Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

I just randomly noticed that the news incorrectly states that the current version is 4.01 when we are now in 4.02.

But more importantly, I've also noticed that when editing a monster that had any box to the right of "Effect" checked (such as Tuner, Synchro, or Xyz), that box is no longer checked. This leads to people accidentally turning their Extra Deck monsters into Maindeck monsters or removing the Tuner status of a monster if they didn't notice. Could this be fixed? Oh, and we can't seem to check Tuner as well as Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, or Xyz (heh Xyz Tuners) for some reason; we can only have Tuner Synchros by generating the card directly from YCM/Yugico. Can you allow us to check off both a Tuner/Gemini/Spirit/Union box as well as a Fusion/Ritual/Synchro/Xyz box?

Also, somebody get on. D:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just randomly noticed that the news incorrectly states that the current version is 4.01 when we are now in 4.02.

But more importantly, I've also noticed that when editing a monster that had any box to the right of "Effect" checked (such as Tuner, Synchro, or Xyz), that box is no longer checked. This leads to people accidentally turning their Extra Deck monsters into Maindeck monsters or removing the Tuner status of a monster if they didn't notice. Could this be fixed? Oh, and we can't seem to check Tuner as well as Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, or Xyz (heh Xyz Tuners) for some reason; we can only have Tuner Synchros by generating the card directly from YCM/Yugico. Can you allow us to check off both a Tuner/Gemini/Spirit/Union box as well as a Fusion/Ritual/Synchro/Xyz box?

Also, somebody get on. D:

I noticed that too. Luckily for most of it, the Edit function is now working properly, so that so long as you don't make your cards public (at least not right away), you can change the card inputs without having to delete them.

I really want to say that the fact that DuelPortal is shunted down to AoC is farcical. This is (despite its flaws) more or less the thing that any cardmaker wanted when they came to this site and to be dropped into what is by and large the joke section of the entire forum is terrible.

That's bothered me for quite a while now and i felt like it really needed to be said.

The one reason I can think of why this isn't in RC is because there are way too many stickies in RC already. Putting this in C&S, News and Questions is unneeded as not many checks those subforums. It's either PCC, RC or AoC, and unless something gets unstickied in RC, this thread is staying where it is.

The too many stickies argument is a poorly made one as this WAS a sticky in RC until one of Koko or Black moved it while they were a mod (iirc), at a time when there were substantially less stickies than there are now in RC.

A "leave it where it is" attitude is utterly disrespectful to the amount of work Seattleite put in to this project, all off his own back. Not for himself and not even for YCM, but for the use of anyone who wants it. The way he and this thread have been handled is a slap in the face of the time he spends on this in addition to fulfilling all his duties outside of DuelPortal, in his personal life and beyond.

The fact it is in AoC is unfitting, especially when new members come to the site looking for a way to use their custom cards and are told that such a thing is non-existent by senior members of this forum. I wish I'd kept count of the amount of times this has happened because I could probably list a good number of times that it has happened while DuelPortal sat in the murky depths of our "Joke cards go here" section.

I want to propose that we ask a current CC mod (I think its Zextra atm) to move this to a more appropriate section, but if you really feel that "too many stickies" or "should stay where it is" is really the best thing then who am I to argue?

I'd say go on with your idea. That'll really help, and if it worked, this could gain more popularity.

On an unrelated note, bug report and something else.

-You can attach a stolen monster as an Xyz Material if you move it into your S/T zone (which somehow made the program think it's your card), though this makes the program went crazy bugged afterwards.

-Most bugs I've seen lately is just the graphical errors, and the inability to access the side deck during a match.

Also, I deleted a public card (Rank-up Magic Quick Chaos), as it is just a badly designed anime card that was put straight into the program with no edits. Anyone who submitted that card can submit it once again, but bear in mind that it needs to be changed first.

Though, if most people disagree with me, I'll resubmit it myself.

Ok, that was kind of hostile so I apologise for the tone. I still stand by the basis of what I said though, being left in AoC is entirely detrimental.

If the topic moves to a more popular area you increase the potential number of users, and more users equals more people bug-testing as a result of the associated rise in people playing, uploading and deck making. You'll also find it easier to sustain tournaments and competitions or even CCG's set up within the program.

It's entirely for the best, for everyone really.

Daily bug report~

-The graphical glitches are definitely triggered randomly when a player opened the deck/grave/banish/extra window.

-It caused graphical glitch, and the inability for the player who triggered it to look to those windows, as the window moved into the corner of the screen, making it impossible to interact with.

-also, the message that detailed a player's action (example: CuttingWind added "XXXX" from their deck to their hand) could also become glitched too.

this will continue even after the duel ends and the players enter another duel.

EDIT: According to Venoshock Voltex, this will happen in every duel for him, and triggered when using the main deck window, or when summoning an Xyz.

I just want to point out that, while I have not dueled on DP many times (don't remember how many, but I dare to say less than 10), I'm fairly certain that in all of them I have had glitches such as, after an Xyz of either player is removed from the field, monsters/Xyz Materials remaining on the field when they should have been removed and when I click on them they throw an error message, or getting error messages after searching and adding a card from the Deck to the hand.

However, I have experienced the windows moving out of the screen twice, and only in one occasion the window moved so far that I could only see the "Ok" button.

Archived