Secret Society of Drill Hair Fetishes

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if Kakashi would find it as scary as I do.

He was nearly pissing himself when watching Ghost Hunt. And Ghost Hunt isn't scary. Or at least it wasn't to me. I think a few of the others in this club were a bit scared.

A bit, yeah. But we all know it's shoujo, so nothing more than a bit.

Little Busters gets way better as time passes, fortunately. That first arc with annoying voice-chan...ugh. Now it's better.

I've never really understood that. I don't find anything wrong with that voice, and that made me love almost eevery single one of the characters before the anime even began. Well, I basically only heard the voice, I got to love the characters by reading as much of the several manga as I could. I just don't get Kurugaya. Well I do, I just don't like her that much.

This place is still alive?

I can hardly get on FB at the right time, and Accel hardly comes on YCM, but when he does, it's only clubs. So yeah I'm trying to keep it alive. Yes, that is a reason.

I suppose. If you're more scared of  ghosts. I didn't find it that scary cause I don't think that's the kind of thing I'm most scared of. Well, if done right perhaps but it's a shoujo. They tend to not be that scary for me even if it tries. I think.

Don't watch Toradora if you're in it for the fighting. I'm sure you knew, though. It's funny enough and there is a huge focus of character development in very few characters, rather than all the main characters.

Ghosts by themselves aren't really scary.

And Kurugaya is one of the best characters in Little Busters. A ton better and more original than that "cheery girl with the high-pitched voice (optional) who wants to help everybody with a slightly dark past."

Don't watch Toradora if you're in it for the fighting. I'm sure you knew, though. It's funny enough and there is a huge focus of character development in very few characters, rather than all the main characters.

Ghosts by themselves aren't really scary.

And Kurugaya is one of the best characters in Little Busters. A ton better and more original than that "cheery girl with the high-pitched voice (optional) who wants to help everybody with a slightly dark past."

Ugh, no. I would have agreed if I didn't find her less original. Frankly, I've seen her kind of character a lot as well, and it's never been something that I've found all that great.

And I will still never get how that voice is annoying, even if you say how it is. It's never felt that way for me with other characters either.

It's only her with the voice. Honestly, thinking Kurugaya's type of character is more common than the cheery girl who wants to help everybody. It's way less original. Kurugaya's character is based more in comedy than the other one who you can find across the board of genres, including horror.

There's an overwhelming concentration of anime based on comedy or that have comedic tones in the around the people here. Probably our age groups and the forum we're on contributing to that. I don't really consciously like a genre in particular. I know I don't really like pure humor nor pure action. There are people who like those. It's actually hard for me to explain what I like most.

I do like the more eccentric characters, though. Maybe it's a sort of self-identification /narcissism.

I feel the same way about pure stuff. Well, I can like them, but generally not nearly as much as others. One exception would be my favorite this season, Minami-ke. It's pure comedy for the most part (and slice-of-life). JoJo's Bizarre Adventure does a good job at balancing humor and action well (but weird), I've really been liking the new anime of that. The over the top action could also make it funnier, though the non-action humor would mostly be in Part 2 it seems. For me it's that I don't really consciously dislike a genre in particular. I may not be so fond of watching certain genres so much, but I generally do like what I see of it.

I'm not a big horror guy either. I'm determined to never see the Saw series or Human Centipede, for one thing. 

The one anime I've seen with horror is Another, I think. I liked it and felt a little crept out at certain points, but never full-blown scared.

Little Busters gets way better as time passes, fortunately. That first arc with annoying voice-chan...ugh. 

It does, though I'm 2 episodes behind right now.

And uh

You'll need to be more specific.

I'm referring to Komari. I don't really like her and find she looks a lot better with her hair down and left alone, rather than how she currently styles it. The episodes where it rains shows her with the longer hair. Besides her, I'm glad about the entirety of the Little Busters. Especially Kyousuke, Kurugaya and Haruka.

I've never actually seen horror besides Another and Shiki, either. I'll definitely look into more. I don't enjoy them in the sense I do YuruYuri or Gosick, but they invoke a much different sense of enjoyment. Being scared is a good feeling in this sense, even though nothing scares me whatsoever half the time. If I want something to scare me at all, I have to tell myself it's scary and that it can happen. It's almost like training my imagination. It also almost sounds like teaching oneself how to make a mask of what they feel. Sociopathy, here I come.

Why even the need to be specific? The only voice that gets complaints is Komari, or at least so much that I've never heard of anyone being bothered by the others. I don't find anything wrong with any of them, and there is a great chance that most of the target audience (Japan) only finds at most 1 or 2 annoying.

