Official Zexal Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

Astro Dude

Duel Tech  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Duel Tech would you prefer?

• Hologram Projectors
    • Virtual Reality
    • Augmented Reality
  2. 2. Do you think parents would approve of a 13 year old girl wearing a very short skirt?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1318852433' post='5583743']
I said Crowler And Grieger. I guess I should have also mentioned Goku.

Also, little known fact, Shark was Guano from a show called Kappa Mikey. Maybe you've heard of it.
[/quote]
Bronk sounds more like Crowler than he does Greiger imo

i've never heard of Kappa Mikey, [size=2]although "there's a reason why some facts are little known" - Velma, Scooby Doo[/size]

Ok. we're gonna take a detour before we get back on track with this:

Kappa Mikey is a show about a literal fish out of water. Mikey Simon (voiced by Michael Sinterklass who portrayed characters like Riven, Leonardo, Dean Venture, and Trey Racer) an American actor, wins a spot on Kappa Mikey, an anime in Japan. There he meets his boss Ozu, his Yes Man, and the other members of the cast: Lily (voiced by Kether Donahue), Gonard (Voiced by Sean Schemmel who voiced Goku and now Brunk), Mitzuki (Voiced by uhhhh Carrie Keranen aka Evelyn Lanto and Caroline Lawson, who was Mina Simmington back in 5d's, and replaced Tara Sands as Mokuba in the Original Yu-gi-oh!)), and Guano (Voiced By Gary Mack who voices Shark). On the set they're action heroes but off-screen they get into hilarious adventures like being a reality show, prank wars, doing a clip show and lifting a curse, this crew knows how to have fun.

That help?

I'm confused as to why there's a character called Guano. I beleive I've heard of the show prior to this topic.

And Kotori is voiced by Iris's VA? I'm slow to pick up on stuff. But, I noticed the similarity. (somewhat, since I've only watched like 4 or 5 episodes of the Best Wishes dub.)

Shark sounds like a drug addiict.
Tetsuo sounds like a Dark Signer and a teacher.
Kotori says inappropriate things.
It took me longer to hate Jaden in the dub than it did Yuma in the dub.
Astral..............Ok, I'll give that one, but he said what, like 3 or 4 words?

This is worse than I thought.....

Fail 1st episode, bad script, god awful editing, music sucks, door dialogue was stupid (subbed was cool). When summoning Revise Dragon had his lines changed like most of the duel making him a "bully" instead of a badass that he really is.
giving the dubbed series a 1/10

[quote name='DSS' timestamp='1319183108' post='5590939']
Fail 1st episode, bad script, god awful editing, music sucks, door dialogue was stupid (subbed was cool). When summoning Revise Dragon had his lines changed like most of the duel making him a "bully" instead of a badass that he really is.
giving the dubbed series a 1/10
[/quote]

You do realize the subbed version made him out to being a bully as well? And the Door sequence, as well as the No. 17 summoning sequence was done no different than the original?

Oh, the irony!

Personally, 4Kids is doing the best they can and I commend them on it. If all this was done by a whole bunch of fans it would be driven into the ground. Guaranteed. So be glad that it actually made it here in one piece instead of moping about it like a 12-year old would about pretty much anything.

Now I feel like waking up tomorrow, turning my TV over to the CW at 9:30 in the morning and listening to the soothing sounds of Marc Thompson.

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1319245505' post='5592537']

You do realize the subbed version made him out to being a bully as well? And the Door sequence, as well as the No. 17 summoning sequence was done no different than the original?
[/quote]
In the sub he was a badass, not a bully. Doesn't Shark repeat himself when he Xyz summons in the dub?

"Now I overlay blah and blah"
"Now I Xyz summon blah."

And he did it again on his other summon too, but he didn't repeat now.

