Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On that note, so far it's been true: The Duel between Yuma and Nasch is the true climactic battle. It's significantly more enjoyable to watch than the Don Thousand Duel.

And Yuma dropping that bombshell of using a new Number was nice too. I do hope he uses Revise. Shark uses Aero Shark and Black Ray Lancer next episode, so who knows. Maybe we'll also see Shark Drake?

And Yuma dropping that bombshell of using a new Number was nice too. I do hope he uses Revise. Shark uses Aero Shark and Black Ray Lancer next episode, so who knows. Maybe we'll also see Shark Drake?

I really should have watched the episode preview.

I doubt he'll use Shark Drake. Even dropping Aero Shark and Lancer would cost quite a few resources, even for Shark. Creating a Rank 4 with 3 Mats is pushing the limits to the extreme.

If anything, using Aero Shark and Lancer would be symbolic of when he was Shark, not a Barian, much like him using the Over-Hundreds like this is symbolic of him being a Barian protecting his comrades and their world.

I expected Abyss Splash at some point. Guess Abyss Splash's moment was against Don Thousand.

There also won't be a second appearance of Numeron Dragon since he symbolizes the alliance of the 3 worlds for a common goal (Tachyon = Barian, Photon = Astral, Dragluon = Earth, probably).

I'd like to see a Shark Drake with Barian Force. Not that we'll get to see any of this since Aero Shark and Black Ray Lancer are about the final step of the Duel. Much like Yusei went Quasar > Shooting Star > Stardust, and later in the game with Jack > Junk Warrior.

Soooo

there's next episode, then Astral vs Yuma, then final episode, right?

I never thought how lethal it was how all the 10x numbers used all at once could totally be uber-dominating, even if it's only during your turn. Giant Hand Red and Masquerade can negate any potential effects that linger on the field up to twice per turn with the side of negating face-up cards and/or discarding a card. Tachyon Chaos reverses all past negative effects as well as adding another effect lockdown. Noble Archfiend and Ragna Infinity are of course easy to work together with with ATK deduction/burn/banish/negation, and of course Dark Knight removes hindrances on the field as Xyz Materials. And yet no Xyz Materials needed to be detached at all. Damn. Shark could have let some of Yuma's effects to not get through to save LP, but I guess he's rally that damn serious to show the pride of his brethren.

But this duel is much much much more entertaining than Don Thousand vs Yuma/Nasch. I really do want to see Shark Drake next episode. I mean, Shark's own Number just disappeared altogether....I would like to see it again, or else Shark's symbolism is going to have to be replaced by Lancer. But seeing how Nasch really has Barian King of Wishes dead, he's got a ways to go getting Aero Shark and Black Ray Lancer first. Aside from that, I think we'll be seeing the truth behind Nasch-Merag-Durbe as memories, the choice of Nasch, and Yuma seeing his father/Tron again and recollecting what he had been through. It seems liek a lot but I would like to see this all fit towards the end in a big bang.

I never thought how lethal it was how all the 10x numbers used all at once could totally be uber-dominating, even if it's only during your turn. Giant Hand Red and Masquerade can negate any potential effects that linger on the field up to twice per turn with the side of negating face-up cards and/or discarding a card. Tachyon Chaos reverses all past negative effects as well as adding another effect lockdown. Noble Archfiend and Ragna Infinity are of course easy to work together with with ATK deduction/burn/banish/negation, and of course Dark Knight removes hindrances on the field as Xyz Materials. And yet no Xyz Materials needed to be detached at all. Damn. Shark could have let some of Yuma's effects to not get through to save LP, but I guess he's rally that damn serious to show the pride of his brethren.

But this duel is much much much more entertaining than Don Thousand vs Yuma/Nasch. I really do want to see Shark Drake next episode. I mean, Shark's own Number just disappeared altogether....I would like to see it again, or else Shark's symbolism is going to have to be replaced by Lancer. But seeing how Nasch really has Barian King of Wishes dead, he's got a ways to go getting Aero Shark and Black Ray Lancer first. Aside from that, I think we'll be seeing the truth behind Nasch-Merag-Durbe as memories, the choice of Nasch, and Yuma seeing his father/Tron again and recollecting what he had been through. It seems liek a lot but I would like to see this all fit towards the end in a big bang.

Yeah. The effects of the C10X combined is terrifyingly potent.

Nasch didn't really have any other ways of stopping Yuma's effects, and was pretty effective at neutralizing them. C107 locked Utopia's effect. C102 turned Utopia to 0, letting C103 try to burn Yuma for game, but he happened to have a damage negator that activates from the hand (C107 can't stop that). C106 negated the Continuous Effect of that same Trap. C105 destroyed Utopia (but burn is 0), and C104 negated the monster that Yuma tried to block with, halved his LP, and discarded a card. By luck, he hit Rainbow Kuriboh, which blocked, although if hit something else, Yuma could use Rainbow's effect to stop the attack anyway.

