Newb Defense League IV

Tormented

*Neck-deep in unofficial rulings*

Does anyone here know whether "Doppelganger's" effect is simultaneous with the damage you take? As in, when you take the damage, your opponent takes "Doppelganger's"; or do you have to take the damage [i]then[/i] "Doppelganger" triggers?

Also, still not sure which of Aki's personalities to use. The original, 4Kids, or the one that appeared in my original WC09 fics...

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In ruling questions, I usually go ask evilfusion, as he seems to know alot about that....You do to, but if you struggle in it, I'd go ask him, say I sent ya, and or just ask politely and he'll tell you. If I was even up to date in yugioh, I'd might be able to help you, but I stopped making cards long time ago and went back to my old roots in making custom animals and etc....Anyone know where I can get high quality renders without longing in of these animes?

Inuyasha
Beyblade Masters

Legend of Korra

Pokemon
Deul Masters
All yugioh series - Characters and Monsters
canines-anime
felines-anime

But all would need to be renders and I don't need to log in or do some silly survey each time to view it.....

I'm going to try WC11 and a friend who's a YGO judge; he might know.

Also, here's the intro of this new fic. See if I've lost all of my writing talent...

[spoiler=[b]What You Have Lost[/b]]
The fog hung thick over the Izayoi mansion, the intruder moving un-noticed towards it. Kieran removed his helmet, allowing him to squint in the dim light and see the duel runner he sought. Bloody Kiss was an unsuitable name, he thought; at least for its rider’s new-found meekness. He looked back at his runner, Invictus, still baring the scars of the failed ritual. He touched the runner, and it surged into life, the Momentum in his body still being able to affect objects. As his false mark flared, he heard movement inside the house. Stepping away, the runner’s engine cut out and his mark dimmed. A lock was undone, and a torch shone in his direction.

“Who are you?!” A voice declared.
“You don’t recognise me, Black Rose Witch?” Kieran answered, turning to face the source of the light, Aki Izayoi.
“No! What are you doing here?”
“I wouldn’t expect you to; it’s been so long since we faced each other. Perhaps this will refresh your memory…” Kieran’s duel disk activated, and projected a two-storey-high image of ‘Caius the Shadow Monarch’. “Possibly the only monster to defeat the Witch, aside from ‘Stardust Dragon’ of course.”
“I know you… You’re the one who had…a mark! But Godwin didn’t summon you to the temple…”
“You mean this?” Kieran tensed as he forced his mark to glow, the dull red light casting bizarre shadows. “A botched experiment: that’s what this is. A reminder of the five lives destroyed by it. I am not a Signer…at least not in the same way you are.”
“I don’t understand…”
“That is irrelevant. I am here to help you. I saw you fail to use your powers when your runner was sabotaged.”
“Yes…they’re disappearing. I’m becoming…normal, at last.”

“Something that has dire consequences, I’m afraid.” Kieran’s eyes narrowed. “A greater threat to this city is approaching. I don’t know what it is, but I know it involves the Momentum Reactor. My mark can tell me that.”
“What does this have to do with my powers?”
“You’ll need them to survive this new danger. If you lose them, you’ll perish with the rest.”
“Why are you telling me all this? And why do you care? It’s been a year since our duel.”
“You showed me the key to unleashing my powers in a duel: anger, fear, contempt. Negative emotions that could consume you projected onto your foe. That is the one thing that allowed me to survive. Consider this me repaying me debt.”
“So that’s it? Telling me that I’ll need my powers in the future?”
“Not at all. Tomorrow night, we will duel, and you’ll defend yourself against me. I shall launch all of my powers at you, and if you wish to win, you’ll need to equal and overwhelm me.”
“This is stupid. What makes you think I’ll turn up?”
“You’ve faced death before. You know the pain it causes. You’ll want the ability to prevent that. Human nature, plain and simple.”

With that, Kieran returned to his runner and rode into the night, the fog swirling in his wake.

[/spoiler]

[quote name='Max Darkness' timestamp='1345067622' post='6007565']
I'm going to try WC11 and a friend who's a YGO judge; he might know.

Also, here's the intro of this new fic. See if I've lost all of my writing talent...

[spoiler=[b]What You Have Lost[/b]]
The fog hung thick over the Izayoi mansion, the intruder moving un-noticed towards it. Kieran removed his helmet, allowing him to squint in the dim light and see the duel runner he sought. Bloody Kiss was an unsuitable name, he thought; at least for its rider’s new-found meekness. He looked back at his runner, Invictus, still baring the scars of the failed ritual. He touched the runner, and it surged into life, the Momentum in his body still being able to affect objects. As his false mark flared, he heard movement inside the house. Stepping away, the runner’s engine cut out and his mark dimmed. A lock was undone, and a torch shone in his direction.

“Who are you?!” A voice declared.
“You don’t recognise me, Black Rose Witch?” Kieran answered, turning to face the source of the light, Aki Izayoi.
“No! What are you doing here?”
“I wouldn’t expect you to; it’s been so long since we faced each other. Perhaps this will refresh your memory…” Kieran’s duel disk activated, and projected a two-storey-high image of ‘Caius the Shadow Monarch’. “Possibly the only monster to defeat the Witch, aside from ‘Stardust Dragon’ of course.”
“I know you… You’re the one who had…a mark! But Godwin didn’t summon you to the temple…”
“You mean this?” Kieran tensed as he forced his mark to glow, the dull red light casting bizarre shadows. “A botched experiment: that’s what this is. A reminder of the five lives destroyed by it. I am not a Signer…at least not in the same way you are.”
“I don’t understand…”
“That is irrelevant. I am here to help you. I saw you fail to use your powers when your runner was sabotaged.”
“Yes…they’re disappearing. I’m becoming…normal, at last.”

“Something that has dire consequences, I’m afraid.” Kieran’s eyes narrowed. “A greater threat to this city is approaching. I don’t know what it is, but I know it involves the Momentum Reactor. My mark can tell me that.”
“What does this have to do with my powers?”
“You’ll need them to survive this new danger. If you lose them, you’ll perish with the rest.”
“Why are you telling me all this? And why do you care? It’s been a year since our duel.”
“You showed me the key to unleashing my powers in a duel: anger, fear, contempt. Negative emotions that could consume you projected onto your foe. That is the one thing that allowed me to survive. Consider this me repaying me debt.”
“So that’s it? Telling me that I’ll need my powers in the future?”
“Not at all. Tomorrow night, we will duel, and you’ll defend yourself against me. I shall launch all of my powers at you, and if you wish to win, you’ll need to equal and overwhelm me.”
“This is stupid. What makes you think I’ll turn up?”
“You’ve faced death before. You know the pain it causes. You’ll want the ability to prevent that. Human nature, plain and simple.”

With that, Kieran returned to his runner and rode into the night, the fog swirling in his wake.

[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Intresting... So its a kind of 5D's follow on story? How ingenious.

And though I don't think I've read any of your other stuff, I like this already. plus it will be nice to see something else in creative writing. Nothing much seems to happen in there other than seemingly constant bumping.

[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1345068017' post='6007568']
Intresting... So its a kind of 5D's follow on story? How ingenious.

And though I don't think I've read any of your other stuff, I like this already. plus it will be nice to see something else in creative writing. Nothing much seems to happen in there other than seemingly constant bumping.
[/quote]

Most of what I write is set during the filler at the start of the Infinity storyarc using the characters from the 'World Championship' games.

Thanks for looking it over. It's good to know I can still write.

[quote name='Toot.' timestamp='1345070900' post='6007604']
Anyone know how to make Photons? I don't want to wing it, I want something that might work lol.
[/quote]

They like running Galaxy Eyes, and Skill drain eque cards, due to quite a few negative drawbacks on some cards. Generally a win condition invloves getting Neo Galaxy eyes out. General light support is handy, and running Photon Sanctuary helps get Galaxy out very, very quickly. That and they are getting lots of support out soon, which will make them better. Lots better.

That's my knowledge of them. I could probably mock up a build, but it would suck.

[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1345151911' post='6008388']
No... But it probably what they'll do next.
[/quote]What would the retarded offspring be called? lol

[quote name='Serenade' timestamp='1345152019' post='6008392']
Xyzs and Synchros made me stop playing YuGiOh.
[/quote]It makes me want to quit sometimes as well... but there a few that are good...

Archived