Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any clue why i don't get a verification mail, seattleite?

Either the mailer is slow or it's in your junk mail. But i'll pm you the verification.

Oh man I've been gone for a while o: when did they add xyz to YCM?

Welcome back? Where did you go anyway? :P

The xyzs were a recent thing.

Either the mailer is slow or it's in your junk mail. But i'll pm you the verification.

Welcome back? Where did you go anyway? :P

The xyzs were a recent thing.

I had a lot going on, school, work, moving places, hehe, I always vanish not long after I come back, must be a curse Sea. Nice to be back though thanks. I think I'm here for a while this time though. :P

um whats this

That's the old Duel Portal back when you had to download it, it's my Light Fairy set.

When I tried to register for Duel Portal, I got an error message. The details were as follows:

[Async_ExceptionOccurred]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.20913.00&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred

at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.createOrVerifyNewUserCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.Register.cli_createUserDone(Object sender, createOrVerifyNewUserCompletedEventArgs e)
   at DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.Service1ConsoleClient.OncreateOrVerifyNewUserCompleted

This has happened each time I've tried to join, although admittedly, I only found out about Duel Portal today. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon so I can try this baby out!

P.S. the link in the error details is this: 

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/DllResourceIDs/Default.aspx?Version=5.1.20913.00&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred

Duel Portal is currently down, as evidenced by the "Error: Failure to get banlist." message that pops up under the login bit. Speaking of which, it has been down a LOT recently. Makes testing much more difficult, especially since I usually don't stumble across someone else on DP.

Ouch... do you know anywhere else that I can duel using custom cards, outside of YGOpro or YVD?

They're simply not added. We users have gone through the work of adding important staples and whatnot, but real archetypes are mainly untouched as of now. You are free to add them yourself.

Anyway, the "Do not show this again" checkbox for when you make cards public doesn't seem to be very effective. If I leave the Submit section, it'll act as if I've never checked the box before and remind me again that making cards public makes them impossible to edit. Also, while pressing the edit button keeps the filter results, it only does so for the name; you have to filter the Set manually each time. Could this get fixed as well? Finally, for us non-public-card-editors, could public cards not be included in the results when filtering the edit section? There really isn't a point in them being included there, and it's annoying when you go to edit a card and make it public, just to realize that it already is (also, it is when you realize you have a private version of a public card that you want to make public, but that's a different story).

I'm sorry, but I have to restate the issue about not really being able to do anything with cards obtained from the opponent. I was just in a duel where the both of us played Xyz cards that involved utilizing each others' monster as Material and the inability to do so seriously complicated matters.

Archived