Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Err... Ok, I noticed a distinct lack of Hieratic cards, among other archetypes...I'd wager most of the real-life cards aren't there. Any particular reason?

We can't afford to have all the TCG cards because they are loaded by everyone, and it would take too long. Not to mention the space it would take up.

Since this is mainly a custom card thing it gives people a chance to break free from the TCG. But like Background Character said, you can add them if you want.

They're simply not added. We users have gone through the work of adding important staples and whatnot, but real archetypes are mainly untouched as of now. You are free to add them yourself.

Anyway, the "Do not show this again" checkbox for when you make cards public doesn't seem to be very effective. If I leave the Submit section, it'll act as if I've never checked the box before and remind me again that making cards public makes them impossible to edit. Also, while pressing the edit button keeps the filter results, it only does so for the name; you have to filter the Set manually each time. Could this get fixed as well? Finally, for us non-public-card-editors, could public cards not be included in the results when filtering the edit section? There really isn't a point in them being included there, and it's annoying when you go to edit a card and make it public, just to realize that it already is (also, it is when you realize you have a private version of a public card that you want to make public, but that's a different story).

Alright, working on it. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but I have to restate the issue about not really being able to do anything with cards obtained from the opponent. I was just in a duel where the both of us played Xyz cards that involved utilizing each others' monster as Material and the inability to do so seriously complicated matters.

Working on it, thanks.

soooooooooooooo.... when are pendulum stuff going to be added? lol

When I can finally understand what the heck they do :P

I have no View Image, only View Source. And open link in new tab is greyed out, so that doesnt work either.

What browser are you using? It shows for me in Firefox and IE. "Copy Image URL" in Chrome.

If none of that works I don't know what to tell you. It needs the big long URL with all the card data in it.

Do you belie~ve in reliability? I sure don't. DP is down again, for what I can only presume the 69th time this week.

In other, slightly less depressing news, I really feel that this should be stickied in RC with an extra bit added that says "PLAY WITH YOUR CREATED CARDS HERE" on it. It'll bring some activity back for RC and this, so it's all good. The OCG guide could easily be assimilated to either the cardmaking or the RC guide, so the stickies wouldn't be as cluttered. 

Of course, this is assuming that DP wouldn't crash and burn when 7 people log in at once. 

• 2 weeks later...

Idea time!

We exchange our archetypes/Decks with each other, and face the cards we made ourselves. You could still use the same archetype if you want for a mirror match. Who wants some birds?

I have been thinking that it would be nice to be able to give someone else at least temporary access to your private cards for testing.

I have been thinking that it would be nice to be able to give someone else at least temporary access to your private cards for testing.

Well, you can still share cards and sets. There's also making them public, but then I couldn't edit them if I needed to. Which means I would have to ask Ain/Toyo to do it. Which means I would have to admit to other people that my cards are indeed broken. :S

Sorry about the bump, but has this been abandoned or is it just not a situation where there is always an opponent online to begin with?

edit: it also says that you can generate a card directly from YCM in the readme, but I can't figure out how to do this

edit2: I also support adding something like "Duel with your created cards" to the thread title

Sorry about the bump, but has this been abandoned or is it just not a situation where there is always an opponent online to begin with?

There are sometimes people online, but for the most part this site is pretty inactive.

edit: it also says that you can generate a card directly from YCM in the readme, but I can't figure out how to do this

Right-click the card and click View Image. Copy the link and paste it in the bottom of the Submit section.

edit2: I also support adding something like "Duel with your created cards" to the thread title

Lately, I haven't seen a single person online. Maybe I've not been around at the right times, but still. Where are you people? Does nobody really want to duel with my own cards? D:

The latter, there are still updates and everything. I just don't advertise the site much because of various bugs.

I thought of this site more as a tool for dueling with your friends than an active site with people online all the time like Dueling Network. Maybe that's just me :P

I second that, good idea.

Archived