Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1321189239' post='5637162']
Except Charlie is a Numbers user, so Yuma'll [i]have [/i]to use Numbers and not some stupid musical crap.

And Tetsuo showed that he can shake off the Numbers' control when he used Hope, iirc.
[/quote]

This is true, however I think the Emperor's Key had something to do with it. Same thing with Shark when he took control of Kaito's Acid Golem, however, Shark could have also just built up an immunity after Revise possessed him or something.

As I recall, Shark had no trouble with Acid Golem, so I think he probably did build some natural resistance to the possession after Leviath. However, while the Emperor's Key probably increases one's resistance, I don't think it's foolproof, as I think Tetsuo did struggle a bit at the start.

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1321192138' post='5637238']
As I recall, Shark had no trouble with Acid Golem, so I think he probably did build some natural resistance to the possession after Leviath. However, while the Emperor's Key probably increases one's resistance, I don't think it's foolproof, as I think Tetsuo did struggle a bit at the start.
[/quote]

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1321200757' post='5637480']
When Shark took Acid Golem, the "30" appeared on his hand, and he started breathing more heavily. It didn't last long, but in Tetsuo's case, he visibly shook off the effects, whereas Shark inexplicably wasn't affected much longer.
[/quote]

Tetsuo had Yuma's key at the time which I presumed protected Numbers users, given how also within seconds of Yuma losing it Astral got possessed. As for Shark, he was visibly strained for a few minutes when he got hold of Acid Golem. I would have said it had a lesser effect as he was temporarily controlling Kaito's card, but Tokunosuke (or Flip as he is now known) kinda ruins that argument. Yeah, plotholes.

Also, whilst we're on the subject, I found this. It amused me.

[spoiler=Yugioh's Lead Females][center]
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/tumblrlg65maxm571qg0kh7.jpg/][IMG]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9901/tumblrlg65maxm571qg0kh7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/center][/spoiler]

It's unfair, but still amused me. Gotta love the Tomato Paradise Dream Girl!!!

Expelsword: Good points.

My obsession for Akiza is unhealthy *Really should but effort into finding a special real person now*

Anyway, this might have been done at the end of the first season, but since we'll be back to some sort of important overall storyline with episode 31 with Numbers and real bad guys and marching forward with the actual main story, I just thought now might be a good time to have a little think about what's been good and bad about Zexal so far. If we did this recently forgive and ignore me.

Personal highlights of Zexal:
- Very different to 5D's in terms of direction and audience, refreshing change of lead hero in Yuma.
- Astral, especially his observations.
- The Yuma/Shark 'using Numbers against those who don't have them' storyline was really good for several characters. I enjoyed that.
- Kaito, and lets not forget Haruto. I love him, although we've barely seen him yet in this season, because of...
- Multiple baddie factions who could end up facing each other, interesting to have various baddies who's motives are still relatively unknown

Personal Lowlights:
- Yuma's over-reactions, over-stupidity, over-silliness spoils his character, although granted younger target audience probably loves this.
- Takashi gets on my nerves. Still not overly enthused by Tetsuo. Hopefully they come across well in upcoming episodes.
- The duel lodge stuff was pretty corny.
- Amount of recent filler episodes, and the music anti-xyz cards randomness. Like that Yuma is winning using different cards and with some strategy, but I just want an explanation.

So yeah hit and miss so far.

Also, watched episode 30 (eventually got a working video). Very silly, but made me chuckle a few times. Glad filler is over now.

[quote name='Expelsword - 輝き' timestamp='1321206466' post='5637732']
There's no doubt that Shark is simply a stronger person than Tokunosuke and the number affected him less. Not to mention he was controling half the Numbers that Tokunosuke was.
[/quote]

As another possibility:

Shark was visibly possessed by Number 17 in episode 2, and he made a comment about how he felt invincible and impossible to be defeated. Yuma briefly snapped the possession by demanding to know whether Shark had given up on something in the past, hence his obsession with Yuma surrendering.

After the events of episode 12, Shark's personality has changed for the better and it is remarked he has become a better person. When he dueled Kaito, his motive was selfless: To protect Yuma's Key. When he took control of Acid Golem, the Number fought for control/to enhance his desires.