To be honest, Komari and 2 other girls' (1 with the hat and I forget the other one shutupit'sbeenafewweeks) voices kinda grate on my ears, but that's just me.

If I want something to scare me at all, I have to tell myself it's scary and that it can happen. It's almost like training my imagination. It also almost sounds like teaching oneself how to make a mask of what they feel. Sociopathy, here I come.

I actually did that before doing this haunted-walk thing at an amusement park this past Fall which lasted about 45 minutes.

And it worked.

Yay me?

[quote name="Kona Furugori" post="6143790" timestamp="1360881964"]You had to psychologically force yourself into fear? That's what I mean. Otherwise I'm not bothered at all.[/quote] Yeah, I thought it was going to be a haunted house thing, which it basically was, but it was in a giant maze outside and it lasted for 45 minutes, not 10. But the point of going to one is to be freaked out with your friends, which was why I let my guard down, but turns out I didn't need to. They were good enough. [quote name="Kureha" post="6143808" timestamp="1360883412"]Did anyone see my status? If they did well, I love J.C. Staff, but if it wasn't them doing Little Busters!,   ...               ...   It would have probably been my favorite anime. ._.[/quote] For real? I think Little Busters has a more likable cast, but it's not as deep as usual Key works. To me, it's developing all the wrong people >.>

For real? I think Little Busters has a more likable cast, but it's not as deep as usual Key works. To me, it's developing all the wrong people >.>

Anyone who has a route should get at least some, and the staff did mention they should be continuing, but I did hear some stuff about Kengo and Brosuke, I hope that gets done well. (when it continues)

What's your favorite anime otherwise?

It's on the front of the club, but Clannad.

Clannad was also good. It wasn't my favorite, but it was one of them the moment I finished it. It's really good to finish Clannad for somebody who participates in anime discussions because it's almost universally appreciated and referred to.

I don't actually know of Gosick is still my favorite anime, though. It was the most individuality my list had going for it as a favorite besides the list itself having Amagami SS and 11Eyes. I have such a mainstream list otherwise.

Anyone who has a route should get at least some, and the staff did mention they should be continuing, but I did hear some stuff about Kengo and Brosuke, I hope that gets done well. (when it continues)

Oh, was a 2nd season green-lit? I'd love to see that, plus it'd solve my minor problem of character development since they'll have more time to do so.

Clannad was also good. It wasn't my favorite, but it was one of them the moment I finished it. It's really good to finish Clannad for somebody who participates in anime discussions because it's almost universally appreciated and referred to.

I don't actually know of Gosick is still my favorite anime, though. It was the most individuality my list had going for it as a favorite besides the list itself having Amagami SS and 11Eyes. I have such a mainstream list otherwise.

When I made my Favorites list, I tried diversifying it with stuff that isn't in everyone else's lists, but I eventually just decided to be honest with myself. I simply have mainstream tastes, not my problem if someone else doesn't think much of it, you know?

And sure, people say mainstream animes are usually overrated, but there's a reason those animes got so popular to begin with. I kinda think mainstream anime tend to fall under more scrutiny because it attracts more viewers, hence the diversity in general opinions towards it.

If something's talked about a lot, I'd say at the very least it's worth checking out. And having good taste isn't just about having an unusual, unique list that's different from everyone else's. It's a reflection of what YOU enjoy, and it shouldn't be held up to a standard.

Oh, was a 2nd season green-lit? I'd love to see that, plus it'd solve my minor problem of character development since they'll have more time to do so.

When I made my Favorites list, I tried diversifying it with stuff that isn't in everyone else's lists, but I eventually just decided to be honest with myself. I simply have mainstream tastes, not my problem if someone else doesn't think much of it, you know?

And sure, people say mainstream animes are usually overrated, but there's a reason those animes got so popular to begin with. I kinda think mainstream anime tend to fall under more scrutiny because it attracts more viewers, hence the diversity in general opinions towards it.

If something's talked about a lot, I'd say at the very least it's worth checking out. And having good taste isn't just about having an unusual, unique list that's different from everyone else's. It's a reflection of what YOU enjoy, and it shouldn't be held up to a standard.

Yeah, they do plan to, at least. Especially good considering the VN is just about as long as Clannad's, and with Ecstasy, probably longer, It'd need it.

And yeah, completely agree, is all I can say.

Zetsuen no Tempest was amazing again. Episode 18 had just talking for almost half an episode again, it'd still be good if there was another episode of just talking. Anymore would be pushing it, though.

Archived