Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

that sounds amazing but DYCCG has reached unprecidented activity XD if DP was up wed have a flood

I hope it goes up soon bc DYCCG is finally all it can be T_T im so happeh my bebeh is all grown up. its time to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I know the feeling, we're preparing a RP on reddit and are waiting for the Duel Portal to go up again :/

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets-a-try that. Back online.

Notes:

* I believe the cause of a lot of dueling errors was the YCM-to-DP feature. YCM changed their formatting, which messed up some cards that were uploaded through that. It's fixed now, but if you're having issues with dueling, tell me your username and i can see if your cards got messed up.

* Fixed the issues for CCGs.

* Watching duels should be more stable.

As always, I may have missed something. Please let me know if there are still issues.

So... I wanna move some of my archtypes to Duel Portal.  Do I just use the submit tab?  Also, why are their multiple pools?  Wouldn't you want to have one pool so your more likely to find players who are online?  Maybe I just don't understand the pool system.

Also... wouldn't it make sense to have like... the actual yugioh cards in the Duel Portal already?  Or at least make it possible for people to indiviually create the "real" cards and submit them to be review before they become permanent to help create the real cards?

So... I wanna move some of my archtypes to Duel Portal.  Do I just use the submit tab? Yup!

Also, why are their multiple pools?  Wouldn't you want to have one pool so your more likely to find players who are online?  Maybe I just don't understand the pool system.

Pools are for CCGs to have their own set of cards. You can still duel people who use other Pools. If you're not in a CCG, just be Default.

So... I wanna move some of my archtypes to Duel Portal.  Do I just use the submit tab?  Also, why are their multiple pools?  Wouldn't you want to have one pool so your more likely to find players who are online?  Maybe I just don't understand the pool system.

Also... wouldn't it make sense to have like... the actual yugioh cards in the Duel Portal already?  Or at least make it possible for people to indiviually create the "real" cards and submit them to be review before they become permanent to help create the real cards?

There are actual cards on Duel Portal, people submit them as they are needed. They typically are put under the Konami tag.

So... I wanna move some of my archtypes to Duel Portal.  Do I just use the submit tab? Yup!

Also, why are their multiple pools?  Wouldn't you want to have one pool so your more likely to find players who are online?  Maybe I just don't understand the pool system.

Pools are for CCGs to have their own set of cards. You can still duel people who use other Pools. If you're not in a CCG, just be Default.

So, would I want to move to a different pool to use my own cards?

There are actual cards on Duel Portal, people submit them as they are needed. They typically are put under the Konami tag.

What does "submit" mean then?  I send it in for review?  Or is it just added to the pool?

What does "submit" mean then?  I send it in for review?  Or is it just added to the pool?

There is no review, when you upload the cards to the public, everyone can see them and play with them.

@seattleite, there seem to be some weird issues with the uploading, it says the server might be down, but later on I see that the cards are actually uploaded anyway.

Uploading public cards does not work for me. I can upload and edit private ones, but as soon as I hit that public button, it says that it couldn't be submitted because the server might be down. I can also not edit already private cards into public ones.

[spoiler=It s not Leen's fault!']uiLSPiS.png

Try clearing your browser's cache.

Tried it and still getting the "server down" and "You have been disconnected" messages. Can't click to register or anything. 

Since Chrome doesn't work, I'm trying on Safari and Firefox, but neither is working for me. 

EDIT: I bet it's the same reason I can't access DN. The wifi I'm using won't let me connect. 

Uploading public cards does not work for me. I can upload and edit private ones, but as soon as I hit that public button, it says that it couldn't be submitted because the server might be down. I can also not edit already private cards into public ones.

Apparently they do get edited, except you need to restart DP.

Ok. So, this is probably an easy to answer question, but I have no idea. I am uploading a series of Dragon Ball Z cards I quickly made to goof around with friends with on Duel Portal. However, when I go to the sets tab and pull up my set (DBZ), some of my cards are cards others have made. For example, I have a card called "Krillin" which is a normal monster. However, whenever I select "Krillin" on the DBZ tab, i get a "Krillin" card somebody else made. Is there any way to get my own card? 

Both cards share Name, Attribute, and set name. Do i have to change my set name? Is there any way around this?

Also, I am in My Cards not Public

Reporting that the latest cards I added, as well as my cards in Private, are not showing up in the search lists of the Deck and card editors, but I can still see them if they were saved in a Deck. Then, when I try to remake a card with the same name, it states the card already exists and that it may be in public so... it seems they got stuck there and cannot be accessed for edits or deletion.

Confirmed I get the same deal. Reloading shows the cards, but no artwork is shown. User is GrandmasterofDarkness on DP if that helps you out at all

How do I upload images for my cards? I can't figure it out.

There should be a button that says Upload Image that you can make images with.

Just upload the card pic, not the whole card itself.

Or there should be a URL field.

Is registering ever going to be fixed? I tried to make account since few days, but password field was always bugged and account creation isn't possible. Both on Opera and Firefox.

Hopefully it will be fixed (and going to assume sea is aware of this fact, and has plans to fix it).

Come to think of it, I probably mentioned the password thing quite some time ago.

I will fix the register issues tonight when there are less people on. I know exactly what the problem is.

(Also tonight, I will change Level to Level/Rank)

As for the duel images, i'm baffled. I've never had this issue in testing. I tried it yesterday with no issue :( I'll need more time for that one...

I will fix the register issues tonight when there are less people on. I know exactly what the problem is.

(Also tonight, I will change Level to Level/Rank)

As for the duel images, i'm baffled. I've never had this issue in testing. I tried it yesterday with no issue :( I'll need more time for that one...

I'm baffled as well, I uploaded 50 cards from my Brute archetype and 2 had broken images (easy fix, just edit the card, click the image in DP, which will be broken, and paste card image from imgur which you get from clicking the card in YCM, don't forget to delete the html tags on the sides).  But the point is, I uploaded all 50 cards the same way, and for no apparent reason, 2 had broken images.  This also happened when I uploaded my CLASH deck (number may vary).

Reporting that the latest cards I added, as well as my cards in Private, are not showing up in the search lists of the Deck and card editors, but I can still see them if they were saved in a Deck. Then, when I try to remake a card with the same name, it states the card already exists and that it may be in public so... it seems they got stuck there and cannot be accessed for edits or deletion.

Update on this, I found the issue:

I was logging in with my username in lower case, and it seems that by doing so it didn't show me the cards in Private that I made with the username in upper case, which is why I couldn't find them.

As for the Public cards that weren't showing up, I remade them and after I did the originals appeared on the Edit list, so I proceeded to delete the latter.

Archived