What the Forum (emphasis on) Needs!

Legend Zero

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest intro page (like they have on DN), a music player (users can upload and delete up to 10 songs for a playlist) and, a user's profile song (like on DN) I know more coding work and doesnt do munch but make the site slightly cooler right?

Any one have a new features or events they would like to suggest?

[quote name='Garthfunkle Vii Backwards' timestamp='1352423543' post='6064295']
I suggest intro page (like they have on DN), a music player (users can upload and delete up to 10 songs for a playlist) and, a user's profile song (like on DN) I know more coding work and doesnt do munch but make the site slightly cooler right?

Any one have a new features or events they would like to suggest?
[/quote]
So we should make this myspace?

Seems completely extraneous. Everyone here has music players of some sort, intro page is the card maker, and a profile song seems like it'd cause more issues than its worth.

[quote name='Reborn Black' timestamp='1352424555' post='6064314']

Seems completely extraneous. Everyone here has music players of some sort, intro page is the card maker, and a profile song seems like it'd cause more issues than its worth.
[/quote]

I agree with you on most of those, but I think there's a plug in for the music on the profile page. I could be wrong...

[quote name='Reborn Black' timestamp='1352424555' post='6064314']

[/quote]

More like DN Forums not myspace

Think of my suggestion like giving the site spinners and woofer/speakers

First off, what you just described is DN being like MySpace, thus proving what I said.

Secondly, you seem to not understand what this thread is for. It's not a general suggestion thread to "pimp out" YCM, or whatever you want to call it. The word in the title, with emphasis added, is "needs". What does the forum [i]need[/i]?

Don't use this thread to try to make the site flashier, use it to make the forums smooth and working as they should. We've only had the ability to change the site for just over a week, so please, use some common sense, and only tell us what issues need to be addressed, what sub forums should be created/done away with, and stuff like that.

Hell, Pika and Yankee are the ones carrying most of the workload. I'll admit, I've not really done anything beyond decision making in this, but the least I can do is keep people from turning this into "Pimp my YCM", because I am more than sure that these completely extraneous suggestions do nothing but mire the process and/or annoy the people actually doing the work. Unless a member of the staff brings up stuff to increase the "visual appeal" of the site (IE: The shop, Profile BGs), please don't use this thread to bring up how you think we should make the forum flashier.

[quote name='Reborn Black' timestamp='1352427701' post='6064351']
First off, what you just described is DN being like MySpace, thus proving what I said.

Secondly, you seem to not understand what this thread is for. It's not a general suggestion thread to "pimp out" YCM, or whatever you want to call it. The word in the title, with emphasis added, is "needs". What does the forum [i]need[/i]?

Hell, Pika and Yankee are the ones carrying most of the workload. I'll admit, I've not really done anything beyond decision making in this, but the least I can do is keep people from turning this into "Pimp my YCM", because I am more than sure that these completely extraneous suggestions do nothing but mire the process and/or annoy the people actually doing the work.
[/quote]

First O.K. eehh!

Second the whole "pimp" part of your response kinda gives off some borderline racial undertone but, I could be wrong!

We need new blood on ycm! (getting some of the older members back!) so I was suggesting some new features to help attract new users, if you do not like the ideas Reborn Black that's fine.

Someone gotta come up with some new ideas for the site! and if you wanna keep shooting down ideas no one will want to pitch new ideas to this thread!

[Spoiler=Reborn Black!]
Rule of Thumb!:
When you are in a situation where ideas are being pitched to one and anthor, even if you do not like the idea
DO NOT SHOOT IT DOWN!
just say/type "we will keep the idea open for later debate" or something like that! make the guy who pitch it feel slightly better than some one who "simon cow" their idea! if enough people vote against the idea then the "I's" have it.
Case Closed
Some admin that just keep shooting ideas will slow the process of pitching ideas

HOPE THIS HELPS!
[/Spoiler]

Garthfunkle, please shut it.

We will not even consider making this forum into DN forums. If it is so much better then go there, because here and there are two different places. This thread, as stated by Black and me, is to update the basics of this site. We will not even consider pointless changes to this site, especially ones that try to mimic a site who has completely different goals from YCM.

Also, the amount of "I's" will never have it, because YCM is not a democracy. We will not keep the idea open for debate, because the debate/topic is about easy/required changes to the forum. And yes, we mods will keep shutting down ideas if they are dumb, hoping that people won't bring them back up.

Case Closed.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1352431521' post='6064392']
Garthfunkle, please shut it.

We will not even consider making this forum into DN forums. If it is so much better then go there, because here and there are two different places. This thread, as stated by Black and me, is to update the basics of this site. We will not even consider pointless changes to this site, especially ones that try to mimic a site who has completely different goals from YCM.

Also, the amount of "I's" will never have it, because YCM is not a democracy. We will not keep the idea open for debate, because the debate/topic is about easy/required changes to the forum. And yes, we mods will keep shutting down ideas if they are dumb, hoping that people won't bring them back up.

Case Closed.
[/quote]

This thread is all ready slowing down but, the work that has all ready put in to the site is pretty good so-far!

[b]Uniform theme:[/b]

I don't know anything about programming or anything so I wouldn't know where to begin there. I assume Yankee could look into it. I'll bring it up at the next klan rally.

[b]Rule Change/Debates in General:[/b]

I believe debates are allowed in General, but I'm not 100 percent positive on it. More like... 70-ish percent sure. Give LZ a call.

[b]Make this site some kind of dumb DN thing:[/b]

Again, I don't know much about programming but even if it were possible it would be pretty damn tacky looking IMO.

A fancy song and a duel thing using flash or whatever are fine for DN. It works for them, because their primary thing is to get people dueling. This is a forum. Our primary thing is to get people posting. Those are two... pretty much fundamentally different sites.

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1352432076' post='6064404']
[b]Rule Change/Debates in General:[/b]

I believe debates are allowed in General, but I'm not 100 percent positive on it. More like... 70-ish percent sure. Give LZ a call.
[/quote]
Since I am/was the mod of general I would be fine to have it. Just keep it civil and what not.

[quote name='Tama the Chibi Sage' timestamp='1352453709' post='6064559']
It appears that you can no longer get notified for reps you've gotten. Is there any way to fix that?
[/quote]Doubtful. There's now a "Reputation" tab on your Profile, instead.

Everything's working now. Regardless of if you edit your sig or not.

I was screwing around with spoilers because I'm an idiot and borked them. They're fixed now.

[spoiler]I was trying to see if I could make the spoiler not need a title so you wouldn't end up with crap like this.[/spoiler]

I mean, I'm still gonna try to do it, but just not right now because my internet is terrible here.

Archived