Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

One of the best examples I remember is his second duel against Alit. Alit had summoned Lead Blow, and Yuma had Gagaga Magician and Gagaga Kid out. He already knew how useful Leadblow could be, so he could have summoned Number 11, taken control of Lead Blow, and attacked directly.

He wouldn't have been able to use Number 11 to take control of Leadblow given Alit's facedown Overlay Flash would've negated its effect.

Although one can argue that Alit probs wouldn't have known what Number 11 does.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But, doesn't every Yu-gi-oh main character spam their ace monster ad nauseam? Or is yuma just really that annoying?

Yugi never spammed his.

Jaden did start spamming Neos, but it had inherent flexibility with Neo Spacians, and his Fusion Heroes weren't always the same one.

Yusei had other Synchros, although Stardust was a frequent flier.

Yuma got No.39 in episode 2. He rarely does a Duel without using it exclusively, when the show's premise is collecting a massive group of cards just like it, and his Gagagas have the shtick of Level modification.

YES, IT IS THAT ANNOYING.

Yugi never spammed his.

Yugi doesn't count, since unlike the rest his sole reason for existence was not to sell cardboard for konami.

But i do see your point. Kind of glad i haven't really kept up with Zexal actually. the bad seems to outweigh the good. That, and the whole concept of Xyz (which sounds really, really stupid for a card type) kind of turned me off when i first saw it.

The upgrading is actually pretty rare. Yuma doesn't play Numeron Force too often (against Vector, against Mach, against C96, and against Eliphas), and C39 regular sees occasional use. That said, Utopia still has a ton of upgrades in C39, C39- V, C39 - Victory, Roots, and S39 (manga).

good lord, and i thought stardust had a few too many.

Well, Roots is technically a downgrade, but was only used once. It's also not a Number C, but just a "Number 39".

C39 was the first upgrade. Then Yuma got Limited Barian's Force into C39 - V. Then that became Numeron Force into C39 - Victory. Hasn't really been upgraded since, other than Roots.

That being said, of the 4 aces, Utopia has the most support cards, handsdown.
Actually, I just realized something.
Neos is from space/another dimension.
Stardust is a reincarnated dragon from the past.
And Utopia is a shard of an interdimensional being.
How do they have all of these support cards?
Dark Magician's support kind of makes sense. Yugi is buddies with Pegasus, who would be more than happy to help thicken and build up Yugi-boy's deck.
...That last part came out a bit wrong.

That being said, of the 4 aces, Utopia has the most support cards, handsdown.
Actually, I just realized something.
Neos is from space/another dimension.
Stardust is a reincarnated dragon from the past.
And Utopia is a shard of an interdimensional being.
How do they have all of these support cards?
Dark Magician's support kind of makes sense. Yugi is buddies with Pegasus, who would be more than happy to help thicken and build up Yugi-boy's deck.
...That last part came out a bit wrong.

well, at least in in GX and 5d's, industrial illusions is still a thing, and so making those support cards is a piece of cake, but i have no clue why they exist in Zexal, which if i understand correctly is completely removed from that timeline correct?

well, at least in in GX and 5d's, industrial illusions is still a thing, and so making those support cards is a piece of cake, but i have no clue why they exist in Zexal, which if i understand correctly is completely removed from that timeline correct?

But I2 might have given support cards to Neos, but the probability of giving them to Stardust is slim.

Let's not forget Number 44. It has a SO FAR unused Number related effect. Maybe they won't use it, and that's why they got rid of it in the TCG/OCG..... 

EDIT- This was relavent 15 minutes ago.....

Maybe the Signer Dragon support cards were created by The Crimson Dragon?

But how would he get them to Yusei and the gang?

Same way he got the 4 signer dragons to their owners: releasing them to the public. crimson dragon kinda guaranteed the signers would get  their synchro monsters (even leo got his waaaay in advance), so im pretty sure the signers would simply go out of their way to construct decks around these really cool dragons they came across.

Same way he got the 4 signer dragons to their owners: releasing them to the public. crimson dragon kinda guaranteed the signers would get  their synchro monsters (even leo got his waaaay in advance), so im pretty sure the signers would simply go out of their way to construct decks around these really cool dragons they came across.

I thought Crow said that Red Daemon's Dragon was a one of a kind card though.

I thought Crow said that Red Daemon's Dragon was a one of a kind card though.

the 4 originals are for sure, and we can assume that powertool/life stream and black feather are as well. Goodwin released the 4 cards to the public becasue (I think) that roman told him that the cards would find their way to their proper owners, which they did.

Promotional deals. [protagonist] wins [tournament], is approached by sponsors who will make cards that people recognize as from their company. How do we know that I2 is still a thing/the only thing that exists?

Its part of the plot in GX, and its mentioned in 5d's i believe.

In GX, they make it pretty clear that I2 doesn't control all the card-making that exists, and they are somewhat fine with it.

One of the times Jaden Summoned Neos and Pegasus was a spectator, he said 'when did I make that card?'.

The creation process opens up as time goes on. Back in Yugi's time, Pegasus was the sole creator of all cards in the game up until the Orichalcos arc, in which he was sealed away and impersonated, allowing the bad guys to make their cards with his seal of approval. With the exception of the Seal of Orichalcos, which was given by The Great Leviathan long before that.

Chumley becomes a card creator in GX. Pegasus doesn't exactly confiscate Jaden's Neos after first finding out about it. Jaden won a contest prize allowing him to make his Neo Spacians when he was younger. Other than that, I don't think that the students in Duel Academy make their cards despite the personalized look. Dimitry DID get an Ancient Gear Golem in that one episode. Jinzo and Zane had hinted at these "Cyber ways" at least in the dubs. 

In 5Ds, how many signer-only cards are really there? Even then, AT LEAST it was shown that the dragons exited officially. Even if 'one of a kind'. Kaiba has Blue-Eyes support, no one else in the world has a Blue-Eyes except for Yugi's grandpa, which is teared appart, but no one complains about Blue-Eyes support. Which most of it couldn't have had already existed during Duelist Kingdom's arc. Why would Pegasus give support for cards only Kaiba has? I don't know, but Kaibaman and Shining Dragon are a thing.

As for ZeXal, what's annoying about it is the fact they do it way too often. Then it's no longer a slip or an isolated case, but more like the audience having to turn their brain off to keep watching. The fact that ZeXal Weapons, a group of cards that's been outright stated to be created on the spot by Yuma's and Astral's power to blatantly accommodate to the situation, is a more 'ok' concept than some of these other support cards running around, still baffles me.

In GX, they make it pretty clear that I2 doesn't control all the card-making that exists, and they are somewhat fine with it.

Chumley becomes a card creator in GX. Pegasus doesn't exactly confiscate Jaden's Neos after first finding out about it. Jaden won a contest prize allowing him to make his Neo Spacians when he was younger.

Yeah, it was KaibaCorp hosted the contest that Jaden won.

Archived