League of Legends

Shrekstasy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The attack damage you get from the hybrid items I don't think covers up the amount of damage you would lose from not going straight AP, but if it is working out for you then continue on.

EDIT: Just did approximate math. The damage drop-off from the typical TF build to the build you listed is quite a lot. If you still want to continue to run hybrid Twisted Fate I would recommend dropping Phantom Dancer and grabbing Nashor's Tooth if you want to keep the attack speed, but if you want more damage grab a Rabadon's. I noticed that you are running both Trinity Force and Lichbane; however their passive "Spellblade" does not stack. For damage purposes I would drop Trinity Force and grab Rabadon's if you wanted to get rid of Phantom Dancer for Nashor;s Tooth. Other good items to fill the void would be Zhonya's, Rylai's or Void Staff. If you are having survivability problems in team fights get a Warmog's/Guardian Angel.

Alot of AP TFs damage comes from his pick a card. People always underestimate the damage it does. Im not a big fan of AD TF, There are other champions who can do what AD tf does better. AP tf on the other hand is a powerhouse and probably the best AP mid in the game right now. Infinite mana, huge burst damage with lichbane and incredible map presence with his ult. Hybrid TF just takes away from his potential damage for some extra pushing power (tf is naturally a strong split pusher, AP or otherwise) Not really worth it IMO.

Alot of AP TFs damage comes from his pick a card. People always underestimate the damage it does. Im not a big fan of AD TF, There are other champions who can do what AD tf does better. AP tf on the other hand is a powerhouse and probably the best AP mid in the game right now. Infinite mana, huge burst damage with lichbane and incredible map presence with his ult. Hybrid TF just takes away from his potential damage for some extra pushing power (tf is naturally a strong split pusher, AP or otherwise) Not really worth it IMO.

The only problem I really have with AP TF is that after I use my W and Q, my auto attacks don't do enough to finish the job if there are still enemies around. With Hybrid, I don't run into that problem as often, but I take longer to get started.

Also, I tried what Achacia said. My current hybrid build is Berserker Boots, Guinsoo's, Lich Bane, Rabadoodle, Nashor's Tooth, and Banshee's Veil, Hourglass, or Guardian Angel.

The only problem I really have with AP TF is that after I use my W and Q, my auto attacks don't do enough to finish the job if there are still enemies around. With Hybrid, I don't run into that problem as often, but I take longer to get started.

Also, I tried what Achacia said. My current hybrid build is Berserker Boots, Guinsoo's, Lich Bane, Rabadoodle, Nashor's Tooth, and Banshee's Veil, Hourglass, or Guardian Angel.

Ah, I missed this post. Instead of Berserker's get Sorc shoes. The additional attack speed isn't that much to do anything really. If you really are bent on having some form of hybrid, I would suggest dropping the hybrid items and going for hybrid penetration marks so you will have all of your AP damage but you will also have some armor pen.

What's your username? I'm looking to play with more people while my other friends are not online. I can play any role really so you won't have to worry about me taking what you want. My username is Hjalmarr, even though  said that a couple posts ago.

Tried Cait.

Awesome ADC. Definatly the next champ I'm buying~

When I use cait I usually go doran blade, boots of speed, blade of the ruined king, zeal into phantom dancer, then warmog/last whisper

Anyway, got into this about 2 weeks ago. It's really nice, reached lv 11, using AP twisted fate, Junglesticks, AP master yi, and AD caitlyn, add me if you want :D

When I use cait I usually go doran blade, boots of speed, blade of the ruined king, zeal into phantom dancer, then warmog/last whisper

Anyway, got into this about 2 weeks ago. It's really nice, reached lv 11, using AP twisted fate, Junglesticks, AP master yi, and AD caitlyn, add me if you want :D

You should really only get Blade of the Ruined King if they are building lots of health, it is ot the best item to rush. You need to get Bloodthirster and Infinity Edge cause they are your main source of damage. Berserker's Greaves is better than Boots of Speed on an ADC.

What's your name on League?

Dorans are super cost effective early game. If your lane is equal or if your a little behind buying 1-2 dorans will give you a huge boost early game.

There not worth grabbing as your first item anymore though except maybe a D sheild if you're toplane shen or rumble. some champion with a cheap spammable shield.

You should really only get Blade of the Ruined King if they are building lots of health, it is ot the best item to rush. You need to get Bloodthirster and Infinity Edge cause they are your main source of damage. Berserker's Greaves is better than Boots of Speed on an ADC.

The new standard build for AD carry is BotRK into IE then whatever you want after that. IE+BotRK is more damage and gold efficient than any other two item combo right now.

The new standard build for AD carry is BotRK into IE then whatever you want after that. IE+BotRK is more damage and gold efficient than any other two item combo right now.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, is that partly do to the new changes to BotRK? Didn't realize people weren't rushing BT anymore.

Yea, the additional attack speed on it pretty much made it the defacto AD item. It has (almost) every stat you could want on an early game item plus the Hp% damage is so good late game. Getting IE second gives you ridiculous damage since it scales so well with AS.

Huh, BOTRK is getting nerfed just a few days after being buffed

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35267019#35267019

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=10697886

Well that was fast.

IllusoryLumines >_> Yeah infinity edge sounds better than phantom dancer.

Huh, BOTRK is getting nerfed just a few days after being buffed

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35267019#35267019

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=10697886

Well that was fast.

IllusoryLumines >_> Yeah infinity edge sounds better than phantom dancer.

You always need to get Infinity Edge first over Phantom Dancer.  The amount of damage it gives, along with its powerful passive for boosting crit damage is essential.  Phantom Dancer or Statikk Shiv is usually bought afterwards, because attack speed is useless without the damage to back it up.

If you're playing an adc:

Boots, x3 health pots to start

Vamp Scepter for sustain, and Berserker's Greaves when possible

BotRK or Bloodthirster.  Health stacking meta demands you buy BotRK first, though.

Infinity Edge.

Phantom Dancer or Statikk Shiv.

Guardian Angel for survivability.

If the enemy team is stacking armor, then either Last Whisper or Black Cleaver.  (Miss Fortune with Black Cleaver is scary).

Archived