage to me.

And I forgot to say, Watt truly is an amazing Partner; her unique piercing attack really cements her in a top 3 Partner Rotation. She made Kent C. Koopa and Crystal King all the more easier.

Going on that, once you've gotten the last member and a few Hypers, you start to see which Partners work and which don't, basically, they have a best to worst.

#1: Watt - Watt is the paramount of Partners basically, why? Because she has one unique trait, consistancy. No matter what she hits, if you get that Action Command right, she will deal 5 damage. Her other skills don't matter, as her ability to pierce is what makes her so attractive. Plus, she has the powerful ability to increase Mario's damage, her Charge plus a Jump Charge can allow for an insane Power Jump on the next turn.

#2: Sushie - Sushie is #2 purely due to her Tidal Wave ability. This is an invaluable skill, but, also does require skill. If you react well, she can put so much as to about 7-10 damage per go. Combine that with a relatively medium cost, and she earns her spot. Her ability to increase Def makes her an excellent choice for a Tank Mario build, especially if combined with Muskular's Chill Out Star Power.

#3: Goombario & Bow - These two share this spot due to their Hybrid nature. Out of all physical attacks, these two do the most at max power, 6. All others only do 5. However, they aren't higher in position because their damage is lessened because they're mulitiple attacks. Making them only useful in attacking targets with 0 Def. Bow's Fan Smack also does the most damage to a single target, 10. But, damage isn't the only thing they bring, as Goombario's Tattle is one of the most valuable due to the permanant scan nature it has. Outta Sight is the perfect defence, even though it may cost Bow a turn.

#4: Kooper & Lakilester - Kooper is a handy Partner when you first get him, because he does more damage than young Goombario and comes with a hit all ground enemies attack. However, when they both go Super and Hyper, young Goombario starts to outshine Kooper as an attacker. Lakilester is, well, too late, if you will. He's a Partner that would have been quite useful much earlier in the game, as opposed to appearing when you go to find the 6th Star Spirit. His normal attack is annoyingly flippant in the aim too. Spiny Shower is an alright attack for its cost though. Basically, Kooper's use is Flame Shell in Freezeland; whilst Lester's major use is for Cloud Nine.

#5: Bombette - Bombette is a handy little lass early game, but, she starts to become expensive as her Ranks progress. Her power doesn't improve much either. She suffers from having too big a cost in many of her skills; inevitibly, she gets replaced by Sushie and Watt as valuable players. I know Mega-Bomb does 8 damage, but for 8 cost, no thanks; Tidal Wave can get me that with 6.

#6: Parakarry - Oh boy. Parakarry is, really, an Overworld partner. His main attack can be pretty hard to time as you only get a second to time it right, leading to many wasted attacks. His abilities don't help all that much either. The only uses he brings is for when you're attacking Bats due to their annoying roosting habit. Air Raid is kind of cool, but pretty meh in the long run. As I said, he's purely Overworld, hence why he has that Mail Delivery Side-Quest, otherwise, he would be flat out useless as a niche character.

Yea, Watt is flat-out God-tier.

I literally spam her... Mega Shock is the Hyper ability, right? Anyway, I spam the living hell out of that move ALL. OVER. THE. ENTIRE. GAME.

With 2 Happy Flowers, and the fact every enemy gets stunned for about 3-4 turns, it basically becomes costless and you end up effortlessly beating any enemy/group of enemies in the game, except bosses/mini-bosses, of course(Heaven forbid you can paralyze them >__>)

Sushi, I tend to overlook Tidalwave since I keep thinking it only really works on Fire enemies. Then again, I dont really use her outside the Lava Piranha battle(Though, I really should try her more. You gave her valid options)

Goombario, I don't really use. Honestly, His Charge + Multi-Bonk is cool and all, but that's what Mario tends to be used for, and doing it for two characters just eats up my FP. Plus, I was never really a fan of Tattle. Yea, its cool and all, but I just find it a little redundant IMO.

Bow, Absolutely love her as a partner in the game. Out of Sight is amazing, and Fan Smack being able to do 10 damage just tears down a lot of enemies + tacks of damage real fast.

