Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Tentacruel

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1357652387' post='6115117']
@previous-poster: Fire-Electric would make no sense, considering it would negate the advantage the Water-type starter would have over it (unless it's part-Ground).
[/quote]

Not necessarily. Water still hits SE on Fire/Electric, so it can still win if it has better stats.

As for Fennekin, I'm getting a Fire/Dark vibe from it for some reason. No idea why.

But anyway, I just wanna see what OU material they come up with. That's all I care about.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We already have a Grass/Ground starter, but looking at how the three latest Fire starters have been it's not impossible we get a Grass/Ground.

I think it will end up like this: Grass/Ground, Fire/Ghost and Water/Poison or Water/Fighting

[s]This would give the same effect as in the 4th generation where every starters secondary type have an advantage against the starter that it was initially weak against.[/s]

[b][u]EDIT:[/u] [/b]No it wouldn't I'm stupid.

[quote name='Wattcobra' timestamp='1357656030' post='6115148']
OMFGTHISLOOKSAMAZING.

OMFGTHISLOOKSAMAZING.
[/quote]What about writing something informative?

I'm personally existed since it was revealed on my birthday, and I played B&W (White specificly) and I actually enjoyed in more than I would think, so I still have faith in the Pokémon franchise. And this comes out this year, which is amazing just after 2 years, I guess they have been cooking this for a while. And the name? It's silly, but they have always had silly names, I think they actually make sense, since Black and White was contradictions, this may be too. Could be Female and Male? Maybe it's called because it's 3D? Who knows.

Also, my favorite is proably Fennekin, which I think it's gonna be the only pure type, where Frokie is gonna be Water/Ice and with Chespin I'm not sure either Grass/Poison or Grass/Ground.

So the X legendary looks like a bird and the Y legendary looks like the grandfather of the musketeer trio.
The water one is based on a frog
The fire one is based on a Fenec fox (they were popular during the 90's. I didn't know someone still remembered them).
The grass one is based in marihuana (chespi is a slang for marihuana, and the name of the pokemon has Mari in one of the languages)

EDIT:

The grass one seems very popular in pages based in my country.

There is already Rule 34 of at least 2 of the starters.

I'm sort of thinking the Fennekin line would be Fire/Psychic.

I'm not sure which starter I want to pick, I like the look of all of them. I guess I'll also have to wait until I see the evolutions.

As for the X legendary, it looks like it's got some sort of Yggdrasil thing going on.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1357657905' post='6115161']
Also, the Japanese logos for the games have a little dna helix, so I guess it's X/Y chromosomes or something?
[img]http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images/ib/60/1357647787007.png[/img]
[/quote]
I made a joke about chromosomes when I first say the name, but now I think I actually be right.

I think we can agree that we will probably end up with a Grass/Ground. That much looks obvious.
For Water it looks to be Water/Poison or Water Dark possibly.

Fire/Electric seems viable as well as Fire/Psychic. The only things close to these are Heat Rotom, Victini & Ninetails. So I'm cool with that. However fire Ghost might not happen because then it's too similar to the purpose of the aforementioned Ninetails. And not to mention how unfair Chandelure is. His typing makes him somewhat incredible in certain gyms, easy sweeps. A Steel, Grass, Fighting, Bug, & Normal Gym would just get destroyed by this. 5/8 gyms. That's a bit crazy. But hey let's see what they do. I do hope it's Electric/Psychic though and not Fighting... Psychic Might be the best fit though.

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1357652265' post='6115116']
I refer you to my Fire Psychic or Fire Electric typings. Or possibly Fire Poison. That'd be interesting.
[/quote]
It'd be more interesting to be a whole new type pairing, so I'd rather it be something other than Fire Psychic. Idk, Victini has it.
EDIT: Oh wait, Electric has also been used, so I guess I don't mind either way, a starter like either would be very interesting.

Well... I like the fire one the most so far, but I like the look of all of them.

I was actually surprised enough that Gen 5 was still DS, but then again, this is pretty fast. Can we get a 3DS RSE remake? =D

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1357659832' post='6115175']
I think we can agree that we will probably end up with a Grass/Ground. That much looks obvious.
For Water it looks to be Water/Poison or Water Dark possibly.

Fire/Electric seems viable as well as Fire/Psychic. The only things close to these are Heat Rotom, Victini & Ninetails. So I'm cool with that. However fire Ghost might not happen because then it's too similar to the purpose of the aforementioned Ninetails. And not to mention how unfair Chandelure is. His typing makes him somewhat incredible in certain gyms, easy sweeps. A Steel, Grass, Fighting, Bug, & Normal Gym would just get destroyed by this. 5/8 gyms. That's a bit crazy. But hey let's see what they do. I do hope it's Electric/Psychic though and not Fighting... Psychic Might be the best fit though.
[/quote]

theres 17 types and one of them (dark) hasnt even had a gym yet. theres no reason to assume all or even most of those 5 types will get a gym this generation.

and chandelure is unfair because of its ridiculous special attack stat. typing doesnt have as much to do with it.

Leaning towards getting Y, but I usually base my decision off of what the exclusives are. Not sure if I will emulate or buy a second hand 3DS. The game does excite me to the point where actually holding the game seems worth it...its the 3DS that isn't worth it.

Also, Fire Starter is so cute. <3

i cant emulate well because my only computer is a laptop so if i wanna get it i gotta buy a 3ds. though my birthday is in april so maybe i can ask for one *fingers crossed*

i would really like to see a dark gym. especially if its the 8th gym. fully evolved dark types are pretty dang cool and that would be fun to play against

[quote name='-Berserker-' timestamp='1357656639' post='6115150']
There is already Rule 34 of at least 2 of the starters.
[/quote]

Jesus they work fast.

But yeah, this made my whole day. Now I'm pumped to go finish Black and Black 2 before these come in October.

I don't know which game will be my main version either, but I do know I'll start with the grass and fire starters then use Froakie whenever Z comes out.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1357662481' post='6115199']
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img28/3605/himmgcl4.gif[/img]

[code]http://imageshack.us/a/img28/3605/himmgcl4.gif[/code]

[img]http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif[/img]

[code]http://i.minus.com/iQk9WytB7nDc.gif[/code]
[/quote]I wish that first one didn't have that text. =o

Not that the video shouldn't have had it. Just in a different spot is my wish.

The grass starter looks derpy imo. It's almost like a fusion of Dewott and Pachirisu:
[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110528215534/pokemon/images/thumb/e/e4/502Dewott.png/131px-502Dewott.png[/img] + [img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090505212824/pokemon/images/thumb/f/f4/417Pachirisu.png/161px-417Pachirisu.png[/img] =
[img]http://i.imgur.com/NmOgG.jpg[/img]

I'm also thinking, on build alone, that the Fire starter will be the fastest and the Water starter being the slowest.

Chespin is super cute and I got a feeling that Ash will get that one in the anime, and it will annnoy the f*** out of him, it looks like that kind of Pokëmon :P
But I really like the design of Fennekin with those ear flames, so that's probably the one I'm gonna pick. I also don't personally care which version I get (if I can get my brother to lend me his 3DS).

Archived