Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1320803175' post='5627459']
Does this mean Yuma's out of the Tournament?
[/quote]
of course not,
1 ) Yuma won that duel, that summary was how it would've gone if "the writers weren't such n00bs"
2 ) he had 3 Heart Pieces prior, and wouldn't have bet them all on 1 duel, unless he was 'that' stupid

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, if we're lucky, there won't be any filler episodes for a while.

I'm usually pretty lenient with my labeling of a filler episode. Like Season only had episode 21 as a true filler (although I considered episode 9 one for a while). Episode 19 was backstory, and 25 was an arc transition episode, so they squeeze by.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1320876848' post='5629031']
Yeah, if we're lucky, there won't be any filler episodes for a while.

I'm usually pretty lenient with my labeling of a filler episode. Like Season only had episode 21 as a true filler (although I considered episode 9 one for a while). Episode 19 was backstory, and 25 was an arc transition episode, so they squeeze by.
[/quote]

Dunno, I consider those "transition episodes" to be rather meaningless.
If someone doesn't know the show and randomly found it on TV, I don't think reviews count as good hangers.
If someone already knows the show and finds the episode, odds are that the watcher already knows everything that was explained in there.
If someone wants to recurr to a certain moment, it's usually best to rely on the actual episode for memory refreshment rather than on the preview of the episode.
If the show needs more time to prepare for upcoming episodes, one week delay is acceptable.

Don't get me wrong, I HATE transition or flashback episodes. I just don't give them the honor of being called "filler" because filler implies the episode actually pretended to be necessary, while transition or summary episodes blatantly just rehash what happened already.

Episode 21 was filler. Episode 25 was an arc conclusion. 5Ds did the same thing with their arc conclusion episodes.

It doesn't mean much, but I just realised with Itchy Rythim and these other 2 music Xyzs, Yuma's Extra Deck has 15 cards
10 Numbers
1 Chaos Number
1 Baby Tirgaon
3 Musical Xyzs

Not that Yuma's probably ever going to use Number 7 Lucky Stripe, but would Astral simply hold onto the other Numbers? On a side note, since it looks like Volca is finally going to reappear, which Number should return next?

Also, something nobody has really brought up yet is that Charlie knows Yuma dad and sister, but how?

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1320764801' post='5626072']I'll classify myself as a fanboy. It's kind of getting hard to deny, considering my open love of Galaxy-Eyes and my tendency to use Kaito avatars.
[/quote]

Hey everyone look at me! I'm Tenjo Kaito. I have a Photon fetish and I sound like Brock from Pokemon. SCREW THE RULES! I'm in love with Nurse Joy.

Apologies for me being behind with the following comment. I've been avoiding this thread like the plague whilst waiting for gogoanime to get subs up. And waiting... and waiting... and finally giving up and finding subs elsewhere.

Anyway I was looking forward so much to Anna vs Yuma, but now that I've watched the episode...

What. The. f***.

Just utterly stupid and confusing from start to last.

First of, the HP Yuma won of Shobee is worthless. Oh fantastic, so that means we need an extra filler duel for Yuma to win through.

The pre-duel setup was idiotic on Yuma's part. "Some crazy girl is chasing us on a flying cannon. I know where we can hide... on top of a really tall building..."

Anna putting in the "Yuma will be mine" stipulation kills any chance of him losing before the duel even started (which if you remember I predicted he would to Anna, hence my not being here).

Anna's cards were ridiculous, although weirdly I do want to see her duel with them again as her style was - like Astral said - intriguingly bizarre. Don't want to see them published ever but still. Yuma's new cards were fail. Overlay Buster wtf? And these random music cards from nowhere. I just want an explanation. Doesn't matter what or why, just some explanation as to where he got them from, since he made such a deal of not having any. I get the whole Anti-Numbers effects and the not using Numbers against people without Numbers, and thank god he's not using Hope every duel now, but come on; Is the occasional use of Shock Ruler, Volcasaurus, Big Eye or Armoured Ninja too much to ask for?

Think Astral said something that made me think for a moment it was going to end as a draw, and when Yuma activated Mirror Mail really thought it would be. Amazingly thunderstruck he won. A draw would have been awesome. Yuma didn't need to win, just avoid losing. A draw would have really put Anna over as a powerful duelist, since we are all assuming she will return and be semi-important in the future, and it would have been a nicer conclusion if Recklessness had taken them both out in my opinion. But no, we must have Yuma running over everyone with flukey wins, so stupid OTK victory.

The whole mixed up with names thing at the end was a really stupid conclusion. Yuma and her real crush looked nothing remotely alike, so what if their names were similar.

The only saving grace of the episode was Anna. She was totally different to all YGO girls before her with her attitude; a scrapper who is slightly psychotic and also has normal feelings, want to see her return soon (nothing to do with her frankly disturbingly large breasts for a thirteen year old, honestly what's wrong with Japanese cartoonists?)

