Official Zexal Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

Astro Dude

Duel Tech  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Duel Tech would you prefer?

• Hologram Projectors
    • Virtual Reality
    • Augmented Reality
  2. 2. Do you think parents would approve of a 13 year old girl wearing a very short skirt?

• Yes
    • No

[quote name='~Burning Soul~' timestamp='1318686976' post='5580731']
so...what happened in the [b]whole[/b] episode (seeing as YCM went down whilst it was on) [size=1][s]note to self shouldn't have asked to get spoiled[/s][/size]
[/quote]

[spoiler=Here's a bit of what happened]When Tetsuo is introduced, he's all like "Wanna race to the school?" and Yuma's all like "Lemme chew on that...*eats a riceball* ok!" Not bad.

Yuma gets tripped and all his cards fly out. The "litterbots" (better than obots if you ask me) are picking up Yuma's deck. Yuma explains to the litterbots that those cards are his dueling deck. The bots are all like "DUELING TRASH. DUELING TRASH." Real funny.

Skip forward to when Shark summons Aero Shark. Kotori's all like "It's a maneater!" How the hell did THAT go by?

*feelin the flow get set to get decked blahblahblah*

Astral's only line is "Lies", which I was like "Fine, Astral only had a few lines in the anime, so I can just wait till next week."

And that's pretty much what happened.

(P.S. Tetsuo sounds like a fat Bronx guy. I was surprised, seeing as they should have used the guy who voices Cartman from South Park. "YUMA GIMME MY CHEESY POOFS")[/spoiler]

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1318687595' post='5580746']
Wait it happened already? I was under the impression it'd air at 11:30 like 5Ds had.
[/quote]
yup, it aired at 9:30am

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1318688065' post='5580763']
[spoiler=Here's a bit of what happened]When Tetsuo is introduced, he's all like "Wanna race to the school?" and Yuma's all like "Lemme chew on that...*eats a riceball* ok!" Not bad.

Yuma gets tripped and all his cards fly out. The "litterbots" (better than obots if you ask me) are picking up Yuma's deck. Yuma explains to the litterbots that those cards are his dueling deck. The bots are all like "DUELING TRASH. DUELING TRASH." Real funny.

Skip forward to when Shark summons Aero Shark. Kotori's all like "It's a maneater!" How the hell did THAT go by?

*feelin the flow get set to get decked blahblahblah*

Astral's only line is "Lies", which I was like "Fine, Astral only had a few lines in the anime, so I can just wait till next week.

And that's pretty much what happened. (P.S. Tetsuo sounds like a fat Bronx guy. I was surprised, seeing as they should had the guy who voices Cartman from South Park. "YUMA GIMME MY CHEESY POOFS")[/spoiler]
[/quote]
now i have to wait till it comes up on Dubhappy

Dialogs in the show seem to have the issue of explaining too much. It doesn't seem right coming from Ryoga who was a National candidate, nor Yuma that has played dozens of times already despite being bad at the game. It sounds like a bad fanfic like that (although the subbed version has the same "tell > show" issue to a lower extent in this episode too)

Some of the parts where Kotori appears are bothersome. Her skirt edits are too awkward, and I'm not saying this for "ecchi" tastes (I'm not even a guy to begin with). Also, I didn't hear the "Ko" in "Kotori", which is personally annoying like hearing the extra "za" they put on Aki.

Puns, catch-phrases, and obvious statements are replacing what used to be actual content. Not their worse, but I'll stick with subs just like I did for 5ds.

Sooooo... Yusei is Tristan, and Astral is Duke Devlin. Insteresting :P

BTW, what happened with the 4kids issue again?
I'd think that Zexal needed different right to be aquired than 5ds, and that all that mess would prevent both side from making a move for a while.

[quote name='~Applejack~' timestamp='1318727411' post='5582084']
BTW, what happened with the 4kids issue again?
I'd think that Zexal needed different right to be aquired than 5ds, and that all that mess would prevent both side from making a move for a while.
[/quote]
I haven't found a verdict, so I assume the lawsuit is still ongoing.