Kooper, I like the fact he can be a bit of an anti-turtle character(ironic, considering he is one) and as you noted, is amazing in the early game, pretty much a No throughout the whole middle, and then handy in the ice palace.

Lakilester/Spike tends to share the same position that Parakarry does, in the sense that you only really use them in the overworld. Though, his Spiny Rush is ideal against Huff N' Puff as it removes practically all the Ruff Puffs on screen. His Cloud Nine, on the other hand, its actually a convenient move, since it pretty much doubles as a second 'Pretty Lucky'-badge.

Bombette, TBH, I love using her. Mostly since I tend to only go through most of the game with about 20 HP and then use the rest of my stuff on Badge + FP, so I enjoy spamming Bower/Mega Bombs. Works wonders on almost every set of enemies in the game, except for the occasional bats that only appear in 2 stages. And yes, shes amazing early game since she takes out Bill Blasters, Chain Chomps, etc, with a simple Power Bomb.

Parakarry, all his attacks seem really awesome, but again, hes mostly for overworld. Speaking of which, he actually gets A LOT of usage in the overworld, so its possible Nintendo was aware of his weak-status, and just figured he would make up for it as the delivery guy/"I-help-you-cross-stuff"-person.

I guess we have different stances in regards to our characters, cause I tend to focus on ensuring I stay alive whilst wrecking opponent's chances to hurt me, then I lay it on thick. That's why I rose BP first, then HP and FP, but mostly HP.

Yeah, Megashock is her Hyper Ability, I don't use it much. I'm a rough and tumble fella, with 50 HP. I can tank whatever is thrown at me.

Frankly, I feel the exact same way about Parakarry as well. They knew he was weak, so he got a handy gimmick, those, those Star Pieces are useful when getting the Off up badge.

No, Kooper is no use in the Ice Palace. Only in the areas leading up to it. There aren't any ice foes in the palace aside from Crystal King, but his Def is too high it's pointless to use anything but Watt.

I rarely used Goombario's Charge and Multibonk, as his 6 damage is satisyfing enough. Tattle isn't exactly redundant, you should listen to what Goombario has to say about Duplighosts that copy Kooper, and you'll see that the little guy actually holds a lot of venom in regards to Kooper.

Yeah, I used 'Spike's' Spiny Shower on Huff'n'Puff to. I wiped about 10-12 of those little bastards with it. But, afterwards, Cloud Nine became my primary use for him.

Bow, I simply adore like Bootler does. Her expression when she Smacks things, the laugh after you win a battle and watching her beat the s*** out of foes with a Fan. I would have put her higher, but, her single target nature restrains her damage a touch.

Bombette stopped being useful to me after Dry Dry Desert honestly, when I started Supering up Goombario and Kooper.

I guess we have different stances in regards to our characters, cause I tend to focus on ensuring I stay alive whilst wrecking opponent's chances to hurt me, then I lay it on thick. That's why I rose BP first, then HP and FP, but mostly HP.

Yeah, Megashock is her Hyper Ability, I don't use it much. I'm a rough and tumble fella, with 50 HP. I can tank whatever is thrown at me.

I've played through the game many times. First time, I actually did tank a lot of HP. Then from then on, I decided to be a little reckless and just badge-spam the whole time. Works wonders if your good with Power Bounce.

No, Kooper is no use in the Ice Palace.

I keep refering to the entire ice section, as just the Ice Palace, and I need to stop doing that >___< But yea, hes amazing against everything until said actual castle.

Tattle isn't exactly redundant, you should listen to what Goombario has to say about Duplighosts that copy Kooper, and you'll see that the little guy actually holds a lot of venom in regards to Kooper.

Alright, next time I decide to play through the game, I'll use Goombario more, and see whats up.

Bow, I simply adore like Bootler does. Her expression when she Smacks things, the laugh after you win a battle and watching her beat the s*** out of foes with a Fan. I would have put her higher, but, her single target nature restrains her damage a touch.

Yea, Bow's slightly psychotic nature is absolutely adorable, for how much damage she can do.

Speaking of which, went to Google and found this:

bow.png

Her crazy-face, its only used, like, what... Twice the whole game?