Majorly disappointed, and I have episode 30 to muddle through tomorrow. Deep joy.

Hopefully ep 31 onwards will be a return to some level of decent viewing.

[quote name='Verz Bahamut' timestamp='1321131618' post='5635441']
Apologies for me being behind with the following comment. I've been avoiding this thread like the plague whilst waiting for gogoanime to get subs up. And waiting... and waiting... and finally giving up and finding subs elsewhere.

Anyway I was looking forward so much to Anna vs Yuma, but now that I've watched the episode...

What. The. f***.

Just utterly stupid and confusing from start to last.

First of, the HP Yuma won of Shobee is worthless. Oh fantastic, so that means we need an extra filler duel for Yuma to win through.

The pre-duel setup was idiotic on Yuma's part. "Some crazy girl is chasing us on a flying cannon. I know where we can hide... on top of a really tall building..."

Anna putting in the "Yuma will be mine" stipulation kills any chance of him losing before the duel even started (which if you remember I predicted he would to Anna, hence my not being here).

Anna's cards were ridiculous, although weirdly I do want to see her duel with them again as her style was - like Astral said - intriguingly bizarre. Don't want to see them published ever but still. Yuma's new cards were fail. Overlay Buster wtf? And these random music cards from nowhere. I just want an explanation. Doesn't matter what or why, just some explanation as to where he got them from, since he made such a deal of not having any. I get the whole Anti-Numbers effects and the not using Numbers against people without Numbers, and thank god he's not using Hope every duel now, but come on; Is the occasional use of Shock Ruler, Volcasaurus, Big Eye or Armoured Ninja too much to ask for?

Think Astral said something that made me think for a moment it was going to end as a draw, and when Yuma activated Mirror Mail really thought it would be. Amazingly thunderstruck he won. A draw would have been awesome. Yuma didn't need to win, just avoid losing. A draw would have really put Anna over as a powerful duelist, since we are all assuming she will return and be semi-important in the future, and it would have been a nicer conclusion if Recklessness had taken them both out in my opinion. But no, we must have Yuma running over everyone with flukey wins, so stupid OTK victory.

The whole mixed up with names thing at the end was a really stupid conclusion. Yuma and her real crush looked nothing remotely alike, so what if their names were similar.

The only saving grace of the episode was Anna. She was totally different to all YGO girls before her with her attitude; a scrapper who is slightly psychotic and also has normal feelings, want to see her return soon (nothing to do with her frankly disturbingly large breasts for a thirteen year old, honestly what's wrong with Japanese cartoonists?)

Majorly disappointed, and I have episode 30 to muddle through tomorrow. Deep joy.

Hopefully ep 31 onwards will be a return to some level of decent viewing.
[/quote]

Great comment.
Except I wouldn't like to see her duel again if it'll turn out just as stupid as this duel.
She was pretty much forced into the story if you think about it. The writers weren't capable of introducing her in a better way, and after it was all a retarded misunderstanding, she is still going to be around? O_o
There must be some kind of demand for this type of character or something.... I'm not too pleased with the harem idea actually...

Well, now that she is there, the writers better find a way to give relevance to all characters in the main crew, unlike in 5ds where the twins never really achieved anything on their own and Aki became an amateur cheerleader.

I'm still trying to find out where the Music crap came from too. Best guess is the lodge, but they never showed these till S2, and WHY THE HELL WOULD YAMIKAWA WANT TO STEAL THESE?

31 and onwards should be fine, as I think Charlie, IV and hell yes Volcasaurus should bring the show back into focus.

[quote name='~Applejack~' timestamp='1321132313' post='5635483']
Great comment.
Except I wouldn't like to see her duel again if it'll turn out just as stupid as this duel.
She was pretty much forced into the story if you think about it. The writers weren't capable of introducing her in a better way, and after it was all a retarded misunderstanding, she is still going to be around? O_o
There must be some kind of demand for this type of character or something.... I'm not too pleased with the harem idea actually...

Well, now that she is there, the writers better find a way to give relevance to all characters in the main crew, unlike in 5ds where the twins never really achieved anything on their own and Aki became an amateur cheerleader.
[/quote]

Thank you, I do my best.

I like her style being 'Runaway/Reckless' like she and Astral said, it just suits her. Roaring Arrow Express made it a bit wtf the way it was summoned of the bat so easily, but I guess the cost supports the above statement.

I'm not a fan of having three girls fight over one (young) boy, but I just like Anna because shes totally different to Kotori and Cathy (and I like Kotori and Cathy). The spisode was all very silly in the end, but hopefully they'll go somewhere with her.

I despised the way Akiza went from badass chick to a cheerleader. Absolutely despised it. :angry:

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1321132555' post='5635498']
I'm still trying to find out where the Music crap came from too. Best guess is the lodge, but they never showed these till S2, and WHY THE HELL WOULD YAMIKAWA WANT TO STEAL THESE?

