so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would join that RP (The one where Indiana Jones meets Pirates of The Carribean) though since this is a Hydra RP, I might utterly fail when applying, considering how long his apps and plot can be (Granted, it's not always the plot that pushes me away, it's the app length), but if this is as interesting as you say Hydra, I'll gladly try to join it. The word being "Try".

I have an idea for a rather interesting hard science fiction RP. The working title is "Magellan".

During the 21st Century, three massive scientific breakthroughs revolutionize mankind and drive them off of Earth and into the stars. The first came in 2018, when scientists at CERN accidentally create a pocket of distorted spacetime, big enough on the inside to store a warehouse, but small enough on the outside to be as big as a cell phone. After some modification and testing in the 2020s and 2030s, while also applying the concept of the Alcubierre warp bubble, which bends spacetime around a ship to achieve faster-than-light travel, the technique of "warp folding" is created, and the solar system, and the rest of the galaxy, become wide open. The second was an expansion of molecular assembly into fabricator technology, allowing for the legends of alchemy to come to life as atoms could be made into all sorts of new forms. World hunger became a thing of the past as atmospheric carbon dioxide was processed into food and tools. And the third came near the end of the century, when the first interstellar flight was made to survey the nearby Alpha Centauri system. What they found was another species, the feline Mreee, living on the more tropical planet of Wrraoll around Alpha Centauri B. After establishing a pair of colonies on the moons Nessus and Pholus around the gas giant Chiron, the only planet of Alpha Centauri A, mainkind united with the Mreee. The Mreee were uplifted from a society on the cusp of their own Industrial Revolution and formed the Interstellar Confederation with the humans. Over the next century and a half, five more races would be inducted into the Confederation, but humanity would be a major member of Confederate society.
Now, in 2341, to celebrate 150 years of stability and strength, the Confederation has launched its latest ship, the [i]CNS Magellan[/i], a top-of-the-line cruiser, as a symbol of peace and as an exploratory vessel to discover new worlds and serve as emissaries of the Confederation. This ship would contain some new prototype technology and be crewed by some of the finest in the Confederate Navy. However, on its maiden voyage, the Magellan discovers a strange artifact and is sucked into the artifact, where they are subsequently attacked and crash-land in what is revealed to be a Dyson Sphere. With 40% of the crew dead, and the ship crippled, the survivors must figure out a way to get home while still dealing with the alien interior of the massive habitat. Players would be the crew, and I would be the GM. As their is a potential for your character to die, multiple characters are encouraged.

[quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1357941115' post='6118394']
I have an idea for a rather interesting hard science fiction RP. The working title is "Magellan".

During the 21st Century, three massive scientific breakthroughs revolutionize mankind and drive them off of Earth and into the stars. The first came in 2018, when scientists at CERN accidentally create a pocket of distorted spacetime, big enough on the inside to store a warehouse, but small enough on the outside to be as big as a cell phone. After some modification and testing in the 2020s and 2030s, while also applying the concept of the Alcubierre warp bubble, which bends spacetime around a ship to achieve faster-than-light travel, the technique of "warp folding" is created, and the solar system, and the rest of the galaxy, become wide open. The second was an expansion of molecular assembly into fabricator technology, allowing for the legends of alchemy to come to life as atoms could be made into all sorts of new forms. World hunger became a thing of the past as atmospheric carbon dioxide was processed into food and tools. And the third came near the end of the century, when the first interstellar flight was made to survey the nearby Alpha Centauri system. What they found was another species, the feline Mreee, living on the more tropical planet of Wrraoll around Alpha Centauri B. After establishing a pair of colonies on the moons Nessus and Pholus around the gas giant Chiron, the only planet of Alpha Centauri A, mainkind united with the Mreee. The Mreee were uplifted from a society on the cusp of their own Industrial Revolution and formed the Interstellar Confederation with the humans. Over the next century and a half, five more races would be inducted into the Confederation, but humanity would be a major member of Confederate society.
Now, in 2341, to celebrate 150 years of stability and strength, the Confederation has launched its latest ship, the [i]CNS Magellan[/i], a top-of-the-line cruiser, as a symbol of peace and as an exploratory vessel to discover new worlds and serve as emissaries of the Confederation. This ship would contain some new prototype technology and be crewed by some of the finest in the Confederate Navy. However, on its maiden voyage, the Magellan discovers a strange artifact and is sucked into the artifact, where they are subsequently attacked and crash-land in what is revealed to be a Dyson Sphere. With 40% of the crew dead, and the ship crippled, the survivors must figure out a way to get home while still dealing with the alien interior of the massive habitat. Players would be the crew, and I would be the GM. As their is a potential for your character to die, multiple characters are encouraged.
[/quote][quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1357944259' post='6118430']
>.> Me and Dwarven king have been planning a similar RP for a few weeks now. Though the plot is slightly different. v.v
[/quote]
Combine ideas and three-way hosting!?!?!?!

