Secret Society of Drill Hair Fetishes

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've recommended Zetsuen No Tempest multiple times to her even though it's ongoing.

A bit, yeah. But we all know it's shoujo, so nothing more than a bit.

I suppose so. Of course I wasn't scared at all but it's still a shoujo. Women and their crappy romance.

I can hardly get on FB at the right time, and Accel hardly comes on YCM, but when he does, it's only clubs. So yeah I'm trying to keep it alive. Yes, that is a reason.

This is why you're the co-host.

Aw c'mon, that anime was scary as Hell.

Aha no.

Don't watch Toradora if you're in it for the fighting. I'm sure you knew, though. It's funny enough and there is a huge focus of character development in very few characters, rather than all the main characters.

...Toradora has action? I was going in expecting comedy.

There's an overwhelming concentration of anime based on comedy or that have comedic tones in the around the people here. Probably our age groups and the forum we're on contributing to that. I don't really consciously like a genre in particular. I know I don't really like pure humor nor pure action. There are people who like those. It's actually hard for me to explain what I like most.

I do like the more eccentric characters, though. Maybe it's a sort of self-identification /narcissism.

Everybody likes eccentric characters more. They're simply more interesting.

Hey, I'm going to stop taking recommendations from this forum for a few days because I get nothing but Zetsuen no Tempest whatsoever. I thought Desperado already implied to tell me when it's over, unless it already is.

Take the hint.

Everybody likes eccentric characters more. They're simply more interesting.

Relevant.

ygIx4OB.gif

Well if we want to be fair I did also say Psycho Pass but yeah, I was gonna tell her when that finished too.

But yeah, looking at the Top 5 anime from the members here is a good way to look for something to watch.

Actually, I'd just go ahead with Psycho Pass now. It's biepisodic, so I think her enjoyment will be best watching bit by bit. Though with Psycho Pass, she could get away with marathoning it, whereas K-ON would be a chore.

Tempest, you can wait until it's done, but it's pretty fun tuning into it every week. It's the 2nd thing I watch every Thursday (first being Naruto, cuz I'm me).

Actually, I'd just go ahead with Psycho Pass now. It's biepisodic, so I think her enjoyment will be best watching bit by bit. Though with Psycho Pass, she could get away with marathoning it, whereas K-ON would be a chore.

Well Psycho Pass did start getting far more serious and crap ton of plot stuff going on. Not just somewhat relevant cases byt serious shi*t.

Tempest, you can wait until it's done, but it's pretty fun tuning into it every week. It's the 2nd thing I watch every Thursday (first being Naruto, cuz I'm me).

No, I see what you mean. It's one of those anime I seriously look forward to every week.

Oh, and Persona 4 The Animation I'd recommend. I know some who weren't into the Persona series until seeing it. And DNAngel is on my list for whatever reason.

If you looked closer I did give you two in case you already watched one or what other reason there may be, but they were both ongoing.

... I can't in the right mind even recommend something that isn't ongoing. ._.

I like Girls und Panzer, but the last 2 episodes are airing in March.

I'd also recommend Magi, Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo, and Shinsekai Yori, but they're still ongoing. ._.

Maybe uh... have you tried Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun? It's finished, and done really well.

[spoiler=for people who've watched it]It couldn't fit into my favorites though. Not even if I went into top 20 or 30. Looking back on it, I don't like how the whole "I love you." "I don't anymore." thing was done so much.[/spoiler]

Well, as Desu said, I suppose I could recommend my top 5, but they seem pretty watched. I know the tonight has already passed, though.

Most of the anime I watch are finished. It's only lately I've been watching ongoing series because of my friend really wanting me to watch them. That's why I watched Robotics;Notes, which I won't be angry for.

I'll just wait for Psycho Pass and Zetsuen no Tempest to be finished before watching them. It's a lot different from anything else I've seen lately, since most of what I've been watching is pretty much the same over again.

And Toradora doesn't have action besides one or two times in all the episodes. It doesn't really need action to feel intense at some situations. Especially that race. That was great.

I've started last spring really. I've begun to like watching stuff as they air more as it seems to feel more like I'm watching a TV, I mean they are still airing in Japan at least. I've been watching one ongoing thing for a really long while at least, though. I can't bring myself to watch Bleach subbed or stop watching it, and the dub hasn't gotten to 300 yet.

And it's kind of hard to find one you haven't watched, at least most of the time I can't think of one I'd think is good and you haven't watched.

