What the Forum (emphasis on) Needs!

Legend Zero

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/293305-e-mail-spams-account-deletion/"] a guy who's never posted here got an automated email(s)[/url] telling him to come back to the forum and stuff. That's probably really annoying for people who've left/are lurkers/etc, so that probably ought to be eliminated if possible.

If I recall correctly, after a certain amount of time YCM deletes your account. The e-mail is a warning.

Basically, I don't care about people who aren't members of the community. They're free to remove their e-mail or change their e-mail or mark as spam.

[b]Change Deck to Deck Help[/b]

... Help isn't the main purpose though, as far as I know. You're free to "show off" your deck, and get comments on it. "Nice!" "Destiny Board + Crystal Beasts!? Brilliant idea!" etc etc.

Though if their deck is blatantly obviously bad and they're being a-holes about it, Jack Witt clause and all.

• 1 month later...

You now need at least one (1) post to post in this section. It's mostly so people don't make cards, see Xyz's don't exist, get upset, make an account, then put it up here as a comment or suggestion. I mean, we'll still probably get it though not as frequently. Also I really don't think your first post should be making a comment or suggestion on a board you don't know, but that's just me. =\

Subject to change... or something. >_>

---

Allegedly now you must wait 15 seconds between each post.

[i]allegedly[/i]

[quote name=' Tama the Chibi Sage' timestamp='1357815482' post='6117126']
Is there a way to make you able to go directly to a post that has been repped from the reputation bar? Right now it just goes to the start of the topic, which is a bit annoying.
[/quote]yes there is. If you mean in your profile, find your post, and click the number in the top right.

Don't know if this should be in a separate thread or if this is acceptable, but...

...the Introductions Forum should be higher up than where it usually is. This would probably give newer members an incentive to post a comment about themselves, seeing as how the Introductions Forum is staring them dead in the face, rather than people having to scroll down a lot. Seeming as how the idea is to increase activity and whatnot, it might be a good idea.

[/2:00inthemorningrant]

Suggestion:

Two of them.

First, drop the price of "close your topic" items to five or one or zero (and if it's zero, make a limit of a hundred a day or something). I can't really see any reason not to, other then people might "accidentally" close their own topics a bunch and become dumb idiots about it.

Second, let Advanced Members be able to close/open their own topics. It's a bit... controversial, mainly the second half. Opening their own topic after a mod closes it could be bad news bears. But primarily it would only be usable by Advanced Members who are less likely to be stupid children and would most likely use it for closing their own topics when they accidentally make two topics or when they finish an RP or when they finish a contest or something. It'd be faster then opening up the shop copypasting the url and all that other stuff you need to do to close a topic now but it'd also possibly be open for abuse if we allow them to re-open topics but lastly since it's only given to advanced members who have been here for a long while and know what's expected it might not be abused as much, if at all.

And before anyone asks, no you can't make lock/unlock powers separate for users, otherwise I would have done that instead of making an item. And also no, a moderator locking your topic isn't somehow "stronger" then a member locking or unlocking his own topic. If a mod locks your topic, you can still unlock it.

So like... yeah. Comments? Questions? Thoughts? Opinions?

Advanced Members being able to close their own topics could be fine. I wouldn't mind being able to reopen topics, but I feel like that would undermine the Mod's authority in unlocking it in the first place, since I can only imagine a Mod would have closed it for good reasons.
The one example I can think of where it wouldn't be abused were if say Rinne locked your CW topic because it didn't reach the word limit, then you decided to make it the proper length and then reopen it.
But for TCG topics, where some people can't come to a consensus where it was properly locked or not (thought I saw Sora complaining last night about a topic locked for no reason where other people said the card was broken), the TC could open it again and I can only imagine more shenanigans would take place as a result.

But yeah, I would not mind having that as an option, but I think it is something to seriously consider. I'd say make a topic in the Mod Forum if you haven't already.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1358361273' post='6122843']
Advanced Members being able to close their own topics could be fine. I wouldn't mind being able to reopen topics, but I feel like that would undermine the Mod's authority in unlocking it in the first place, since I can only imagine a Mod would have closed it for good reasons.
The one example I can think of where it wouldn't be abused were if say Rinne locked your CW topic because it didn't reach the word limit, then you decided to make it the proper length and then reopen it.
But for TCG topics, where some people can't come to a consensus where it was properly locked or not (thought I saw Sora complaining last night about a topic locked for no reason where other people said the card was broken), the TC could open it again and I can only imagine more shenanigans would take place as a result.

But yeah, I would not mind having that as an option, but I think it is something to seriously consider. I'd say make a topic in the Mod Forum if you haven't already.
[/quote]
Hatcher's not telling you to open your own topics after a mod has closed it. It's for situations where you locked your own topic and you want to open it again, however, you will also gain the ability to reopen locks made by mods, but the fact that you are an advanced member should make it so that you don't do something stupid like that, if you did, they could just warn/ban you anyway.

So I support this.

Archived