Indeed Zero,
and the door was more like
E.Sub
1st encounter
Door : Whoever opens this door , will obtain a new power. But in exchange will lose they're most precious thing
Yuma : My most precious thing...
--------------------------------------------------------
2nd encounter
Door: Now , open the door.
Yuma : This..this is?
Door: Open the door. If you do you will obtain a new power, but in exchange you will lose something you hold most precious

E.Dub
1st encounter
Door: Whoever opens this door , will gain a great new power. But know that with such a reward comes great risk. Have you the courage to unlock this power?..
[size=3]Weird unnecessary echo voice[/size]
Yuma: Umm...great risk? lemme think about it...Don't think so...
-------------------------------
2nd encounter
Yuma: My key....Wow , its my dream..
Door: This is now dream..Have you the courage to unlock this power?
It is time to decide Yuma..What will it be?

So you can now understand why its annoying since in the dub, yuma's lines makes him sound like a retard.

And the puns , DEAR GOD THE PUNS!!!!!!!!!!1

[spoiler='Brief summary of Episode 2']Astral does keep his name, "if he recalls."

Yuma thinks Astral is his guardian angel, to which Astral says he is no such thing.

"Now GO, Gogogo Golem!"

Astral keeps his observation thing intact, albeit they are different, but better.

Utopia summoning looks amazing in High Def. Attack name is "Rising Sun Slash". Fine. Utopia's effect name is "Light Wing Shield". Cool.

THEY EDITED OUT YUMA EATING THE RICEBALL. lolcalizations ftw i guess.

Astral says at the end: "I feel this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship...if you do as I say."

Other than that, there were little to no changes.[/spoiler]

Agreed. I gotta get a # 25 Utopia of my own.

Astral was kinda like Atem except he and Yuma were two beings instead of one.

Tori might say this line in the series, even if it's recycled:

"That's it, I need sone female friends."

At least Shark also knew when to admit defeat, and unlike the first three series, the backs of the cards are detailed.

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1319306910' post='5593799']
Agreed. I gotta get a # 25 Utopia of my own.

Astral was kinda like Atem except he and Yuma were two beings instead of one.

At least Shark also knew when to admit defeat, and unlike the first three series, the backs of the cards are detailed.
[/quote]

You're in the wrong topic.

well i just watched episode 2 on Dubhappy and here is what i thought:
- 4kids done it wrong from the start, it's Zeal not Zexal
- i laughed quite hard when Yuma said to Astral "[i]thanks captain obvious[/i]" no seriously i did laugh
overall, this episode was better than episode 1

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1319306910' post='5593799']

[/quote]
i severely doubt she'll say that at all, since when have 4kids recycled lines from their previous animes?

Ok, the thing I'm most seriously pissed at is the skirt edit. Like what the hell? I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt a (probably obese knowing America) girl would wear a short skirt because some girl on a "cartoon" (again lolmerica) did.

And this honestly isn't because I particularly liked the short skirts, its just so stupid.

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1319292062' post='5593277']
[spoiler='Brief summary of Episode 2']Astral does keep his name, "if he recalls."

Yuma thinks Astral is his guardian angel, to which Astral says he is no such thing.

"Now GO, Gogogo Golem!"

Astral keeps his observation thing intact, albeit they are different, but better.

Utopia summoning looks amazing in High Def. Attack name is "Rising Sun Slash". Fine. Utopia's effect name is "Light Wing Shield". Cool.

THEY EDITED OUT YUMA EATING THE RICEBALL. lolcalizations ftw i guess.

Astral says at the end: "I feel this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship...if you do as I say."

Other than that, there were little to no changes.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Rising Sun slash?

[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091009151708/eternalsonata/images/thumb/b/b7/Es-allegretto4.jpg/497px-Es-allegretto4.jpg[/img]

+1 Awesome game cookie to anyone who gets the joke

I LOVE this ZeXal dub, for some reason. The second episode, at least. Astral sounds a lot more like a Dueling Genius than in the Japanese anime. He's also highly amusing, and works well with comedic Yuma. Shark sounds bad AT FIRST, but I got used to it.

Archived