But yeah, those 2 seem like good things to try when they're finished. I still need to try Psycho Pass. But I'm totally planning to. It's the one thing from fall I was interested in I didn't get around to.

Oh, and Persona 4 The Animation I'd recommend. I know some who weren't into the Persona series until seeing it. And DNAngel is on my list for whatever reason.

I still need to see P4 at some point, maybe after Steins;Gate and Robotic;Notes.

DNAngel was in my to-watch list, but I cleaned it out a little bit ago and I think I took out DNAngel since I didn't feel a need to watch it. I guess I'll decide after hearing your impression.

Maybe uh... have you tried Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun? It's finished, and done really well.

[spoiler=for people who've watched it]It couldn't fit into my favorites though. Not even if I went into top 20 or 30. Looking back on it, I don't like how the whole "I love you." "I don't anymore." thing was done so much.[/spoiler]

Well, as Desu said, I suppose I could recommend my top 5, but they seem pretty watched. I know the tonight has already passed, though.

Eh, the quirky characters, development, and interaction were too much for me to enjoy so I overlooked any ups and downs that might have gotten on my nerves otherwise. I love how unconventional it is.

I know the manga ended, I'm trying to figure out if there's enough material to animate for a 2nd season, or if I have to read the manga to get the completed story...

And Toradora doesn't have action besides one or two times in all the episodes. It doesn't really need action to feel intense at some situations. Especially that race. That was great.

That scene with her and the class president was intense.

Hell, a lot of scenes were intense in that anime. Such a good drama.

Again, wasn't actually expecting any action whatsoever yet was still interested. You know I loved Clannad and that only had one action scene in After Story (unless you want to count more offscreen soccer club beatdowns) yet I was never actually expecting one. Just too busy to check it out is my lame excuse.

I still need to see P4 at some point, maybe after Steins;Gate and Robotic;Notes.

I marathoned through Stein;Gate I believe Sophomore year. I think I might have also marathoned Clannad the same week. God, that was an amazing Winter Break.

DNAngel was in my to-watch list, but I cleaned it out a little bit ago and I think I took out DNAngel since I didn't feel a need to watch it. I guess I'll decide after hearing your impression.

It's more or less one of the first anime I've ever really watched subbed. Therefore, in my ten first probably. Kind of like Tokyo Majin so it's one of those things that got me way into anime. But wheras Tokyo Majin was probably more of my action lover side DNAngel was probably my first more emotional anime. I remember it actually having a relationship I really liked and felt had good build up. Kind of strayed from, "THIS IS A GIRL RIGHT HERE AND YOU LIKE HER SO HERE" and I still respect that. But then again, I was like 12 or 13 so maybe I'd think differently of it now. I really need to devote some good time (probably in the summer) to watching some of my older faves.

That scene with her and the class president was intense.

Hell, a lot of scenes were intense in that anime. Such a good drama.

Good to hear.

It's another anime I watched but not because Burnpsy also watched. He just recommended it to me. Anyway, it's actually not bad and it's short enough that you can watch it and enjoy yourself in the time you take to actually search for another anime you really want to watch. It's like the perfect bridge. The fighting is also pretty decent and it's funny enough. You may like it. It has been on my list for a long time but it seems underappreciated.

If you want to see the opening:

http://dailymotion.com/video/xlpun3_ben-to-opening_creation

I just started something I don't think anyone here has heard of. Or at least, if they have, I'd be very surprised, because I haven't really heard of it besides just randomly coming across it. Allison & Lillia's first episode was rather mellow, and I don't go looking for reviews, but there is one that is right on the myanimelist page that says it remains a good watch. I really like what I see so far, but I don't think I can watch more than a couple episodes at a time, it was pretty exhausting. 

Yep, never heard of it. Which isn't really surprising.

It's another anime I watched but not because Burnpsy also watched. He just recommended it to me. Anyway, it's actually not bad and it's short enough that you can watch it and enjoy yourself in the time you take to actually search for another anime you really want to watch. It's like the perfect bridge. The fighting is also pretty decent and it's funny enough. You may like it. It has been on my list for a long time but it seems underappreciated.

Yeah, I'll definitely try to check it out sometime.

Yeah, as I thought, it wasn't surprising that you didn't hear of it.

And yeah, I thought it was interesting when I first heard about it, but well, 

I'm kind of random when I choose my anime sometimes, so honestly, it doesn't have such a high chance of me watching it.

Archived