At this time, his desire is to win the duel, not for himself, but for someone else. Tetsuo was also dueling not for himself, but for Yuma. Thus the Numbers did not have any particular negative effect on them.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1321207673' post='5637778']
As another possibility:

Shark was visibly possessed by Number 17 in episode 2, and he made a comment about how he felt invincible and impossible to be defeated. Yuma briefly snapped the possession by demanding to know whether Shark had given up on something in the past, hence his obsession with Yuma surrendering.

After the events of episode 12, Shark's personality has changed for the better and it is remarked he has become a better person. When he dueled Kaito, his motive was selfless: To protect Yuma's Key. When he took control of Acid Golem, the Number fought for control/to enhance his desires.

At this time, his desire is to win the duel, not for himself, but for someone else. Tetsuo was also dueling not for himself, but for Yuma. Thus the Numbers did not have any particular negative effect on them.
[/quote]

Expanding on that.

Given Prof Uyko's actions where he was trying to create that Bugman thing in the sky, Astral said that Numbers enhance peoples desires, whatever they are. Not neccessarily make them evil.

Yuma's sense of fight and all things good is enhanced by Hope.

Shark originally want to crush him / was a bully, so his desires to defeat and humiliate him took over.

Kaio, his bro and the other criminals were criminals before getting Numbers, and Jin was already a looney.

Yamikawa's thirst for revenge was enhanced by his Number.

Best example of Numbers influence is Fuya. He wasn't possessed or bad at all, he was fighting to protect his 'mother'/Galaxy Queen and do justice.

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1321135374' post='5635626']
I wouldn't be suprised one bit if Mr. Heartland and Dr.Faker had at least 1 Number each. I would be suprised if Dr. Faker had some random Number. I can see him having 1, 99, or 100.
[/quote]

He probably holds onto numbers Kaito got. I assume the 15 cards in extra limit still applies to zexal.

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1321231929' post='5639194']
Not sure if anyone already state this (to lazy to check whole thread). But tomato guy looks like Chumley O.o but instead of koala obession its tomato obession. In which CHumley > random tomato guy
[/quote]

Yes, but Tetsuo is also the new Hayato.

>Both end in "o".
>Both are obese friends of the lead protagonist.

Only this time, where Hayato was bad, Tetuso is good, and where Judai was good (and/or had the devil's luck), Yuma is teribad and can't even play a Trap now without Astral telling him to.

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1321232943' post='5639252']
Yes, but Tetsuo is also the new Hayato.

>Both end in "o".
>Both are obese friends of the lead protagonist.

Only this time, where Hayato was bad, Tetuso is good, and where Judai was good (and/or had the devil's luck), Yuma is teribad and can't even play a Trap now without Astral telling him to.
[/quote]

i was going off appearances not the roles o.o and at least Chumley is good at making card designs. While Yuma well he can't do anything with someone backseat dueling <.<

I realized something here, though it may be a bit late. The arc transition episode (not sure what episode it was exactly) had those three glowy things in the sky while time was stopped. All three colors of those glowy things are the same colors of the three other antagonists' hand things. Do you think they have powers that allow them to stop time, similar to Kaito?

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1321246259' post='5640121']
I realized something here. The arc transition episode (not sure what episode it was exactly) had those three glowy things in the sky while time was stopped. All three colors of those glowy things are the same colors of the three other antagonists' hand things. Do you think they have powers that allow them to stop time, similar to Kaito?
[/quote]

Unlikely. Astral said one of them was from his world, and one was the natural sun. The third was probably from the Balian World, which is where Dr. Faker is implied to originate from.

Okay, now I've watched the episode. Few things of note.

[spoiler=Irrelevent stuff]
It seems Akari may have dated Charlie or something in the past.
Yuma talks to Shark, who mentions IV.
Kaito claims 2 more Numbers at once. We do not see what they are.
Charlie duels a guy who somehow brought out Thunder End Dragon, Daigusto Phoenix, and Kachi Kochi Dragon at once.
In the anime, when a single digit Number is Summoned, it has a "0" in front of it.
[spoiler=More important stuff]
Charlie somehow steals an entire deck worth of people's cards using the power of Number 7. Number 61 is not the only Number Yuma loses by this means. I saw Number 11: Big Eye as well, and it's possible he lost more.
Yuma did not duel Charlie in this episode. They duel in next week's.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Archived