Yu-Gi-Oh: Signers of the Stars [Started/Accepting Here/OOC/Co-Hosted by evilfusion]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New app:
Username: King Mew
RP Name: Rori
Bio: She has been an orphan since she was three she never really knew her parents or her age. She only knew that she hated everything about the world and she would never have anything to do with anyone who could hurt her. Her life is like a puzzle to her she has to make things complicated in ways no one can understand in order to understand them herself. She has a book with a letter and a picture in it that her parents left her. Now she’s a unhappy girl who feels unloved and hopes that everyone else will suffer like she did her whole life. The only reason she joined the tourneht is to make others suffer at her hand. she stole the entry pass for a duelist she found woundering around her dueling grounds.
Personality: nasty, mean, almost never has a nice thing to say about anyone or anything.
[color="#FF8C00"]Appearance:[/color] [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/549jc4.jpg[/IMG]
Faction: Member of an underground duel society call the black wings.
Deck Type: I have not decided on a deck for her so she'll be using two or three deffirent decks until I find witch one she'll be using.

[quote name='King Mew' timestamp='1289330779' post='4774105']
New app:
Bio: She has been an orphan since she was three she never really knew her parents or her age. She only knew that she hated everything about the world and she would never have anything to do with anyone who could hurt her. Her life is like a puzzle to her she has to make things complicated in ways no one can understand in order to understand them herself. She has a book with a letter and a picture in it that her parents left her. Now she’s a unhappy girl who feels unloved and hopes that everyone else will suffer like she did her whole life. The only reason she joined the tourneht is to make others suffer at her hand. she stole the entry pass for a duelist she found woundering around her dueling grounds.
Personality: nasty, mean, almost never has a nice thing to say about anyone or anything.
[color="#FF8C00"]Appearance:[/color] [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/549jc4.jpg[/IMG]
Deck Type: I have not decided on a deck for her so she'll be using two or three deffirent decks until I find witch one she'll be using.
[/quote]

Or her age? Okay...

The bio bugs me a bit because it's so vague and difficult to follow. She's an orphan since 3 (fine), didn't really know her parents. Why does she "only knew that she hated everything..."? So she was essentially born as an embodiment of hatred? I don't quite see how someone would be hateful more or less from day 1. No doubt there are children who grow up bitter and anti-social following the loss of family, or an abusive family, but you make it sound like she was always like this, all her life. If so, why is that?

The "her life is like a puzzle..." part is incredibly difficult to follow. Why would making something ultra complicated help understanding? It might just be me, but when I don't understand something, I make it incredibly SIMPLE to cope with it, even if the result is irrational. Since she was so young when orphaned, pretty much everything about her life she doesn't know or understand...doesn't take up a great portion of her life. She should know and understand almost everything past that point.

Was she orphaned via abandonment or death? If it's the latter, where did the book/letter/picture come from?

Why is her life considered to be one of suffering? We dont know anything about her life growing up, which would be key to her development. Was she abused or neglected during those years? Was she living on the streets, in an orphanage, in a church? Is her sadistic and hateful perosnality the result of learning about hard times on the street, if she was living there. Does she have any skills as a result of her lifestyle? How did she get into dueling?

Her personality is rather bland "I hate everything and everyone, I want to hurt people". Does she have anything other than that? How does she cope with these feelings, if that's all she ever feels. What's her relative demeanor around people and how does it compare to her alone?

Well, there is no such faction, so it'll be labeled as "neutral".

And decide on a deck, preferably just one.

@Grand Raine: The last post before mine was from SSD and he said that when his character woke up the shuttles where just reaching the station so I took it to the next step and landed the shuttle hope its no problem.
@Evil: I'll try to make it more followable.

