RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RWBY airs this weekend at RTX, and everyone else will need to wait a week until it is shown on the internet.

Good buddy of mine mentioned this series a while back when it was first announced (with the previews and what not).  I meant to catch up on it but I forgot.  I guess I can wait a week to see what's up.

I like that the video had the lyrics. Now that I know the lyrics to From Shadows, I'm rooting for Blake and Adam. Really hope that they don't end up opposing to Weiss.

I Burn is amazing, but I really wish that Yang had a song that was wholly hers and not just an added on part to a techno remix of the other three.

My guess is Ruby and Yang are going to try to save/help Weiss or something, and at first, Blake opposes them, then joins them later, Adam becomes a big villain or something, perhaps ends up sacrificing self to save the main team later?

So! For those who don't keep up with RTX (RoosterTeeth Expo), it was live-streamed over the weekend. Why is this important to RWBY you may ask? For a simple reason: RWBY is a product of RT, and had three panels at the Expo.

So why is this post here, you may ask? Just in case no one saw the live streams of the panels, I'm going to do a run down of some of the things I think are important to the show, or found the most interesting.

WARNING: THIS POST WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE SHOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SEE THEM, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!!!!!

RWBY Panel

• Pilot was shown at the panel but not allowed to be seen from the stream. Premiere date: July 18th 2013
  • The intro was also revealed
  • Monty continues to refer to RWBY as an anime
  • Monty states that anime and reality has helped influence the show and characters (for example, the actresses have characteristics placed into the characters)
  • [spoiler=.]Lindsey joked that the Powerpuff Girls (Bunny included) inspired the girls, and Monty looked ready to kill her

Jen Taylor voices the narration of RWBY's pilot introConfirmed characters from the pilot: Ozpin, Glinda and [spoiler=Roman Torchwick]the man in the Yellow Trailer who was talking with Junior

Monty has confirmed that new weapons toys will appear later in the show more toys for KyraEpisodes will be weekly, with varied lengths of episodesThe RWBY world came about from ketchup on a napkin at IHOPGavin Free was revealed to be the intended voice for JuniorMonty claims that Jack was more expendable than Gavin; Gavin may voice a character later in the series

RWBY Technology Panel

• Part of Episode 2 was shown. It was still in the works at the time that they showed it at the panel
  • Most of the RvB 10 tech guys (animators and such) are working on RWBY aswell
  • More music will be seen in the episodes, not just the intro
  • More talk of technology that even I don't understand

RWBY Art Panel

• Shannon McCormick (Agent Washington) and Kathleen Zuelch (Agent Texas) voice Ozpin and Glinda respectively
  • Monty was going to voice Ozpin, but decided he was awful at it and that Shannon was better
  • School uniforms were revealed; yes that's right folks school. Girls are in red, boys are in blue
  • Originally, Ruby, Weiss, and Blake were to all have black hairs, until Monty noticed that the three looked the same, and changed it to the hairstyles and colors they have now
  • Yang has an almost steam-punk look to her
  • Roman is inspired by Pinocchio, possibly Disney's version
  • Weiss's design is the most symmetrical, but her hair is off because she does it as a rebel

If you would like to see the videos for the panels, please PM me.

After waiting for 8-odd months, and finally watching the premiere, I have to say that RWBY was not at all was I was expecting.

It far surpassed my expectations with its cuteness, its heart, its action, and its mythos.

Plus, the narrator at the beginning was JEN TAYLOR!!! The voice of Cortana!!!

She can sound incredible, no matter who she is playing.

OMG RED WAS SO CUTE JUST SDKLFJKJFEFJ BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is all I can think of right now.

I thought it would be 20 minute episodes but I obviously wasn't paying enough attention. Even if they could do that, I think it would work better the way they'll be doing it. The only news I could stop being lazy for before it all actually happened were the trailers so yeah.

But I am pleasentely surprised. The trailers really don't have anything on the actual show, which I found a lot more interesting.

THE GRAPHIX

THE EVERYTHING

If I had to say anything though, I'm not really agreeing with this. It must just be personal but I didn't really find it all thaaaat great. It was pretty good though, I guess I'll probably just get used to it.

If I had to say anything though, I'm not really agreeing with this. It must just be personal but I didn't really find it all thaaaat great. It was pretty good though, I guess I'll probably just get used to it.

I honestly was really fond of the graphics. Possibly because it reminded me of two of my favorite things, Borderlands and Code: Lyoko, but it also is original. I haven't seen much with this graphic sense to it.

Archived