Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lie_down__try_not_to_cry__cry_a_lot_comb

This was just not a day for me to have the feels. It was an epic duel, and it was much alleviating to see reminiscence of their past duels, especially after a a past BS x10 duel. Even though it was trite to have Shark lose due to his own effect, Koko's explanation with the Door and Glorious Seven makes much more sense. IN a way the writers did well in executing the motif of never losing confidence in yourself when your friends are down and so is your state of being.

So I think what happens now...with the fighting over, Nasch in his last moments decides to allow Yuma and Astral to be the ones who deserved to wield the Numeron Code for good and determine the fate of all worlds. And because of this resetting the souls that were taken from Yuma's friends now return to the Human World to keep balance. And now after this war has settled between the worlds, the Code appears, and now knowing the Barian World will be in peace, Astral and Yuma must do the the ceremonial duel...and it looks like this duel is one worth watching.

Come on Zexal, end it with a good bang!

It also occurred to me that there was bonus symbolism behind Draw Reset Battle. At first glance, the card is stupid, since if you don't use your drawn card that turn, you auto-lose, and it can only be used during the opponent's turn. This is less of a problem when you remember Nasch can draw cards at will, such as Glorious Seven, which can be played during the opponent's turn.

It was something of a test of Yuma's willpower. If Yuma aimed solely for victory, then Glorious Seven would almost certainly turn that effort against him, and cause a loss (which it nearly did). Astral seemed a bit put-out with the fact Yuma cancelled the Zexal, so I'm betting Astral would have gone through with the attack and lost to Nasch. If Yuma backed out entirely and chose not to use his card in the hopes of a draw as a sign that the two worlds can co-exist, then Nasch could either use Seven and result in a win (since Yuma didn't use his card), or accept the Draw. If the former, it could be a sign that Yuma is too weak-willed to have the Numeron Code, or simply that the Barians' wishes are stronger.

Glorious in itself is just amazing symbolism that's pretty obvious.

One thing that really summed up my feelings about Nasch, as derived from a friend of mine.

I understand that Nasch's death was supposed to be some super-emotional event, filled with tears and emotional speeches and Yuma screaming people's names at the top of his lungs, as is his tradition. I get that that's what they were going for, I really do, but... I just don't care. Honestly, I don't. Nasch was a poorly-handled character from start to finish, with only his dubious status as a 'main character' keeping him in the spotlight, thus shoving other more interesting characters like Alit, Gilag, Durbe, and Merag (especially Merag) into the background. There's several reasons for this. Firstly, he's been through no less than six different signature monsters in his time (17, BRL, 32, 73, 101, Barian), not counting his manga counterpart, which can be very jarring. Secondly, his 'grand revelation' of being a Barian was slapdash and contrived, with the writers spending the prior few Episodes shoving backstory in our faces and trying to say "It's believable! Honest!" Thirdly, he's 'died' twice already; why should this death have any significance? I mean, he's basically purple-alien-Jesus with extra lives and bad hair. Fourthly, as stated above, his omnipresence takes screentime away from characters we actually care about. Fifthly, he's a terrible leader and a terrible person. At the point where he joins the Barians, he knows that the Barians will listen to his orders. He also knows Yuma and Astral, and knows that they don't particularly want to destroy the Barian World. Hell, even the Astral World has changed its stance, so they'll comply with whatever Yuma decides to do. At that point, Nasch could've stopped the war then and there. But instead, he chooses to go on the offensive and risks the safety of the people in his world for no reason. The same thing happens after Don Thousand is defeated; Nasch could've cooperated with Yuma and Astral right then and there to end the war, and use the power of the Numeron Code to revive everyone, fix everything, and maybe set up some barriers between the Astral and Barian World to prevent them fighting again. But no... he wants the power of the Numeron Code all to himself, so he starts a pointless duel with the purpose of eliminating the only human and Astralian who might be willing to cooperate with him, just so he can get complete control of the Code, the greedy so and so. Oh, and sixthly, the Numeron Code can just revive him like everyone else, so this 'death' has no meaning.

One thing that really summed up my feelings about Nasch, as derived from a friend of mine.

Oh umm..... I haven't been complaining about the show for a while but... I don't think I can really disagree with that post.

I can see foreshadowing on his Barian nature since Tron did see something back then, but that'd still leave the question of why Tron would be able to see something that the other Barians themselves couldn't.

If Astral has all the Numbers...that would mean Yuma has no way of destroying them unless he uses the to his advantage or he simply pops/bounces them due to the "Can only be destroyed b battle with other Numbers" clause. Maybe Astral is lenient to share some Numbers, but I dunno how they are going to cover that. But if Yuma is that confident, I dunno what to expect honestly.

I'm curious on something.

Is it that Astral is not completely agreeing with the way Yuma wants to use the code?

That'd mean Shark's doubts were spot on about not trusting Astral into the use of the code.

What's their reason to fight this time?

I'm curious on something.

Is it that Astral is not completely agreeing with the way Yuma wants to use the code?

That'd mean Shark's doubts were spot on about not trusting Astral into the use of the code.

What's their reason to fight this time?

Well basically Astral's mission was to destroy the Barian World and help obtain the Numeron Code. But obviously now that can't happen cause now that Don Thousand is history and the Barian Emperors were all good down in their hearts. There's likely something missing we don't know because I do feel there's a wager in this duel, and Astral could be the only one to technically activate the Code. There would probably be something to clear up Yuma's resolve, as well as ZeXal in general too.