Bombette stopped being useful to me after Dry Dry Desert honestly, when I started Supering up Goombario and Kooper.

Same goes for me too, sadly...

Its not until, like, Bowsers Castle that I bring her out for a few rooms.

That's not her psychotic face, that's what you call a 'Boo face', considering, well, she's a Boo, naturally. That reminds me of the Dry Gulch segment. Frankly, those Boos deserved all they got for constantly scaring Tubba Blubba, and I suppose it's supposed to be funny, but them not even learning the lesson is just, well, evil. I know they're Boos, but still.

Goombario even questioned Buzzar's gender during one of his Tattles as well. He makes some rather interesting comments sometimes, like his annoyance at Jr. Troopa's constant fights.

That's not her psychotic face, that's what you call a 'Boo face'

Compared to normal Boos:

boo.png

They just stick their tongue out, as does Bootler. Bow actually gives you a death-stare.

Frankly, those Boos deserved all they got for constantly scaring Tubba Blubba, and I suppose it's supposed to be funny, but them not even learning the lesson is just, well, evil. I know they're Boos, but still.

Gulch, as much as I love the music to it, the segment doesn't really make a lot of sense if you analyze it a bit.

Bow can make you transparent, as do other Boos.

Add to it, being transparent also makes things pass through you.

So if Boos can do that, how the hell can they even be "eaten" in the first place? I know the magic of Mario disagrees with me, but still....

Furthermore, pretty sure it was Bowser who preformed said surgery on Tubba, in order to have him as a guard for the Star Spirit, which, potentially might have been part of Tubba's part to get revenge on the Boos. ALSO, his Heart re-joining his body was a bit of a mistake, as that also gave him all his emotions back, since his "shell"(as they call it) is basically a walking killing"eating" machine. So if Tubba had more common sense, he would have stayed seperated, as we know his heart is invincible, and just kept fighting Mario with the heartles body. Seriously, he only became weak again because he "merged" with his existing body.

And another thing, its heart being able to generate antibodies out of thin air is a little scary.

Err, no, his Heart was actually not invincible; that's the reason it fled, it was close to death. It was guarded so fiercely because it could still die, unlike his shell, which was immune to damage due to not feeling anything. It was desperate to protect itself that it hid in the only thing it could, his 'invincible' body. Had he stayed seperate though, the Heart would've died and the body, most likely, would have gone berserk without the Heart controlling it.

EDIT: So, I beat Bowser, and, I'll be honest; I truly wanted Twink to transform into the 8th Star Spirit during the fight with Kammy.

His 'berserk' body probably would have been stronger then Mario, and made it impossible for him to have gained the Star Spirit, because Tubba was still on a rampage. But still, I see your point.

Also, yes, Twink becoming a Star Spirit would have been pretty awesome.

And wait, you beat all three of the Master's forms at level 8?

Dojo goes as follows:

Buzzy Beetle-guy

Duplighost-guy

The Master - "Old"

The Master - Serious mode

The Master - "True"

Serious Mode is the same as "Old" Master, except he does more damage and has more HP.

True Master has the same 99 HP as Bowser, and hits a hell of a lot harder then he does.

Except-

Has no self-healing

Doesn't require the Star/Peach Beam to be used on him

Doesn't remove stat boosts

Doesn't inflict status conditions

His attacks aren't Fire

Doesn't have a spike on his head(obveious)

And has.... I think.... 0 DEF?

Personally, I find him easier then Bowser.

Ice, that won't work unless you get to Bowser's Castle before you level up to a level where you've Maxed HP, which would be Lv 10. So, unless you've avoided EVERY battle aside from bosses, you wouldn't pull it off.

If I remember correctly I had like, 6 BP and maybe 20 FP.

I need to bust out the N64 some time and check that out.

The Buzzy Beetle guy is called Chan. The Duplighost is called Lee. My Healing item of choice for the better part was the Roast Shroom, ironically made from the Volt Shrooms. My second choice were Maple Supers.

I loved that idea, just, dipping the Mushrooms in Honey/Maple Syrup to create a new item. It was hilariously ingenius... sighe, I miss the Chopply Bubbly Yum song.

Archived