What the Forum (emphasis on) Needs!

Legend Zero

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1358361273' post='6122843']
I'd say make a topic in the Mod Forum if you haven't already.
[/quote]
I haven't.

Ehhh... I just don't see the point to it. Mods wanna give their opinion? They can give it in public, in this topic. The only reason I can imagine they wouldn't is because they don't wanna seem like an asshole mod or something, but if they're not doing it for a reason they can explain then... if the shoe fits. =\

[quote]Hatcher's not telling you to open your own topics after a mod has closed it. It's for situations where you locked your own topic and you want to open it again, however, you will also gain the ability to reopen locks made by mods, but the fact that you are an advanced member should make it so that you don't do something stupid like that, if you did, they could just warn/ban you anyway.[/quote]

Wait... what? You're just repeating what he's saying. >_>

tl;dr -

There's an option that says: "Members in this group can lock/unlock their own topics: [ ] Yes [X] No"

Switch it to yes? If it's switched to yes, members with 5000+ posts can lock their own topics quicker if they accidentally double post or something. Members can also be dicks and open topics that mods rightfully locked because they believed it violated the rules, but don't be a dick because we'll punish you.

Yes? No? Maybe so?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say no. Yes, I'm denying you guys power...mostly because I don't like you. :<

But seriously, there doesn't seem to be a need for us to do it. We (the mods) are all very easy to contact and understanding enough to do it. Also, I doubt that anyone's thread is so important that it needs to be unlocked ASAP, requiring the thread creator to do it. However, if a thread is so important that it does require that kind of attention then I have two pieces of advice:

1. No, it isn't
2. That kind of importance should be by a mod anyway

I don't agree with your idea. It just seems... Irresponsible to give that much power to people. If you could do it by a member-to-member basis then maybe I could agree, but... Not every Advanced Member should have that power, and there are surely lower level members who would deserve it, but can't get it because it takes forever to go from 1000 to 5000 nowadays.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1358388146' post='6123374']
[size=7][b]THIS IS OF HIGH IMPORTANCE[/b][/size]
[/quote]

Even things of small importance are fine to get done and out of the way. -_-

On-topic: It works for me. Or for Legend Louise, I guess. What part wasn't working? Did it ban for too long? Did it ban for not long enough? What part needs to be fixed in the Ban Yourself item? Have you tried maybe... using it? (Like, before you went to sleep?)

On-another-topic: Okay so we're all pretty torn on giving the power to lock/unlock topics to mere mortals, right? That's fine and understandable.

How about lowering the price of close-your-topics? Or does no one even remotely care about those? I mean, you can always just report your own post or you can save us the trouble and close it yourself. But since you're saving us the trip... I dunno, it shouldn't really cost you that much IMO. > >

[size=3]I would agree with lowering the price. I mean, it seems a bit expensive. >>

About the Ban Yourself Items:
I used one cause I was curious, it banned me for a day rather then the hour.

BUT I DID GET A LOT DONE THAT DAY, SO IT WAS WORTH IT.[/size]

Well there's no point to this topic if we're just gonna do whatever I say. >_>

So then, assuming no one violently opposes. Close Your Own Topics are now 3 points as opposed to 10. There's a limit of 100 per day, but if you're really making over 100 topics per day and you think a 100 item limit would be a problem you should probably disconnect your internet.

Since we can't get a consensus on giving regular people lock/unlock powers we'll just keep all that the same.

OTHER RANDOM THINGS:

I had a thought a while back to split Realistic Cards into "Single Cards" and "Sets" and changing and combining Pop Culture and Any Other Cards to be less vague.

I keep trying to bring this up to the CC mods but they always either say something irrelevant or disappear for 8 days. I asked them for their input but they never give it.

So what say you YCM-kun?

do what eve you feel needed.
Just kidding actually Other Cards and Pop Culture together sounds nice, I always didn't really understand what "other cards" really meant, what makes it an other card? So simply having "this doesn't fit anything" section would be good. Now for Single Cards and Sets, is interesting. I think it's a good idea.

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1358433040' post='6123738']
Just buy 24 of the Ban For An Hour items.

OR JUST DON'T COME ONLINE FOR A DAY

on-topic: Lower the price of close topics to OH LETS SAY 5 points. Yes? No? Maybe?
[/quote]
Finally, someone makes sense. Can we just get rid of the Ban yourself item fully? It serves no use.
[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1358441447' post='6123841']
OTHER RANDOM THINGS:

I had a thought a while back to split Realistic Cards into "Single Cards" and "Sets" and changing and combining Pop Culture and Any Other Cards to be less vague.

I keep trying to bring this up to the CC mods but they always either say something irrelevant or disappear for 8 days. I asked them for their input but they never give it.

So what say you YCM-kun?
[/quote]
Wonderful.

Hey, um, I know this is not "important", but our club for a few months now has been Games, do to a Mod saying: "We get off topic too much."

[quote name='Mønkey' timestamp='1358448112' post='6123933']
Finally, someone makes sense. Can we just get rid of the Ban yourself item fully? It serves no use.

Hey, um, I know this is not "important", but our club for a few months now has been Games, do to a Mod saying: "We get off topic too much."
[/quote]
Uh, it obviously DOES serve a use. Not everyone has the control to go OKAY STOP YCM STUDY TIME. It's not hurting anyone that it's there, so it just serves as a way for people to push themselves off of YCM for a bit. Removing it because you don't feel it serves a purpose is a pretty bad reason when others appreciate its uses.

And Sugar Cube Corner is one of the worst spamholes C&O has produced, on par with things like the Random Club. Pretty sure it doesn't even desere post countless C&O.

Can't seem to combine Any Other and Pop Culture. =\

So for right now, it'll just be a subforum of one of them

---

Can we just get rid of the Ban yourself item fully? It serves no use.

I know it serves no use. Still a dumb fun little item. Doesn't harm anyone by it's existance, and might be slightly useful at some point.

Ehh... I personally don't see the point of moving it, since C&O and Games both have no post counts and no point counts. If Sugar Cube Corner or w/e was really as terrible as it was I'd have probably just locked it, or banned the ones spamming, or some other thing, not move it.

But I'm not the C&O or Games Mod, so what do I know? e_e

6h9Vv.jpg

C/P from what It gives me. The code looks good, so it should work.

ALSO, OT: I feel like Tutorials Shouldn't be in Q&H. Maybe in introductions, or separate from everything. I dunno, it might just be me, but it doesn't look right there. I forget it's there oftentimes...

Archived