[quote name='DynaBladeX96' timestamp='1318731191' post='5582282']
lol shark's english voice makes him sound like he's a stoner
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]Shark: yo duuuude, do you catch the part where Tori said "It's a maneater"? *smokes from the bong*[/color]

[color=#ff0000]Yuma: yeaaahhh man, that was cooool. I bet Tori's a maneater too, maaaan. *smokes from the bong*[/color]

Astral: Can I try that?

[color=#ff0000]Yuma: Suuuuuure maaaaan.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Shark: Who ya talkin' to bro?[/color]

[color=#ff0000]Yuma: You don't see him maaaaan?[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Shark: No duuuuude. I think you hit the bong one too many times.[/color]

Astral: *trying to smoke from the bong*

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1318735237' post='5582478']
I am surprised they changed the "eat your breakfast" part to "give me a kiss". I guess 4kids think a good bye kiss was more important than the most important meal of the day. :/
[/quote]

Old women are still pretty important. I mean, they make good cookies.

just watched the first episode it was meh....the best part imo as when the litterbots picked up Yuma's card and called them "DUELING TRASH, DUELING TRASH". also when Shark summoned Aero Shark, they just called it "Aero Shark" to save time or something. the line "feeling the flow" has gotten boring already, and Astral's line "Rise, Rises up" was ok as we got to hear the voice. so in conclusion i would rather continue watching the subs......just in case

[quote name='Skyfi' timestamp='1318696689' post='5581053']
Only 1, he said something like "Your in deep water now Yuma"
[/quote]

You clearly weren't listening.

Even though It's been a day since I watched it, I can still remember a few more. "Feeding time" for example.

I didn't watch the episode in whole. Just some brief clips.

I hate everything. Yuma's sub catchphrase was annoying, but this one seems stupider and even more awkward. The opening as far as I could tell is painfully underwhelming, the song is dull, the visuals focus more on random Astral and Yuma shots. I'm half hoping the guy who posted the opening on Youtube was a troll who made it himself. It's that weak.

Voices suck. Shark doesn't sound remotely cool (a major selling point for his Japanese character). Yuma's voice is kind of stupid. I will definitely not be watching the dubbed version of Zexal. I'll pop in in about 3 months to hear what they do to Kaito's name/voice, but that's it.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1318813071' post='5582969']
Shark doesn't sound remotely cool (a major selling point for his Japanese character).
[/quote]

What can you expect from a company about to go bankrupt? I think they're doing fine and I'm certain that this (as well as the surprisingly well done Tai-Chi Chasers) will be their saving grace.

As to your comment on Shark's dub voice, it reminds me of a comment made a while ago, to which I will reiterate:

[quote name='DynaBladeX96' timestamp='1318731191' post='5582282']
lol shark's english voice makes him sound like he's a stoner
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]Shark: yo duuuude, do you catch the part where Tori said "It's a maneater"? *smokes from the bong*[/color]

[color=#ff0000]Yuma: yeaaahhh man, that was cooool. I bet Tori's a maneater too, maaaan. *smokes from the bong*[/color]

Astral: Can I try that?

[color=#ff0000]Yuma: Suuuuuure maaaaan.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Shark: Who ya talkin' to bro?[/color]

[color=#ff0000]Yuma: You don't see him maaaaan?[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Shark: No duuuuude. I think you hit the bong one too many times.[/color]

Astral: *trying to smoke from the bong*

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1318817563' post='5583166']
You also forgot that Iris from Pokemon is Tori and Crowler is Brunk.

No word on Cathy however.
[/quote]
from the first episode you can tell that Tori and Bronk were those characters (not just the voices) but the personalities too.

as for Cathy you'll have to wait a month

although if Kaito's name and voice sucks, i'm gonna stop watching the dub and stick with the subs only

Archived