RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my insight on RWBY is...

We all know, Monty Oum is great at action sequences, when when comes to his other works, it's more or less, so and so, fights this and such in this and that scenario.  The story really comes to a minimum.

However...

because rooster teeth would be helping him, even though it is Monty's own project, at first I thought that great story telling can come hand in hand with great action sequences and create an amazing thing.

I Post-result...

With both impressed and disappointing.

why?

Yes Monty did make his fluid animations and character design exceed all expectations

but when it comes to character development, dialogue and plot, it comes off as a little too... Animu

Why is that a bad thing? I like anime cliches....

Don't get me wrong I like the Anime gimmicks and cliches, but coming from Monty and the RT crew some would expect a breath of fresh air

Both parties have a very unique kind of way they do things, extremely difficult to duplicate and even harder to innovate on top of. The potential is so impressive that it's impossible to not feel a little disappointed, when you find out it's pretty much something you've seen before in, let's say advent children, with slightly more fast paced and Monty Esq animations.

Overall I'd say...

If you just want to see the Monty action then I'd recommend, but if you're looking for a refreshing change of pace I'd look elsewhere.

That seems like a silly complaint to me. Normally you'd be okay by this kind of series, but just because it's by RT, it's somehow worse.

I didn't say it was Worse, as in it's bad, I actually like RWBY, just more in the sense that it's still, your classic can't hate Monty.  

I said, I expected an RT contribution (if you notice how they do their screen plays) to put a little more thought into something way more original.

It's made in the style that is like to be a much shorter series, which means less room for foreshadowing.  Kind of like your average 21 episode seasons for your typical anime.

ep8075s.jpg

Guys, we were wrong all along. They aren't based on fairy tales, they're the Fantastic Four. Ruby is Mister Fantastic, and Yang is the Human Torch. So between Weiss and Blake, who is the Thing, and who is the Invisible Woman?

Weiss is Invisible Woman, hands down.

But that would be unfair to Blake, cause she ain't solid or bulky in any way.

He does have a point. I was watching that gif for a good 15 seconds before I could tell what it was supposed to be showing me. Granted, it's still a fairly large oversight once pointed out, and this isn't any excuse for it, but I can't imagine the majority of viewers noticed it.

So, what, you're saying it's okay to completely neglect to have characters in the outfits they're supposed to be wearing?

If I had f*cks to give about what the characters were wearing for whatever reason, it'd have to be given at gunpoint while my head was latched to a table.

He does have a point. I was watching that gif for a good 15 seconds before I could tell what it was supposed to be showing me. Granted, it's still a fairly large oversight once pointed out, and this isn't any excuse for it, but I can't imagine the majority of viewers noticed it.

Yeah, I didn't want to point it out because I figured you'd be able to figure it out on your own. I know it's only for a brief moment, but it shows a lack of care if you're not going to keep something as simple as what character model you're supposed to use consistent for five minutes.

Unless I've lost the ability to read, he merely said he didn't notice nor care.

But he's dismissing it like it means nothing.

Archived