31 and onwards should be fine, as I think Charlie, IV and hell yes Volcasaurus should bring the show back into focus.
[/quote]

Also, I can't see the logic on having musical Xyz as treasures of a martial arts dojo. Especially when even a dropout lowly evil apprentice had a full fledged Ninja Deck.
At least without specifying so before bringing those musicians out.

They have enough filler episodes so, it would have been great if they took a chunk of time to explain.

[quote name='Verz Bahamut' timestamp='1321132764' post='5635505']
I despised the way Akiza went from badass chick to a cheerleader. Absolutely despised it. :angry:
[/quote]

Agreed. I blame Crow, if he had stayed a villian like they had planned, Aki wouldn't have become a side charecter. And Rua would have become a Signer quicker.

We might see Anna again. Since Kotori doesn't duel, I can see Anna mabye dueling Cathy at somepoint, in a case of "Winner gets the boy". Yuma would still be oblivious. I've been thinking, if all of Yuma's Numbers but Volcanasarus are taken, Astral would lose all the memories obtained from the other 9 Numbers as well? If we think back, Number 61 gave Astral of his homeworld being destroyed. Even if Charlie were to take the other Numbers, I doubt he would use any of them. I know this is EXTREEMLY farfetched, and is probably not going to happen, but..... What if.... Number 61 is the next Number to get a Chaos Form? Of course, all of this is just speculation and hopes. Also, I find it rather funny that the WDC was made so Kaito can hunt Numbers quicker, but we havn't even seen him yet, and Yuma's already confirmed to be dueling a mininum of 2 Numbers users.

I noticed something recently. In episode 25, the time stops and Kaito is investigating Astral's memories. However, it's notable that Yuma is capable of moving during this time, and no one else besides Kaito is. This seems rather unremarkable at first, because Kaito explained in episode 13 that only Numbers holders can move within that field.

Mr. Heartland is seen talking to Dr. Faker. And that's when I start to wonder.

It's not really clear where Dr. Faker is in relation to the city, and in fact may not even be in the same world, so he gets a pass. But Mr. Heartland is definitely within the area of the timestop, yet he is unhindered.

So does he have a Number(s) of his own? Or perhaps does he have 1 or more of Kaito's Numbers?

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1321134659' post='5635579']
Agreed. I blame Crow, if he had stayed a villian like they had planned, Aki wouldn't have become a side charecter. And Rua would have become a Signer quicker.

We might see Anna again. Since Kotori doesn't duel, I can see Anna mabye dueling Cathy at somepoint, in a case of "Winner gets the boy". Yuma would still be oblivious. I've been thinking, if all of Yuma's Numbers but Volcanasarus are taken, Astral would lose all the memories obtained from the other 9 Numbers as well? If we think back, Number 61 gave Astral of his homeworld being destroyed. Even if Charlie were to take the other Numbers, I doubt he would use any of them. I know this is EXTREEMLY farfetched, and is probably not going to happen, but..... What if.... Number 61 is the next Number to get a Chaos Form? Of course, all of this is just speculation and hopes. Also, I find it rather funny that the WDC was made so Kaito can hunt Numbers quicker, but we havn't even seen him yet, and Yuma's already confirmed to be dueling a mininum of 2 Numbers users.
[/quote]
Crow was planned to villain?

And hopefully Kotori does end up dueling at some point, though it really doesn't seem she will. I'm just glad that Tetsuo and Takashi get to be in an actual duel, cause up til now it's been all about Yuma. (All the games his friends have been in have not been shown, just had Yuma getting owned shown [he's so bad he get's taken down by a DA by a 0 ATKer, lol], and even in the case of Tetsuo/Black Mist, it was focusing on both of them.

As much as I love Kotori, I have no real clue as to why she's even there. All she really does is cheer from the sidelines, and the only thing she's ever really done for the plot is give an excuse to introduce Cathy.

Regarding Anna, she should fill a gap in that Zexal doesn't have a predominant female duelist yet given Kotori doesn't duel and Cathy does so only rarely. Given Astrals comments, I think she will eventually return.

Regarding cheerleaders, I hated that role for Akiza (damn Crow) and I hope Kotori will eventually contribute more to the story than just 'Come on Yuma, blush'. It would make a nice storyline if she became a duelist to protect him, although the obvious problem is, as proved by Black Mist episode, she and Tetsuo couldn't handle Numbers. Which is why its all Yuma for the most part of the story anyway, but why he has to be the sole focus of all this filler is beyond me.

Interesting Note that I might have raised before: Yusei used 15 (of his own) Fusion and Synchro monsters in 150+ episodes of 5D's. When Yuma acquires Lucky Stripe (at the second attempt it would seem) he will have 16 Xyz monsters. Yet he will have only used half of them (and thats with a ropey inclusion of Black Mist which we'll never see again.)

On that note: Calling it now: Yuma to beat Charlie (on the second attempt) using 'Lead Singer Lalalala'.

Archived