Official One Piece Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

[spoiler=902]

Damn, I found this chapter so strong. The bond between Brulee and Katakuri. Seems those siblings are particularly close to each other compared to the other siblings, unless Brulee is just nice with every sibling. I find funny that both played a role in helping the Straw Hats: 1 as hostage, the other strengthening them.

Pudding was so unfair, taking the memories of the heavily implied kiss. Pudding x Sanji OTP. IIRC there is no lady who has been this close to Sanji, right? Viola from the previous arc comes to mind, but it wasn't a deep relationship and it kind of turned into political affair.

Really, Straw Hats shook the Charlottes to the core with this adventure, and I would say even made a couple of allies within them. At the very least Pudding and Katakuri, the latter indirectly by letting them go to grow.

[spoiler=Family]

The shot of Katakuri with this other brothers makes me think the older siblings are at least pretty close. With Big Mom having kids ranging from under 10 to over 40 my guess is they kind of group up based on whatever generation they are part of.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep seeing people talk about One Piece as if a new chapter came out, but this was a double issue week so we shouldn't have anything. Are people trolling or am I missing something?

Would you like the link?

It's an actually crazy chapter

http://onepiecechapters.blogspot.com

The chapter name spoils the big revelation though

"The Fifth Yonko"

Was NOT expecting manga this week. Pleasant surprise. Though we will need to pay up for the double issue eventually, most likely next week.

[spoiler=903]

Grew got a bunch of power ups. I was curious if Zeus was still with them and turns out, yep. That is a HUGE power upgrade for Nami. Also a huge blow for Mom. Sanji getting a suit is neat, but I'm not a big fan honestly. Would rather him fight on his own power. Him having a higher bounty than Zoro is petty great though.

I'd almost forgot Cobi was a character. REALLY cool to see him again, especially since he seems WAY stronger. Him ending up with the Dressrossa group is fitting.

Luffy's bounty is expected. That is a HUGE jump though. But give how high the bounty of the people he was fighting was it makes sense.

Was NOT expecting manga this week. Pleasant surprise. Though we will need to pay up for the double issue eventually, most likely next week.

[spoiler=903]

Grew got a bunch of power ups. I was curious if Zeus was still with them and turns out, yep. That is a HUGE power upgrade for Nami. Also a huge blow for Mom. Sanji getting a suit is neat, but I'm not a big fan honestly. Would rather him fight on his own power. Him having a higher bounty than Zoro is petty great though.

I'd almost forgot Cobi was a character. REALLY cool to see him again, especially since he seems WAY stronger. Him ending up with the Dressrossa group is fitting.

Luffy's bounty is expected. That is a HUGE jump though. But give how high the bounty of the people he was fighting was it makes sense.

Luffy is a Yonko now. So Wano will be the battle of the Yonko, the grandfeet, wb pirates, the strawhats all vs the beast pirates

It will epic

I wouldn't call Luffy Yonko level just yet. While he is still leagues above most every other pirate I think a real gap still exists between him and the 4.

He defeated Big Mom's number 1 & 3 back to back and has been fighting for days

I think it's conceivable that he could have beaten big mom

Regardless, he's been proclaimed as one, so ready or not, people will start coming for his head

[spoiler=YOOOOOOOOO]This chapter was hype as funk, what a great way to kick off the next arc! When Luffy was crying about his bounty I figured he must've missed a decimal place, especially after the paper started praising him so much (and the fact it mentioned his great intelligence and planning is hilarious). Shout out to Morgan for being best hypeman.

Everyone's reaction to the bounty on the last page was great, even Brook had bulging eyes. While I agree he's probably not necessarily quite on the power level of the other emperor's, I think it's fair for people to consider him one. He's got his connections to the Revolutionary Army because of his dad, wrecked Enies Lobby and declared war against the WG, broke into Impel Down and succeeded in a massive prison break, was involved at Marineford, defeated three Shichibukai (and befriended one) one of which was Doflamingo, and he's got a huge fleet and recently got Jinbe, a former Shichibukai, to join his crew. Even if the assassination of Big Mom failed, he still defeated 2 of her commanders (even if the Katakuri one was closer to a tie but whatever, to everyone in-universe he won that fight) back to back, stole the poneglyph and wrecked her home, and overall humiliated their pirate group.

Glad to see Koby again, too. Dude's pretty cool. Interesting that he was involved in the Rocky Port Incident, which we still know almost nothing about, only that Law was the mastermind behind whatever it was.

I'm wondering if that raid suit for Sanji will be a Chekhov's Gun or if he's actually going to refuse to use it.

And yeah, there shouldn't be an issue of WSJ next week because of Golden Week, I believe this new chapter is part of the (delayed) April 30th issue.

[spoiler=YOOOOOOOOO]This chapter was hype as funk, what a great way to kick off the next arc! When Luffy was crying about his bounty I figured he must've missed a decimal place, especially after the paper started praising him so much (and the fact it mentioned his great intelligence and planning is hilarious). Shout out to Morgan for being best hypeman.

