RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Velvet also doesn't like Cardin.

Alright, so we can assume everything in the first eight episodes was about Ruby, and after that was about Weiss. However, rather than focusing on Blake or Yang, the current arc is about Jaune. Based on the naming process, we've focused on the first two members of Team RWBY, and since we're focusing on Jaune right now, I predict the next arc will be about Nora, and then we'll focus on Blake, where hopefully Adam finally shows up.

The show seems to think that we need isolated arcs devoted to each of the characters, with only the most basic hint of what will happen later on. At least the first eight episodes served to establish the relationships between each characters and build up the teams, but then we moved on to Weiss and Jaune, but really, I think you could switch the order of Weiss and Jaune's arc and there wouldn't be much of a difference, if any. In fact, in the grand scheme of things, what was the point of this arc? Best I way I can see it is that Cardin saves Jaune at some point later on. They need to give more focus on Roman's scheme, or show preparations for the tournament. At the very least, season two can be about the tournament, with Roman crashing the party.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I give this slack because of it being RT, but if season 1 is just these "arcs" with all world building and no real plot build up, then I will be disappointed.

And its looking that way too.

You can't define seasons the same as an anime if you can't constantly have half of an anime standard episode length.

Archived