RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright guys, I have been gone for much too long and I feel as if I have let this small community down by not staying true to my end of the bargain. So I return, and I am willing to help with anything that needs help, if I am able to do so. I am also planning to start another RP, that I hope draws the attention of just about every RPer out there. I don't have anything super solid on it yet, and it has really just come to earlier today, but I find that it would be fun today and definitely an interesting project to undertake.

In this RP you play as a monster featured in Yu-Gi-Oh! The world known as Kado(could be subject to change) is everything we would expect from a world depicted within the world of our favorite, or maybe not-so-favorite, card game. The settings will take place in the field spell cards and what not. To clarify, there will not actually be any card games involved here, only the use of monsters, spells, weapons, etc. featured within the card game. Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions are appreciated. I may or may not take a co-host, still deciding on that. 

I made a fanfic (with sora as the protagonist, lol) once with almost that sort of idea. Maybe Spellborks and Dragon Rulers as a major enemy?

I made a fanfic (with sora as the protagonist, lol) once with almost that sort of idea. Maybe Spellborks and Dragon Rulers as a major enemy?

That would be interesting, and those maybe the superpowers that rule the land, but I wanted to get together a ragtag team of underappreciated and/or older monsters to perhaps do something. I remember that your fic had something to do with saving the forest, right? Perhaps something of that nature could apply?

I actually created an app some time ago, and posted it, but it was overlooked. I never bothered to get back on that, so I'll just make another.

Enrise
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Anything that's not based directly off a fan base-ran anime, like Bleach, Yugioh, etc.
Preferred Character Type: I try to create all types of different characters, with different personalities and other concepts.
Skills: Pfff, well. It's been a long while since I RPed, but I think I'm an all-rounder. Gather info for an RP, character design, story development, etc.

Just making sure, but no villains (for apps), right Merc?

No villains? Why, whatever made you think that? It's not like either Emiya or Isamy are gonna bother distinguishing between the two, the important thing is that they agree with them in order to save/recreate their universe.

Even though this RP is not going to be black-and-white, that doesn't mean everyone will be heroes, you know~

Alright guys, I have been gone for much too long and I feel as if I have let this small community down by not staying true to my end of the bargain. So I return, and I am willing to help with anything that needs help, if I am able to do so. I am also planning to start another RP, that I hope draws the attention of just about every RPer out there. I don't have anything super solid on it yet, and it has really just come to earlier today, but I find that it would be fun today and definitely an interesting project to undertake.

In this RP you play as a monster featured in Yu-Gi-Oh! The world known as Kado(could be subject to change) is everything we would expect from a world depicted within the world of our favorite, or maybe not-so-favorite, card game. The settings will take place in the field spell cards and what not. To clarify, there will not actually be any card games involved here, only the use of monsters, spells, weapons, etc. featured within the card game. Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions are appreciated. I may or may not take a co-host, still deciding on that.

Well, this smells like glory.
Time to play as Eria once more.

Just noticed this~ it sounds like a pretty cool concept. If I have the time, I'll probably join it. Do you have any plot in mind?

Just noticed this~ it sounds like a pretty cool concept. If I have the time, I'll probably join it. Do you have any plot in mind?

I honestly wish I did. I am kinda lost with what the details of the plot would be. I want a ragtag team of warriors/magicians/etc that are coming together to do ....

Elemental Dragons and Prophecies are going to be the main superpowers, but they do not need to necessarily be antagonists, or even a large part of the story. Perhaps a young adventurer wants to start a band of warriors in order to help other underappreciated monsters, perhaps saving them from conflict that arises between the two superpowers. 

I honestly wish I did. I am kinda lost with what the details of the plot would be. I want a ragtag team of warriors/magicians/etc that are coming together to do ....

Elemental Dragons and Prophecies are going to be the main superpowers, but they do not need to necessarily be antagonists, or even a large part of the story. Perhaps a young adventurer wants to start a band of warriors in order to help other underappreciated monsters, perhaps saving them from conflict that arises between the two superpowers. 

I like the idea of dealing with something seperate from the "major event" in the world.  Even if the plot does join into the main conflict later, seeing what happens from a third viewpoint could be interesting.

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Really anything that involves adventure and isn't a specific genre (Original RPs over world-centric, unless the world is almost sandbox in nature like Homestuck or Minecraft).
Preferred Character Type: I tend to play the guy who's slightly off his rocker.
Skills: I feel I have a decent grasp on Creativity as well as some story building capabilities. I don't honestly know what i'm good at other than that; I sort of go with it and things just happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Reshikrom643

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Card Game Battle (I'll edit with more as time passes)

Preferred Character Type(s): Quiet (until engaged in battle), Cheerful (gets serious in battle)

Skills: Role Playing (it's all I can think of! I'll edit with more as they come up)

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone still paying attention to this?