Everyone's reaction to the bounty on the last page was great, even Brook had bulging eyes. While I agree he's probably not necessarily quite on the power level of the other emperor's, I think it's fair for people to consider him one. He's got his connections to the Revolutionary Army because of his dad, wrecked Enies Lobby and declared war against the WG, broke into Impel Down and succeeded in a massive prison break, was involved at Marineford, defeated three Shichibukai (and befriended one) one of which was Doflamingo, and he's got a huge fleet and recently got Jinbe, a former Shichibukai, to join his crew. Even if the assassination of Big Mom failed, he still defeated 2 of her commanders (even if the Katakuri one was closer to a tie but whatever, to everyone in-universe he won that fight) back to back, stole the poneglyph and wrecked her home, and overall humiliated their pirate group.

Glad to see Koby again, too. Dude's pretty cool. Interesting that he was involved in the Rocky Port Incident, which we still know almost nothing about, only that Law was the mastermind behind whatever it was.

I'm wondering if that raid suit for Sanji will be a Chekhov's Gun or if he's actually going to refuse to use it.

And yeah, there shouldn't be an issue of WSJ next week because of Golden Week, I believe this new chapter is part of the April 30th issue.

[spoiler=Response]

No one knows about the them stealing the piece of the final map. Which just shows how massive a win it was for the SH.

I can't see Oda introducing that element and NOT bringing it back. Oda ALWAYS remembers. As I said, I'm not a fan and would rather he keep up with Zoro on his own strength alone, but Oda is Oda and he can sell me on it.

Honestly after what Zoro did to Pica (cutting the giant stone statue in half like he did is a funking insane feat no two ways about it) I'm not sure if Sanji would ever be able to keep up on his own strength. The dude's just had such an easy time of almost everything post-timeskip. Aside from trying not to get lost, of course, that will always be his greatest foe.

Honestly after what Zoro did to Pica (cutting the giant stone statue in half like he did is a funking insane feat no two ways about it) I'm not sure if Sanji would ever be able to keep up on his own strength. The dude's just had such an easy time of almost everything post-timeskip. Aside from trying not to get lost, of course, that will always be his greatest foe.

Yea, I wish Zoro had had a harder fight already. Though Sanji has also been drawing the short straw. When Zoro went up against Monet, he had a run in with Vergo. When Zoro fought Pica he had a run in with Mingo. I am happy at least that Sanji was shown holding his own and getting the jump on various higher ups in Mom's crew over this arc.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=904]New RA members look cool, I wasn't expecting a chapter on them. I like how Karasu only seemed to be mumbling because he forgot to turn on his speaker, they just couldn't hear him through the mask. Also, Karasu's power explains the crows that Sabo rode off on at the end of Dressrosa. Also, Lindbergh is totally One Piece's Rocket Racoon.

[spoiler=Chapter 904]

So cool to see more about the Revolutionary Army. Really, they are my favorite organization of the series. Couldn't but notice the race diversity of their commanders.

One can't reach the top with just gadgets, right? I'm betting Lindbergh is hella strong even without them. And assuming he is a proper Mink... can't wait to see him in "Full Moon" form.

Belo easily is the MVP of the 4 commanders, IMO. Turning citizens into militia in any intervention is such a valuable asset. And they didn't say anything about not boosting people that are already strong. Plus she is hot, too.

Not too excited about Karasu, personally. Mysterious, edgy, the works. It even looks out of place in the army, if you ask me. Perhaps that's because he is missing a hat with googles, which seems to be a trademark accessory of the organization

[spoiler=Chapter 904]

Not too excited about Karasu, personally. Mysterious, edgy, the works.

[spoiler=eh]I'm not sure I'd say that about him just yet. He only had one speech bubble back in Dressrosa but he talked to Sabo normally in it.

wXaL4b2.jpg?1

And I don't think he was mumbling to be mysterious and edgy, he just forgot to turn on his loudspeaker. I think his appearance belies his personality, he could be a birdbrain, so to speak. When a character is introduced with a gag it makes me think they're a bit less than serious.

[spoiler=904]

I like how Oda has been teasing at Wano and we are indeed doing the world gathering. It makes sense since Oda said we'd be doing this before Wano. The leaders are just as insane as they were hinted at being. Very much One Piece characters. Hard to say more since they only got little bits here and there. Also, the detail that Germa was kicked out of the World Government is a pretty important one all things considered.

[spoiler=904 & 905]Already spoiled for me before the translation, but yeah... Luffy's bounty literally TRIPLED. That's pretty hype. That being said, I absolutely love those newspaper reveals. Seeing everyone's reactions to Luffy's success is always a great moment.

But yeah, finally we're getting deeper into the Revolutionary Army. Just wondering how complicated things get before we start seeing Dragon, Green Bull, and Kaido in action.

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=906]Yeah, the chapter was super fun, I'm glad everyone got together immediately. Even Wapol showing up was entertaining.

Charloss is still being a creepy loser, I'm assuming it's just a setup for him to get beat again, maybe this time by Sabo.

• 1 month later...
It's pretty insane that before chapter 909, it'd been 813 days since we got to see this part of the crew.

Wano looks gorgeous and Zoro already finding himself in a bind was so funny and badass, but I really miss Reverie already. There was such massively important and interesting info we were getting, as well as fantastic character interactions. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope we don't follow Wano for too long at this time. Hopefully we jump back to Reverie soon so it can be finished (since I'm assuming it's not done yet) before Wano gets fully going.

I wonder if Zoro could make up a story that he's a descendant of Ryuma to explain why he has Shusui, given how similar they look:

1GGSmim.png

Archived