RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. Blake was a little more... Anti-establishment than I thought, and Weiss had more personality than I thought (but not in a good way >3> Another snooty rich jabroni to deal with), but John seems about right. Kinda reminds me of Ron Weasley for some reason.

Also, OMG THAT CHIBI RUBY WAS ADORABLE :D

They'll probably lengthen them a few times too. I wouldn't be surprised if the season finale is the anime standard half hour.

Anime isn't half hour unless it's a special in which case it's like 35 or even 28.

And why you'd compare this to anime rather than western animation is meyond me.

Anime isn't half hour unless it's a special in which case it's like 35 or even 28.

And why you'd compare this to anime rather than western animation is meyond me.

Because the art is anime-esque.

I don't like Weiss's voice.

Wow, that was really short :(

Granted, she had a reason to be, because Ruby knocking over suitcases full of Dust is something she should be angry about, but come on.

Funny fact is that she was kind of letting the Dust blow away as she waved it, implying she didn't actually care that much and was just being a jabroni for the hell of it.

Yeah yeah, big eyes are anime. Game designers find big eyes easier to make than realistic eyes. Does it mean they're appealing to the, errr, otaku audience? Maybe. Does it mean it should be compared to anime? I don't think so.

Considering they even went through the trouble of making a chibi for Ruby, yes, this can definitely be compared to anime.

Considering they even went through the trouble of making a chibi for Ruby, yes, this can definitely be compared to anime.

Making a chibi for a character is anime-only?

Have you never watched Xiaolin Showdown?

Silly me, using a specific example.

My point is westerns do that too. It is in no way definitive evidence.

Let's be clear here. You're more inclined to believe it's anime and will seek things that support it. I will in turn see the same things and say why the're not. You won't believe that they're not because you're more inclined to believe it's anime.

Circular logic. That won't get anywhere. So you think it's anime, I think it's not.

End of argument.

Making a chibi for a character is anime-only?

Have you never watched Xiaolin Showdown?

Silly me, using a specific example.

My point is westerns do that too. It is in no way definitive evidence.

Xiaolin Showdown was admitted to have Eastern influences actually. And if they had a chibi in there, that would be an example of their Eastern influences.

Saying that is like saying Avatar isn't meant to be somewhat anime-esque.

However, this draws more anime influences that all of the above, so yes, this can definitely be compared to anime.

Xiaolin Showdown was admitted to have Eastern influences actually. And if they had a chibi in there, that would be an example of their Eastern influences.

Saying that is like saying Avatar isn't meant to be somewhat anime-esque.

However, this draws more anime influences that all of the above, so yes, this can definitely be compared to anime.

Well then, isn't it the same thing to say that this  has eastern influences rather than being anime, just as well?

Well then, isn't it the same thing to say that this  has eastern influences rather than being anime, just as well?

But, this thing doesn't deviate from anime and its tropes at all. The art/whatever you call 3d stuff are also the exact same as anime games.

But, this thing doesn't deviate from anime and its tropes at all. The art/whatever you call 3d stuff are also the exact same as anime games.

Uh, if they're games they're no longer anime. An eastern game is not an anime game, at least I wouldn't call it that as it's misleading.

You've seen 15 minutes of it plus fighting scenes.

You can't realistically speak of its tropes yet.

Archived