Despite the overwhelming nature of CXyz Barian, and how Nasch's strategies revolve around the C10X to absurd extent, it's not nearly as ass-pully as the Don Thousand Duel, because of how Shark/Nasch has always played. Each combo piece moves almost naturally to the next, and while individually they seem ridiculously conditional, you realize quickly that all Nasch really needed to start his huge combos off was RUM- The Seventh One.

Which he can draw/search at will.

I don't think there's anything else to reveal about the Barian lords' memories. Don Thousand said that he altered Durbe and Merag's memories, with Durbe's showing a scene where Reaper!Thousand had brainwashed Durbe's friends, as we had speculated anyway. Merag's seems like an afterthought at best, because unless Don Thousand knew she could summon Crystal Zero, him giving her No.103 was a pre-emptive strike on her soul. Considering she had a pure enough heart to sacrifice herself to purify Abyss Splash, she certainly would have ended up in the Astral World, which he was opposed.

Nasch stated that Don Thousand DIDN'T manipulate his own memories. He chose to become a Barian because his friends and comrades were in the Barian World.

Yeah. The effects of the C10X combined is terrifyingly potent.

Nasch didn't really have any other ways of stopping Yuma's effects, and was pretty effective at neutralizing them. C107 locked Utopia's effect. C102 turned Utopia to 0, letting C103 try to burn Yuma for game, but he happened to have a damage negator that activates from the hand (C107 can't stop that). C106 negated the Continuous Effect of that same Trap. C105 destroyed Utopia (but burn is 0), and C104 negated the monster that Yuma tried to block with, halved his LP, and discarded a card. By luck, he hit Rainbow Kuriboh, which blocked, although if hit something else, Yuma could use Rainbow's effect to stop the attack anyway.

Despite the overwhelming nature of CXyz Barian, and how Nasch's strategies revolve around the C10X to absurd extent, it's not nearly as ass-pully as the Don Thousand Duel, because of how Shark/Nasch has always played. Each combo piece moves almost naturally to the next, and while individually they seem ridiculously conditional, you realize quickly that all Nasch really needed to start his huge combos off was RUM- The Seventh One.

Which he can draw/search at will.

I don't think there's anything else to reveal about the Barian lords' memories. Don Thousand said that he altered Durbe and Merag's memories, with Durbe's showing a scene where Reaper!Thousand had brainwashed Durbe's friends, as we had speculated anyway. Merag's seems like an afterthought at best, because unless Don Thousand knew she could summon Crystal Zero, him giving her No.103 was a pre-emptive strike on her soul. Considering she had a pure enough heart to sacrifice herself to purify Abyss Splash, she certainly would have ended up in the Astral World, which he was opposed.

Nasch stated that Don Thousand DIDN'T manipulate his own memories. He chose to become a Barian because his friends and comrades were in the Barian World.

CXyz Barian was really 6-in-1 package deal there but hell I even find him more realistic than Number C1000 and Ci1000 anytime. In this duel, it was interesting as it really felt like bonds vs bonds, Nasch obviously care for his marian companions very well and Yuma have his own friends and ppl to save too. Sure Yuma even wish to save Nasch and the others too but the chance of that may be pretty slim, not completely 0% though.   

Okay, now that I've slept and gotten over Glorious Seven, let me explain a bit of what happened in that episode, what with The Door showing up again.

The Door said something along the lines of "The most important thing will be lost", at which point Yuma realizes that the Door was talking about Yuma's confidence as a duelist, and thinks that beating Shark would make him lose that confidence. So, he uses his ZeXaL card's effect to let Hope use Moon Barrier on itself, to which Shark responds with Glorious Seven, showing that Yuma actually would have lost if he went through with the battle. But since Yuma chose to not fight, Glorious Seven backfires and sets Shark's LP to 0.

So Yuma won by choosing to not fight.

Okay, now that I've slept and gotten over Glorious Seven, let me explain a bit of what happened in that episode, what with The Door showing up again.

The Door said something along the lines of "The most important thing will be lost", at which point Yuma realizes that the Door was talking about Yuma's confidence as a duelist, and thinks that beating Shark would make him lose that confidence. So, he uses his ZeXaL card's effect to let Hope use Moon Barrier on itself, to which Shark responds with Glorious Seven, showing that Yuma actually would have lost if he went through with the battle. But since Yuma chose to not fight, Glorious Seven backfires and sets Shark's LP to 0.

So Yuma won by choosing to not fight.

Which I realized upon seeing Glorius Seven's effect. That made the whole thing much more deliciously ironic to me.

Archived