Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will fix the register issues tonight when there are less people on. I know exactly what the problem is.

(Also tonight, I will change Level to Level/Rank)

As for the duel images, i'm baffled. I've never had this issue in testing. I tried it yesterday with no issue :( I'll need more time for that one...

Is there any reason that the Duelportal servers are currently down?

Read up on comments.

so it goes down every time he does an update? huh. also i found on the custom types thing that you couldn't make one that went into the extra deck. it was quite frustrating because in dyccg we have something that starts in the extra deck other than synchro/xyz/fusion. to make matters worse it can actually end up in the deck/hand too if returned there by say compulse due to some of it's wierd mechanics. we even have cards that banish facedown from the field and cards that go on top of eachother in the S/T card zone and ways for monsters to attack from the S/T card zone etc. etc. the list goes on and on and so far we have improvised quite well but our biggest current issue is the "advanced monsters" which are the aforementioned extra deck originating monsters which end up in the deck/hand. :/ im not sure if it's something we should even worry about though. perhaps we should remove that particular mechanic? there are only 3 made to date anyway. sea or anyone else who knows a course of action please enlighten me so i can run it by our staff as a solution. the only thing that needs to be fixed legitimately is the inability to put custom types into the extra deck. usually forcing one to click on fusion as well so it actually appears inside the extra deck.

This comment is probably in the wrong page, but, there needs to be an option to put a card face up on the extra deck.  I thought pendulums go to the extra deck face up, and some custom cards allow you to put cards face up on the extra deck (improvised by putting in field slot).

Pendulums indeed go face-up in the Extra Deck when they leave the field (bar for banishing cases), so adding this feature will be needed.

@Hintin: For the most part, DP will be down if sea needs to make an update to things (especially if there are any bugs/glitches that come up again after he deals with them this time around).

As for your mechanics, it may be hard for sea to code them so they work exactly the way you have them planned out (but you seem to have found a way to get around that problem).

so it goes down every time he does an update? huh. also i found on the custom types thing that you couldn't make one that went into the extra deck. it was quite frustrating because in dyccg we have something that starts in the extra deck other than synchro/xyz/fusion. to make matters worse it can actually end up in the deck/hand too if returned there by say compulse due to some of it's wierd mechanics. we even have cards that banish facedown from the field and cards that go on top of eachother in the S/T card zone and ways for monsters to attack from the S/T card zone etc. etc. the list goes on and on and so far we have improvised quite well but our biggest current issue is the "advanced monsters" which are the aforementioned extra deck originating monsters which end up in the deck/hand. :/ im not sure if it's something we should even worry about though. perhaps we should remove that particular mechanic? there are only 3 made to date anyway. sea or anyone else who knows a course of action please enlighten me so i can run it by our staff as a solution. the only thing that needs to be fixed legitimately is the inability to put custom types into the extra deck. usually forcing one to click on fusion as well so it actually appears inside the extra deck.

It wasn't down for an update that time, it was just genuinely down. I check this thread every day so I can restart it if someone says something.

As for the Advanced Monsters, putting Fusion/Synchro/Xyz in addition to your other subtypes is the only course of action right now.

This comment is probably in the wrong page, but, there needs to be an option to put a card face up on the extra deck.  I thought pendulums go to the extra deck face up, and some custom cards allow you to put cards face up on the extra deck (improvised by putting in field slot).

When you return a card from the field to the extra deck, it should return it face-up (well, you won't see any difference but your opponent will). They should be able to see face-up cards in your extra deck by clicking on it. Am I wrong?

When you return a card from the field to the extra deck, it should return it face-up (well, you won't see any difference but your opponent will). They should be able to see face-up cards in your extra deck by clicking on it. Am I wrong?

So no physical face-up card?  awww.

Hey, I've got a suggestion.

Perhaps we could have an option to make the card we're playing / activating appear for a split second in big res in the center of the screen.

It could be used as a gesture, instead of saying "activating X eff 2" etc etc, we could push an "activate" button and have the card appear for both players on the screen for a moment.

It will not just aid in useability, or ease things up - it might even the dueling on DP feel a little better.

Okay, so there's a card I submitted like over a year ago whose text is pretty big, but it gets a sliding bar when I view it on deckbuilder so you can see the whole text. Now I submitted a new card whose text just gets cut off past a certain point, and it won't get a slider bar. How do I fix this?

Okay, so there's a card I submitted like over a year ago whose text is pretty big, but it gets a sliding bar when I view it on deckbuilder so you can see the whole text. Now I submitted a new card whose text just gets cut off past a certain point, and it won't get a slider bar. How do I fix this?

I'm getting a scroll bar for really long text, maybe you could add some extra newlines at the end to get that scrollbar?

• 2 weeks later...

If you're trying to access Duel Portal on Chrome, then it will not work (at least for newer versions).

Firefox works well for accessing.

Or if you are using Firefox, are you getting the login screen properly? I don't think Duel Portal should be down again (as I was on it a couple nights ago on other computer).

Okay I know you guys have alot on your plate and everything but this is a simple question. I've got on dueling network all fine, after see the update in which you can see full card images now. But when I tried to by hovering over them in deck edit..... nothing happened, I even quickly made a card to test this and... nothing.

The reason I'm asking is because the only think stopping me from using duel portal more, is the fact that I can't see my card images, just text and proxyies. If anyone can tell me the reason or how to see the card images plz tell me.

Archived