One-Punch Man

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really debating if I want to go ahead and read the manga or wait for the anime, then read the manga afterwards. I really like Murata's art (Eyeshield 21 ftw), but having my first experience with the series being animated also appeals to me.

Oh, and here's the translation for the trailer, btw:

Text: Have you lost a precious thing in exhange for power?

Text: Over 5 million copies in print.
Text: Web comic personality: ONE
Text: The strongest Jump successor: Yuusuke Murata
Text: The manga by the strongest tag-team
Text: Is at last being adapted into anime.

Text: Director: Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos)
Text: Series Composition: Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger & Bunny, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary)
Text: Character design: Chikashi Kubota (From the New World, Robotics;Notes)
Text: Animation production: MADHOUSE (Summer Wars, Hunter x Hunter)
Text: Makoto Furukawa (Gaist Crusher, Golden Time) as Saitama
Text: Kaito Ishikawa (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Haikyu!!) as Genos

Text: A man who became too strong.
Text: A calm-type...
Text: Superpowered hero...
Text: It only takes ONE hit!
Text: ONE punch!

Saitama: "I took up being a hero for a hobby".

Text: An everyday knockout action premieres!

I'm really debating if I want to go ahead and read the manga or wait for the anime, then read the manga afterwards. I really like Murata's art (Eyeshield 21 ftw), but having my first experience with the series being animated also appeals to me.

You could read the webcomic instead. It needs more love. :(

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually a bit scared with Garou tbh. I was pretty excited for Sidehops, especially since they were delayed an extra 2 weeks. Theeenn they turned out to be disappointing. Much preffered the WC for them. King's Introduction was good at least.

Actually it was delayed by about a month due to the Anime announcements which I'm still on the fence about but that a discussion for another time.

And yes Side Hops was really disappointing. I was expecting to see him side hop around the entire world. King was definitely good though.

[spoiler=Nice looking gifs] 2ZISo42.gifFUWg9xH.gif5OURw0L.gifMHH63fB.gif[/spoiler]

Actually it was delayed by about a month due to the Anime announcements which I'm still on the fence about but that a discussion for another time.

And yes Side Hops was really disappointing. I was expecting to see him side hop around the entire world. King was definitely good though.

I'm honestly the same as you regarding the anime. The manga itself already looks like an anime with some of it's chapters... It just won't do it justice? Even if both ONE and Murata are working on it, I honestly think it won't be anywhere near as amazing as some of the gifs posted. Even if the Garou one was a fan thing iirc.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived