Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Tentacruel

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just covered how being Z wouldn't make sense. It's not 100% impossible, but it has to do with chromosomes, so it's X and Y. It's not the letters, it's talking about the things that decide if you're male or female and other traits.

I don't see how Chrome makes any sense at all.

[quote name='Josh Black' timestamp='1357683190' post='6115509']
I don't see how Chrome makes any sense at all.[/quote]
Short for Chromosome? I dunno

Also, genetics for a theme seems iffy, since Gen 1 was already full of that(As I mentioned before)
[i]ALTHOUGH~[/i]
Gen 1 was all made-made, or at least, implied it.
So if Gen 6 is natural, that would be different.

Well, it goes like this:

Gen 1 - Evolution and SCIENCE!
Gen 2 - It has Ho-Oh and Lugia, which represent the dragon emperor of the sea and the... I forget the name, but a phoenix that never stops flying, burns away to ashes, and revives itself and other things in the ashes. I've heard comparisons to Seiryu and Suzaku, but it's a bit more of a stretch. Also seems to borrow from Shintoism.
Gen 3 - Hebrew legend. Leviathan, Behemoth, Golems, and a loosely based Ziz. The last of which is more arabic, though, I believe.
Gen 4 - Christian legend. God, Satan, 2 more "Archangels", and another trio that I forget the exact reasoning for.
Gen 5 - Taoism. IN AMERICA.
Gen 6 - Genetics + Celtic mythology. IN FRANCE.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1357683981' post='6115529']
Gen 7 - [insert noun here] IN SPACE [color=#696969]SPACE [/color][color=#A9A9A9]SPACE [/color][color=#D3D3D3]SPACE[/color]
[/quote] Maybe it could be on another planet, or on a giant space station like [i]Metroid [i]Fusion's Biological Space Laboratory (or whatever it was).[/i][/i]

[quote name='Josh Black' timestamp='1357683785' post='6115522']
Gen 2 - It has Ho-Oh and Lugia, which represent the dragon emperor of the sea and the... I forget the name, but a phoenix that never stops flying, burns away to ashes, and revives itself and other things in the ashes. I've heard comparisons to Seiryu and Suzaku, but it's a bit more of a stretch. Also seems to borrow from Shintoism.

[b]The word you're looking for is phoenix?[/b]

Gen 3 - Hebrew legend. Leviathan, Behemoth, Golems, and a loosely based Ziz. The last of which is more arabic, though, I believe.

[b]Nope. That's the trio. Behemoth, Leviathan, and Ziz. Land, sea, and sky.[/b]

Gen 4 - Christian legend. God, Satan, 2 more "Archangels", and another trio that I forget the exact reasoning for.

[b]Um... what so is Giratina Satan? This one makes a little less sense after Arceus.[/b]

Gen 6 - Genetics + Celtic mythology. IN FRANCE.
[/quote]France's culture is a mix of a lot of western European mythos including, but not limited to, Celts, Franks, and Normans. As well as some French Mythos itself. So we can actually say that it's French mythology if we so choose.

[quote name='sicknastyKakashi' timestamp='1357684336' post='6115533']
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Does anybody else really want trainer appearance customization in X & Y?[/font]
[/quote]Does anyone NOT want that?

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1357684713' post='6115535']
France's culture is a mix of a lot of western European mythos including, but not limited to, Celts, Franks, and Normans. As well as some French Mythos itself. So we can actually say that it's French mythology if we so choose.
[/quote]
No, it was a very specific phoenix that started with H. Was like... huna or something.

That's what I was saying. The Behemoth/Leviathan/Ziz and the Golems. I wasn't saying the golems were that. They ARE Hebrew Legend, sans the Ziz who is more Arabic.

How does it? Giratina has 6 legs/leg spikes, 6 wing spikes/tentacles, and 6 neck rings, and rules over a broken, non-sensical dimension oppsite earth. Fairly obvious. Dialga and Palkia are meant to represent Michael and Gabriel, apparently.

EDIT: Also, Giratina is the RENEGADE Pokemon.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Does anybody else really want trainer appearance customization in X & Y?[/font]
[/quote]
Choice is either~
Default Trainer
OR
3DS Mii's face

Yep. Calling it.

[quote name='Josh Black' timestamp='1357684892' post='6115540']
No, it was a very specific phoenix that started with H. Was like... huna or something.

[b]Ummm... Fenghuang?[/b]

That's what I was saying. The Behemoth/Leviathan/Ziz and the Golems. I wasn't saying the golems were that. They ARE Hebrew Legend, sans the Ziz who is more Arabic.

[b]Nonono. I meant that the Ziz was actually more hebrew. Comparable with the Persian simorgh.[/b]

How does it? Giratina has 6 legs/leg spikes, 6 wing spikes/tentacles, and 6 neck rings, and rules over a broken, non-sensical dimension oppsite earth. Fairly obvious. Dialga and Palkia are meant to represent Michael and Gabriel, apparently.

EDIT: Also, Giratina is the RENEGADE Pokemon.
[/quote]Ahkay. So Giratina makes more sense.

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1357680158' post='6115474']
The ice cream cone Pokemon is a huge f***ing embarrassment.

Then again, so is the ball ([b]Voltorb[/b]/Electrode), the deformed scrotum thing (Weezing) and the pile of goo (Muk, Grimer, [b]Ditto[/b]). All Gens have their fair share of stupid looking Pokemon, but I guess it's kind of just... they should have learned their lesson from the first few times. =\
[/quote]

There's concept behind Ditto at least, in an attempt to recreate Mew, Ditto is the failed outcome.
And Voltorb is apparently a pokeball possessed by Haunter, (they share the exact same eyes).

While they do look rather nonsensical, there is at least a concept behind the design.
Not much can be said for the ice cream cone thing.

Does anybody else really want trainer appearance customization in X & Y?
[/quote]If most of the customization actually looks good. I mean idk.

I mean, the male trainer is too similar color wise to the last 2, so if you can change that, I'll actually use him.

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1357680158' post='6115474']
The ice cream cone Pokemon is a huge f***ing embarrassment.

Then again, so is the ball (Voltorb/Electrode), the deformed scrotum thing (Weezing) and the pile of goo (Muk, Grimer, Ditto). All Gens have their fair share of stupid looking Pokemon, but I guess it's kind of just... they should have learned their lesson from the first few times. =\
[/quote]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]If only people would start seeing pocket monsters as what they are, monsters-- fictional creatures-- instead of comparing them to things in real life.[/font]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1357688438' post='6115585']
Wait, they're based on chromosomes? Where'd it say that, I was thinking these 2 and the eventual Z would represent the 3 axes (X-horizontal, Y-Vertical and Z-Forward/back) present in a 3D structure.
[/quote]

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1357657905' post='6115161']
Also, the Japanese logos for the games have a little dna helix, so I guess it's X/Y chromosomes or something?
[img]http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images/ib/60/1357647787007.png[/img]
[/quote]

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1357686506' post='6115570']
So guise. If they give Chespin (chestnut + pin) rollout, it automatically becomes the best starter because, well...
[b]ROLLIN AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND[/b]
[/quote]
Well why not? Hes-
[b]GOT PLACES TO GO~[/b]

If there was a Z, Yugioh would try to sue them.
Since the incorporation of B2/W2 it doesn't seem that far fetched to suggest a XX or an XY, depending on gameplay. It would be hilarious if we were completely wrong about the game title and the call it Pokemon D. But then again they have Deoxys for that whom I believe will play some sort of inspirational role during the game. Any guesses for the new Team name? Maybe Team Genome or Genesis?

Archived