Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

The preview at the end of 30 showed a Numbers being taken, seemingly from Yuma, though I didn't see which. I think I caught "17", but it seems as if Volcasaurus will be showing up, so I don't know.

Seriously, if he finally uses a different Numbers, only to[b][i]lose [/i][/b]it... >.>

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, dear ZONE, what was with this episode?!?
A duel where you have to eat VEGETABLES TO ATTACK?!?
What kind of idio- Oh. I just answered my own question.
Well, for Yuma, at least.
WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 4 PEOPLE HE DEFEATED?!?
Does this fattie (which shouldn't be fat if he eats veggies, you think) honestly insult people into accepting his ludicrous dueling conditions?!?

The only thing I noticed in the preview was Charlie getting Number 7, and Number 61 being swept from Yuma's Extra Deck into the sky by wind or something. That's why I think he either loses it after the duel, or just before it, so that he can get it back before Astral dies from Number withdrawal.

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1320724213' post='5625642']
So wait, what's this about Astral's Number addiction? I haven't been following for the past few days, and I'm just catching up now.
[/quote]

I was referring to how Astral is supposed to die if he loses all the Numbers. Like when Tokunosuke took Number 39 and 17, Astral got all sphere-locked until Yuma [s]read the Egyptian chant[/s] got them back.

My prediction based on the preview for episode 31, which shows Number 61 being blown out of Yuma's Extra Deck into the sky, plus the preview implying Charlie OTKs Yuma with Number 7, led me to thinking that Yuma loses the duel, and his Numbers, but recovers Number 61 before Astral dies (from Number withdrawal...because he doesn't have them anymore).

Either way, it's too random for Number 61 to be blown out of the Extra Deck for it not to be important somehow.

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1320723809' post='5625627']
They decided to not even let the vegetable guy use Black Corn becuase he's only addicted to tomatoes.
Ugh... >.>
[/quote]
no, the reason why they decided to not let the vegetable guy use Black Corn is because Captain Corn is the holder of Black Corn in the Manga

[quote name='Clear Vice Dragon' timestamp='1320739145' post='5625880']
Which would still mean that Yuma would use something else than Leviathan and Utopia.
What he would have left would be those musician Xyz's, Tiragon and Volcasaurus. And volcasaurus is the [s]only[/s] best way to deal with Number 7.
[/quote]

Yuma using Volcasaurus would make me watch the anime.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1320739842' post='5625885']
I think I just found Badass's Law.

"Episodes featuring Shark and/or Kaito are NEVER fillers."

And well, Charlie ep includes both. :3
[/quote]

It does? How do you know that?

And of course. Every episode with either of them has been awesome, even if the episode didn't really feature them.

1- Shark is epic, Number 17 is badass as hell.
2- Same as above.
10- Shark crushes Yuma in the rematch, plus Black Ray Lancer.
11/12- Good duel, Number 61 appears.
13/14- *squee* Kaito!
17/18- While Kaito himself doesn't actually appear until the end of 18, Jin was epic, as were his Numbers, and I absolutely LOVE the scene where Kaito confronts Jin (this scene started my Kaito avatar trend).
22- Kaito vs Shark. That is all.
23/24- Best episodes in series.

Although 25 and 26 were meh and Kaito and Shark did appear, but those episodes were plot transitions, so we can excuse them.

Well, I always was fascinated by his character, before he even debuted. I used to love Shark, but then Kaito showed up and was just too awesome.

But I always was interested in him from the first opening, partly because, as I've repeatedly noted, he was the only non-protagonist to appear more than once. And come on, look at some of the highlights, before even knowing his character.

- Outfit is cool
- His Duel Disk is blade shaped.
- He was originally known as "Soul Hunter".

[quote name='-Venser el Transeúnte-' timestamp='1320760575' post='5626022']
Why didn't Hisako Summoned Tomato King 1 Turn earlier...he could have won the duel right away...O_O

Writers ARE Really Dumb
[/quote]

I didn't notice your comment before.

The duel was stupid. The writers made Yuma forfeit 2 attacks because he didn't want to eat a vegetable. I can give him a pass for the first time, but the second time made him waste Blustering Winds (or whatever its name is), so that was just stupid and made him look like a complete imbecile. He was about to skip his attack AGAIN the third time.

And yeah, before Kaito's was revealed, he was known as Soul Hunter. I actually read back to some of the earlier pages in this thread and recalled that I and a few others called him as such until sometime between episode 13 and 14.

I think in the manga, he was more soul-oriented than in the anime, although of course he was still after Numbers. But I actually like the title of Numbers Hunter, too.

[quote name='Reina Soho' timestamp='1320765904' post='5626101']
Why did we need all of this pointless filler?
If the tournament was to get Numbers users, why couldn't Yuma just get some new Numbers?
They need to fill in 100 of those guys. Missed opportunity much?
And why did Yuma accept to a Vegetable Death Match?
[/quote]

1) Because the writers needed time to think of good episodes.
2) They didn't want to make every episode plot-important?
3) Not really. Kaito has at least 12 Numbers, so combined, Yuma and Kaito have at least 22, and they're introducing a new faction of Numbers Hunters.
4) I was under the impression Veggie Guy made the rule after he accepted the duel, and those two overseers said it was a perfectly legit way to shake up the match, and implied that the alternative was to forfeit. I don't actually KNOW, since I don't know Japanese that well, but that's my IMPRESSION.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1320766761' post='5626118']
Honestly, I'm applauding the latest episode, somewhat.

It's hilarious how they mocked Plants/FTKs/the TCG Exclusives
[/quote]

I personally preferred when other series did the social commentary via a duel.

- GX and netdecking (Dimitri)
- 5Ds and Synchros being controversial game breakers (The Machine Emperors).

Those at least seemed deliberate. This just wasn't interesting, although viewing it in that light was marginally better. The difference is they should have played the theme completely seriously, instead of distracting from it with the "Vegetable Death Match".

Actually, I assumed with the Death Match, that the strategy would do something to force Yuma to attack a LOT, forcing him to eat lots of veggies. Not "Eat a veggie or you can't attack" followed by Yuma refusing to eat for 2 turns and nearly costing him the duel.

Archived