Well, I'm going to go forward with one of my RP ideas; see [post='6237811']*here*[/post] for information.  The short of it is that certain people get powers, but they come with a spirit of sorts that comes along for the ride.  Some of them are evil, and are trying to take control of the host body, and the plot kicks off from there.  It's going to be set in a college town, but I want to have like a map of the town for reference for me and the players.  Personally I guess I can make a simple one - I have no artistic ability of my own mind you, but if this is the case I wonder if there's any software out there that can spruce it up a bit.  *shrug*

Is anyone still paying attention to this?

Well, I'm going to go forward with one of my RP ideas; see [post=6237811]*here*[/post] for information.  The short of it is that certain people get powers, but they come with a spirit of sorts that comes along for the ride.  Some of them are evil, and are trying to take control of the host body, and the plot kicks off from there.  It's going to be set in a college town, but I want to have like a map of the town for reference for me and the players.  Personally I guess I can make a simple one - I have no artistic ability of my own mind you, but if this is the case I wonder if there's any software out there that can spruce it up a bit.  *shrug*

Drop me a PM when you post the OOC. c:

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpity, bump, bump.

Now, I really want an RP where everyone involved has a hand in it as a co-host. I want to see what would happen if I tried to mash a bunch of ideas together, so humor me and dump any number of ideas for plots, secret organisations, major personalities, antagonists, fighting mechanics, enemies, anything... and we'll see what happens.

Now, I really want an RP where everyone involved has a hand in it as a co-host. I want to see what would happen if I tried to mash a bunch of ideas together, so humor me and dump any number of ideas for plots, secret organisations, major personalities, antagonists, fighting mechanics, enemies, anything... and we'll see what happens.

That would basically be a free-roam role play with only a major overlapping plot with everyone having their own subplots.

Basically what I'm planning on doing anyways.

If I may join?

Knight Buster
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I'm fine with anything really. Fantasy is fun, but I wouldn't say no to a thrilling sci-fi game.
Preferred Character Type: I find that, in my history as an RPer, I normally play the quiet, yet intelligent girls. Which is usually why I play roles like healers or some such. But I've recently gotten into playing raving mad lunatics. Villains are just so much more fun to write for, I find.
Skills: I can't run an RP myself because I end up losing interest. This is why I normally only play in games and never create them. Which is sad, because I often do talk with the GMs about RP ideas or just shoot fanfic ideas with friends. I'm relatively good to bounce ideas off of.

Posting here as well because eff ett. 

I'm in the process of creating an RP within an RP. An RP in which the characters play a game of Pen and Paper RP. The world would probably be ever changing as the DM/GM would see fit (will probably end up being me) but not stupidly in the sense that the whole world would change but more like the basic lore, and characters etcetc.

This also removes the focus of having people wander off as they would always usually be together.

Thoughts?

Okay, scratch what I said before, but how about this: You know I was thinking most RPs the characters themselves are not at all plot-relevant, it's done like that so players would not interfere so much with the plot. I was thinking, we can make the characters before we make the RP. How about that? So what if all characters were important, like maybe they are the supreme dictator's daughter or maybe the last living elf or they have some extremely crucial power and then we can make a plot that fits all of those in. One plot. I dislike multiple plots because it gets chaotic.

Just... think of a character you'd really like to play and post the important bits about him/her/it here.

If it doesn't work out, at least it'll be a nice brainstorming exercise for us all.

Also again, what sort of genre you want and shiz like that.

Okay, scratch what I said before, but how about this: You know I was thinking most RPs the characters themselves are not at all plot-relevant, it's done like that so players would not interfere so much with the plot. I was thinking, we can make the characters before we make the RP. How about that? So what if all characters were important, like maybe they are the supreme dictator's daughter or maybe the last living elf or they have some extremely crucial power and then we can make a plot that fits all of those in. One plot. I dislike multiple plots because it gets chaotic.

Just... think of a character you'd really like to play and post the important bits about him/her/it here.

If it doesn't work out, at least it'll be a nice brainstorming exercise for us all.

Also again, what sort of genre you want and shiz like that.

Is this aimed at me or have I completely missed something in the posts beforehand?

I already planned on having the characters they play being pre-made in the rp itself anyway.

Archived