|_) The Digital Revolution (_|

Mugendramon

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, I believe we're in desperate need for a conversation topic, as this clearly isn't going to go anywhere with the Hunt alone. The main issue I wanted to discuss was on the unfinished and undeveloped concepts behind Adventure 02.

As you all ought to know, the show ended rather abruptly, with the death of the reincarnated Myotismon.

But, what happened to all of those other dark Digimon, who invaded the world shortly before Myotismon reappeared? Daemon, LadyDevimon, MarineDevimon and SkullSatamon; these four randomly showed up randomly and decided to attack the city.

They were defeated by the children's DNA digivolutions, with the exception of Daemon who was banished into what he called "Dagomon's Ocean".

What was with those four, to you? Where could their plot have gone? And what about the theory introduced in that same season, which stated that there were many, possibly unlimited parallel worlds?

[quote name='Hydra of Infernals' timestamp='1348120253' post='6028498']
Well, obviously the parallel worlds theory was expanded on in Hunters, and it seems to be just what we think it is; at the very least, the digital worlds of every series are somehow connected to eachother, and beings with enough power can pierce the veil between them.
[/quote]

This is an interesting bit. Given that the worlds are all connected one way or another, their influence towards the others DURING their shows is entirely possible, albeit improbable. This was somehow explored in the V-Tamer manga, where in four instances a character has leapt over from another continuity to help Manga Tai. And with [i]anime [/i]Tai being the first of these instances, the fact that these universes are parallel and their plots happen at roughly the same time.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1348119842' post='6028497']
Sorry if I can't help much with conversation topics.

All I remember from that episode was "ONE MILLION POINTS OF LIGHT"
[/quote]

That's fine, really; as long as you try out the riddles sometime.

Remember the Primary Riddles (Like the one in orange), only give away a thread or section in the forum. You have to guess which thread/forum it is, and you get to hunt.

[color=#ff8c00]Um.... I think it was actually a result of them having less time then they figured. [/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Since otherwise they would have probbably would not have tried to introduce a new antagonist, atleast not without making him show up earlier. [/color]

The idea was that Daemon wanted to steal the Dark Seeds, but his raid was spoiled by the meddling children.

They did the best they could with what little time the found out they had, honestly.

And also BlackWarGremymon coming back for no properly elaborated reason was stupid and could have perfectly well never happened with no complication whatsoever.

02's presentation was so rushed and jumbled that it's honestly kinda sad to view the finished whole, especially with the piecemeal english translation. So sad, in fact, that it led to my favourite game of the old thread- it was called Let's Fix 02.

The rules are pretty simple. You just write how you would fix the plot of 02 to be better. C'mon, I'll even start us off- instead of shoehorning Davis in as the leader character, put TK as the boss of the group, as it were. It makes thematic sense, after all- most of his character development in the first season was him learning that he actually wanted to contribute and help the others, and even more than that, that he was [i]capable [/i]of pitching in himself. The natural progression of his character is to have him actually in a position of power, then grapple with that responsibility. Heck, they went halfway with that theme anyway- who had the better confrontation with Ken, Davis or TK?

I'd also have focused more on the theme of the kid's own thoughts starting to mould the digital world itself. It was briefly introduced with the fact their clothing changed to reflect their active thoughts, implied to be behind how the Emperor got so much power, then was promptly dropped after the third episode or so (only to be unceremoniously brought back as a[i] Deus ex Machina [/i]for the finale). That could have been an interesting theme, the formerly mish-mash chaotic world of the Digital World slowly being 'tainted', for lack of a better word, as more and more humans come into direct contact with it.

Hm...

Dagomon's Ocean needs a little more [i]depth[/i] if you catch my drift.

By the time 02 ended, all the information we had on that place was that Control Spires (Or in the original version, Dark Towers) originated from here, and that it was the source of the original D-3. Furthermore, this seemed to be a place of Darkness in its purest of forms, as seen by how the Divermon were really "shadows" taking Divermon appearances due to the restrictions imposed on them by the spirals.

For one reason or another, Daemon was [i]afraid[/i] of Dagomon's Ocean, despite being a Dark Digimon himself. According to the children's guesses, this place could keep him trapped- which makes no proper sense, if you think about it. The ocean required Dark Energy to be opened, and that was achieved pretty easily by Ken, albeit that taxing his mind greatly and requiring moral support from the rest of the main cast.

And, for a little extra development on the matter, the children should have [i]purposely[/i] visited the enclave at least once, to not leave it as "The place where we sealed a seemingly ancient arcane evil but we have absolutely no knowledge of besides the fact that we don't want to go there".

I've never got the chance to watch any proper subs of Digimon except for Xros Wars and Hunters, so I only know about Daemon's feelings from the dub. However if they are the same then the reason he was afraid of going to the dark ocean was because he could only open portals between the Human and Digital Worlds, he had no control over the Dark Ocean. Also the Daemon Corps were destroyed so they don't matter, but I reckon with Dagomon and enough time he could have easily penetrated back into either of the other worlds.

I agree with Broken about the groups. Unfortunately I think that any series that had the Demon Lords in would be over shadowed by them because of their Arch Villain status. However any of the other groups would be quite impressive in a series. I would love to be given some reason for the Four Great Dragons.

Sorry for the Double Post, but I felt this warranted it.

[url="http://www.sabanbrands.com/pdfs/Digimon_Acquisition_Release.pdf"]http://www.sabanbran...ion_Release.pdf[/url]

[img]http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/5/5c/Digimon_Fusion_t.jpg[/img]

[s]Xros Wars[/s] Sorry Fusion will be getting an english language release!

[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1348691673' post='6032719']
I... sort of expected that name.

I'm not going to go read an article, so please do tell, who is making said dub?
[/quote]

Saban Brands.

I personally don't care who dubs it as long as its dubbed. I'm too lazy read subtitles, so I haven't seen Xros Wars, if you didn't know.

Archived