~Absolute Powerforce - Everlasting Burning Soul~

iCherry

• Replies 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I saw that, but have no clue in regards to obscure abilities, I spose I could research, but until I get bored with Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG, I doubt I'll be getting any more Wii Points; which would be reserved for Lylat Wars anyways.

I have a fondness for the Mario RPG games, which tend to inarguably be better than the platformers, purely for the humour and overall cornyness of it. To quote, I believe it was Nexev a long, LONG time ago:

200px-GeneralGuy1.jpg

You WISH your tank had a f**king lightbulb on it.

Speaking of Paper Mario bosses....

Huff N' Puff is by far, the easiest boss in the game. Koopa Bros don't count, as their battle is just stupid.

Final bBowser is possibly a close 2nd.

The only real "hard" boss in the game is probably Crystal King, as he tends to deliberately eat up your FP, and if you fail to block his Ice-breathe, which he does quite often, you end up frozen. And we all know that a defenseless Mario, is a bad Mario. Plus, his random Self-heal is annoying.

I dunno, Dry Dry Desert had a habit of being quite insulting, especially Buzzar. That annoying tool can do so much damage, especially with that stupidly near undodgeable grab move s/he has. I know it's optional and you can come back later and much stronger, but still, major insult for such a tough battle that only gives 16 SP. But I hate the escape bar function, considering that bar is so hard to raise and that insipid mario running on top always lands at the friggin end, which begs the question of 'why bother' in the first place.

The Koopa Bros are annoying, though maybe that's cause I want a Tattle on everything. Goombario is a handy little bugger, especially when upgraded. Honestly though, Bow is my favourite of the Secondaries; mostly due to her expression when she does a quintuple pimp hand on enemies and her after battle laugh.

This Wii Virtual Console system is quite neat, I just wish they had the Nin64 Conker's Bad Fur Day

As amazing and awesome as that WOULD have been, f***ing Rare being bought out ruined that for us. It's a shame honestly, I never got to play it, I only know about it from NintendoCapriSun's LP of it.

Also, Paper Mario 64, I always loved the Lava Piranha fight. I used to have trouble with Huff n' Puff cause he liked to spam his little EAT CLOUDS GAIN HEALTH attack against me.

Buzzar is a pain in the ass fighting him early, yes. but considering hes optional, it gives you the chance to come back to him later, so of course, common sense is what defeats him. Me? I'm a jackass who fights him right away and almost dies every time.

Speaking of which, Tutankoopa is pretty tricky, considering those Chain Chomps either require 6FP to be killed via Bombette, or you spend your turn attacking it, either way, Tutankoopa still gets free shots at you.

@Shuffling guy: The secret to Huff N' Puff, which I find to be quite effective, is you play the turtle game with him.

He does little damage to you the whole game, while you just instant-kill him at the right moment.

Tutan is kind of easy TBH, I mean, I bested those Chomps using Quake Hammer and a Super Rank Kooper, and I think I also used Charge Hammer. Tutan is only tricky cause his 'magic' can hurt either you, or him; but you don't know which, otherwise, his shell attack is pretty weak. The only one I've ever had trouble with is the optional bosses, namely Anti Guy. Much of the actual bosses have been pushovers, but, I assume that's cause I chose to save my first 25 Star Pieces in order to get that Atk boost badge, which was totally worth it.

If you get every single Star Piece, and then concentrate all your badges on ATK boosting, Mario can effortlessly do about 100+ damage to Final-Bowser from a few turns of pure Power Bouncing, and worry little to nothing at all about your HP.

"The Master", on the other hand, you can do all that AND spam S.Jump Charge at the same time.

So from "careful" planning + many S.Jump charges and Mario's HP being@1 later...

Mario's ATK, upon my actual turn, is about 30-50, from charging + Badge spam.

Managed to hi him with about 250-ish, when his HP is 99, in a single attack. Was beautiful, despite the fact I messed up on like my 4th or 5th jump, and, you know, All or Nothing reduces that hit to 0. But he was dead regardless.

Broken, how many times have you played through Paper Mario 64?

Also, Dodge Master makes it work easier.

Add to it, when you were commenting about the 'Escape' feature, mash the A button -> Hand lands in colored area -> Escape. Its easy, dood.

I meant against attacks like Buzzar's, where he grabs you and you have to mash A in the hopes of escaping, despite you only ever realy reach 2/3s the bar and the stupid Mario lands at the freaking end of the bar or a mm short 80% of the god damn time.

I'm still playing through it.

Yea, Buzzar's grabbing attack is rather idiotic :/

And despite being your first time playing through Paper Mario, you will get the hang of timing with the Power Bounce.

Even I would randomly mess up my Power Bounces during my very first time playing it. You get better at it, as the game goes on. Trust me.

Mmm, I'm going through Lavalava right now, and have already maxed my BP. I decided it would be wise to do so, since HP and FP Plus Badges. Right now I have the Defence plus Badge, both Attack Plus Badges, All or Nothing, Dodge Master and some other stuff, so, I'm currently doing 5 damage per jump or 7 on the hammer, it's all good. I still hate Fuzzies, especially those stupid Jungle Ones who are practically guaranteed to do 1 damage.

The badge combo was helpful against Super Blooper as well, annoying wide ride; Power Bounce did help, as I pulled off usually about 18 damage per cycle, Bow was my Second, as during the Super Ranking she does the most damage,a nd Outta Sight doe shelp when Supa Bloopa aggros. I do have the timing, it's just that for no apparant reason I press the button and the combo doens't continue. Maybe it's my controller, the button tends to get stuck, but not currently, I dunno.

Archived