Well basically Astral's mission was to destroy the Barian World and help obtain the Numeron Code. But obviously now that can't happen cause now that Don Thousand is history and the Barian Emperors were all good down in their hearts. There's likely something missing we don't know because I do feel there's a wager in this duel, and Astral could be the only one to technically activate the Code. There would probably be something to clear up Yuma's resolve, as well as ZeXal in general too.

I look at the code as I do Legend of Zelda's Tri-force. Whoever touches it gets the golden power. I wouldn't think Don Thousand would attempt to get his hands on it otherwise, but yeah, something else is missing.

EDIT: Oh scratch that...there's an extra episode to go after looking at the episode list. Ummm no idea what'd happen there...

Sunday marks... the beginning... of the end.

So next episode is the end of this series huh? It feels strange.

What exactly was the door?

They seem to be laughing next episode. Guess this is like the Yugi/Jaden duel, except for the universe creation code as a prize... you know, just a casual duel.

They seem to be laughing next episode. Guess this is like the Yugi/Jaden duel, except for the universe creation code as a prize... you know, just a casual duel.

Yup, a casual duel totally fits the situation.

Astral: I'm serious about this Yuma, let's have a casual duel!

Yuma: (Also serious) Sure thing Astral!

I'm curious about the dialogue at the beginning though.

Also, it's nice to see Gagaga Gunman next week, and we haven't seen that since the battle royal in episode 85

I'm a little confused over the beginning dialogue within the key...we know Yuma and Astral were talking about Astral's intended mission and the fact that now everything is back to normal. I guess it some ways it's a casual duel, but I guess with Kazuma looking over, this is Yuma's coming-of-age thing. He's definitely looked more mature and strong, especially in the ending theme with his broad shoulders. It should come to him he shouldn't be afraid anymore and go along  friends he has to spread on Kattobingu.

Well ever since the beginning of the Barian invasion, they pretty much got lazier as to legitimately Xyz summoning monsters. But it would be cool to add some toned down Utopia support from the this episode or the past, including Beyond the Hope and others. I'm unsure about the 10x and Barian King of Wishes counterpart but I think that will be handled differently.

And from the aspects of the duel, Focus Force seemed completely random and pointless since it didn't matter at all what Rank it had to be; as long as Beyond the Hope banished the Xyz you can simply summon Utopia back. Maybe something more symbolic was nice? And a lot of Astral's spells had a sort of "Dark" presence surrounding it. Not really sure what that means either but that seems more symbolic. Utopia One, Shark Drake, and Cowboy do make a return next episode (that's quite nice).

And the next preview according to le Wiki says a serious condition will be revealed upon between the 2. I got a lot of faith in this duel; I can't wait for next week.

Utopia Roots, Shark Drake, and Cowboy do make a return next episode (that's quite nice).

Fix'd

I'm not surprised that we're seeing Utopia Roots next week given that Astral summoned the other Utopias, and I had a feeeling we'd see Shark Drake again,, and I'm glad Yuma is using Cowboy,  as it's one of his better non-Numbers.

[spoiler=My reaction]

Don: Okay, people. The bad guys are dead. All the good guys can come back to life. Thanks for your contribution to making this story arc appear more serious than it really wa-hey, Kaito. Show's over. Get up.

Kaito: ...

Don: Kaito, you can stop being dead now.

Don: Kaito, get up, that final duel no one cares about is coming up next.

Don: SWEET FANCY MOSES! SOMEONE WAKE UP TIARA-HEAD BEFORE ARC-V-

Rob: Don, Don! He's dead.

Don: I know he's dead. And now, it's time to stop being dead, so-

Rob: No, I mean he really died. For real. Dead real.

Don: What?

Rob: You see, we like to bring back major characters for later arcs so we have free targets to kill off to give the viewers a false impression of a mature story, then they "get better" at the end of the story. Our longtime fans know how predictable we are, so we had to make Kaito as dead as dead can be dead by having him die in space to "natural" causes instead of some "Shadow Realm" hooey. We even gave him a montage of clips during the end credits. We were dead serious about assuring our loyal viewers that Kaito is dead.

Don: So...he isn't getting up?

Rob: A very dead no.

Don: And, you couldn't off these other guys, too?

Rob: We could have, but no cares about...uhh...that fat kid...or...uhh...the Milhouse-looking thing over there.

Don: Huh...

Rob: Hey, if it upsets you that much, 4Kids is dead set on making sure-hey, where are you going?

[/spoiler]

This episode so far has been pretty good. I'm not sure about the dialogue, but I got the vibe that Astral still plans to destroy the Barian World out of necessity, and Yuma is opposed to it. There's also the very strong implication that the Numeron Code can revive Kaito, but perhaps its usage is limited in some way, like it can only rewrite certain aspects.

I also got the vibe that memories in some way are at stake, similar to how Eliphas' condition against Yuma was that if Yuma lost, not only would Astral be "reset", but Yuma will lose his memories of Astral.

I'm curious about Hope Roots' return. I wondered for a bit if YUMA has that card, since it was his solo Shining Draw that created Numeron Falling (which may be symbolic of destroying the Numeron Code, rather than using it), and that it's a "Number 39", which could actually be separate from Astral's version. However, it looked like it was on Astral's side of the Field, and Numeron Falling works specifically on a Utopia you control.

Curious about No.32's form being seen as well.

I'm a bit disappointed on one thing. I was convinced Yuma's last Set card was going to be Gagagaback, considering how his other cards were defensive swarming, but since he took the direct attack from C39- V, he no longer has the LP to spare to revive his 3 monsters.

Archived