Ahh, I wish it could be so. But our RPs do differ quite heavily in the main plot. It's merely the idea that is similar, the settings and stuff. Futuristic, aliens, spaceship setting, involving the players being a crew and some sort of galatic alliance thing and stuff like that. the plot is quite different though. So it would appear that I would have to decline.

And you dont seem to need my input anyway, your idea seems great.

[quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1357951119' post='6118537']
Well, I have an overarching idea and the lore down, but I need help filling in the gaps as to who and what the [i]Magellan[/i] crew runs into.
[/quote]

Maybe an extremely-advanced alien race [color=white]that's actually humanity at their peak of evolution, although neither are aware of this.[/color]

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1357960366' post='6118618']
Maybe an extremely-advanced alien race [color=white]that's actually humanity at their peak of evolution, although neither are aware of this.[/color]
[/quote]

That sounds cliché.

Maybe they're stuck in an asteroid belt/meteor shower and have to find a way out before their ship gets hit. Or even a black hole or a worm hole :3

[quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1357968278' post='6118709']
Admiral, you did read that they get trapped in a Dyson Sphere, right?
[/quote]

If you didn't just have one big-ass wall of text I would've. It's your own fault for not paragraphing <_<

Anyway, instead of that; we can either go with MI's new idea, or we can have the Dyson Sphere beginning to explode, sending debris around the crew as it does. Kinda like the meteor shower thing I was originally going with except it fits the scenario way better.

[s]Or maybe even both[/s]... nah, that would be stupid...

I had an idea for a high fantasy RP. I'll just put it here.
[hr]Welcome to the land of Soltaera, the land where the Sun never sets, for even it bows before the authority of the God King, the immortal ruler who held a once-thought unbreakable dominion over the sunlit lands. For countless generations, the mortal races of Soltaera were under the oppression of the fair Alfar race, a race of lesser gods who could wield the power of the Sun itself, but this hold was broken as five people, who became known as the Five Archmagi, discovered the power to seal away the Inner Kingdom of the Alfar, Alfheimr, and its power, and restore freedom to races of Soltaera.

Giant obsidian swords fell from the heavens, forming a perfect circle around Alfheimr and barring both entrance and escape. A heavy fog descended, doubling the defense, and any who dared enter the fog were never seen again.

With their power flow removed, the Alfar no longer walked as gods among men, and for once in untold millennia, the other races held power over them. Despite being better trained in combat, the other races overwhelmed them with sheer numbers and unbridled rage and hate for their slavers. Some Alfar were made into slaves, some were simply slain on the spot, however many got away, disguising themselves or just avoiding the other races and straying from civilization.

Twenty years have passed since the Seal, the mortal races of Soltaera have started to gather themselves, mostly banding together by their race and kin, but progress is terribly slow as most were uneducated slaves and soon, without the God King’s tight leash over them, wars and conflicts broke out. The races had begun to starve and so squabbled over land and resources.

Another factor was thrown in, something foreign, something that the God King had forbidden access to during his reign: Magic. As the races discovered their held innate powers, the chaos and casualties grew. People could now be clicked with a single snap of one’s fingers or with a mere flick of one’s wand.

The Five Archmagi themselves were divided. Three of them each decided to use their power and influence over the people and try to seize of Soltaera, each creating their own armies who killed and died in their names, while one of them, Darias Foil, decided to try to stop the violence and the last, Argent Friedas, decided to avoid the violence altogether and created sanctuaries and schools for people to live in peace and mature their magical talents.

But war raged on. The situation was getting worse as the people’s desperation grew. Food was scarce as few remained to tend to farms, joining the armies instead. Darias, known as Arch-Paladin Foil, efforts were in vain, the war showed no sign of stopping, no sign of slowing, even, and if anything, it was getting worse. Argent, or Dean Friedas as he was called, was flooded with more people than he could hope to house or feed.
Then, something incredible happened. Someone came out from the fog, from Alfheimr, brilliant light heralding his entrance. A young Alfar boy, in his early teens, with incredible magical power, singularly greater than even that of the Archmagi themselves, walked out of the Inner Kingdom despite the Seal...
[center]--------------------------------------[/center]
Soon after, a call echoed throughout the land, heard by all. “Come, children of the Sun! And come all who are yet still loyal!” it cried. “In three weeks, come to the venerable city of Haven and we shall restore order to the world! We shall restore the glory of the God King and break thy walls around the Homeland.”

The tumult that followed this announcement was incredible. Someone had come from within Alfheimr and had come with the intent of restoring the God King to power. There were mixed reactions, some tired of the incessant war and hoped for the God King to return and bring it to a stop, however, others argued against it, they refused to submit once more to the God King’s tyranny.

What do you choose? Will you choose oppression or war? Will you submit or fight forever on?
[hr]What do you think?

TFF and Aix I like both of your ideas, and I would join them if they turned into RPs.

TFF I have a few questions though, would the surviving crew use the ship's wreckage for a "base camp" or would they be nomadic, and have to scavenge for food? If they have to scavenge then maybe the crew could be divided, one having one plan and the other having another plan, and you would fight the enemy crew? Also what would the state of ship and its facilities be?

Archived