New app:
Bio: She has been an orphan since she was three When her perants died in a fatul car crash. She never really knew her parents or her age. She only knew that she hated everything about the world and she would never have anything to do with anyone who could hurt Her life is like a puzzle Since she ran away from the orphanarium and lived on the street. She has a book with a letter and a picture in it that her parents left her in their will. Now she’s a unhappy girl who feels unloved and hopes that everyone else will suffer like she has her whole life. The only reason she joined the tournement is to make others suffer at her hand. she stole an entry pass for a duelist she found woundering around her dueling grounds.
Personality: nasty, mean, almost never has a nice thing to say about anyone or anything. She has the skills of a master pick pocket and the mind of a profetional jewle theif.
Deck Type: you'll see when we duel.

I think it's safe to say the shuttles have docked. There's no purpose to drawing it out.

@King Mew: ...okay, I'm going to have to ask, no offense...is English not your first language, or did you just clambor to make changes, disregarding spelling and grammar along the way? I do have to admit running away from an "orphanarium" is a hilarious concept, even if you didn't mean that.

*sigh* While you attempted to address my questions, you didn't ANSWER them or elaborate. I know how the parents died, okay. It's vaguely implied she went to an orphanage, but not explained why she left (major life change deserves some explanation), just that she did. Still not mentioned why her life has been hellish enough that she wishes to inflict equal treatment upon everyone. And while it's nice her parents randomly left her a book/picture/letter in their will, do these items have any significance whatsoever, either to her personality or a role in her life. If not, why are they mentioned at all? Why did her parents leave her useless items in their will instead of, I don't know, money, clothes, naming some sort of caretaker for her...normal things left in wills to their children.

Her life is still a puzzle, since you only removed how she dealt with it, rather than clarify how she deals with it (or even WHY it's a puzzle). How she got to be jewel thief-level intellect is not explained, so it's worthless traits applied to a character in a clumsy attempt to cover my criticisms. My criticism isn't "your character needs skills", it's "tell me what effect your character's life has on them as a person".

[quote name='GrandRaine' timestamp='1289339254' post='4774350']
Okay i can follow that. Oh i toke your guys advise and Im on episode 31 of 5ds subbed of course (i watched an episode from 4kids it insults all that makes the show good) it is very good
[/quote]

Well, I considered the dub better than MOST dubs, in terms of not being overly random/punny and sticking to the story/dialogue. Then season 2 showed up and I joined the "I hate the dub" group. But sub is much better. And you're only at 31. It gets better.

I would like a side kick don't worry I'll probably have him get beat by a signer then killed by a dark on

Username:[color="#00FF00"] Grand Raine[/color]

RP Name: Dante Varish

Bio: [spoiler=bio]Born in a rich life in the tops, his parents were never home as a child and when of age he was enrolled in duel academy, Obelisk Blue of coarse. During his time there he rarely dueled but was kept in blue because of his family's affluence. He said that there was just nothing to duel for. His class grades he considered to be required and aced every assignment but was pushed back in the ranking as he refused to duel saying, "You waste yourselves when there is no need for it, show me a true reason to fight". After he graduated he found him self looking for a job. Seriph revealed him self to him teaching Dante in the ways of the light then he challenged him to a duel. Dante declined saying, "Why do you want to fight, for meaningless violence?". Seriph smirked responding, "I fight to do only what is necessary. The light is powerful but its word fall on deaf ears, by dueling I open their senses to it's majestic meaning. I fight for a better future free from darkness". Dante was entranced by this, he was never given a legitimate reason for fighting. He saw Seriph's mission and decided to join him. In the rare occasions he did duel at DA he never lost. He entered the Professional dueling world. When Seriph got word of the Tournament in the Stars he invited Dante to join. He served as the main pilot on the shuttle.[/spoiler]

Personality: Dante is quite and cool headed however when he begins dueling his mission awakens a fiercer persona

Appearance: Dante wears a loosely worn white dress shirt with lightweight blue cargo pants. He is slender, white, and roughly 6 foot, when not in the middle of something he stares off into space. He stance is slouched back with hands in his pockets doing his space stare. His hair is black with crimson steaks it is usually messy bedhead style.

Faction: Neutral (right hand to Seriph)

Deck Type: Vairons

Archived