RWBY

Uh, if they're games they're no longer anime. An eastern game is not an anime game, at least I wouldn't call it that as it's misleading.

You've seen 15 minutes of it plus fighting scenes.

You can't realistically speak of its tropes yet.

The Principal is your typical Urahara-type. The glasses woman is your stern manager/assistant (I forget her name, but the Captain with the pink kimono's Lieutenant)-type.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Principal is your typical Urahara-type. The glasses woman is your stern manager/assistant (I forget her name, but the Captain with the pink kimono's Lieutenant)-type.

Urahara type?

I haven't seen him go around throwing confetti or making lame jokes, or any of that extremely light-hearted sheet. Moreover he hasn't shown the utterly dark side that would make that trope applicable.

Nanao? That would make sense if secretaries having glasses and being stern was an anime trope. But it's general I'm afraid, and saying "but Bleach has it" doesn't really mean it's exclusive or that she's her own trope.

Like I said, we're not going anywhere, our opinions are clearly opposite and that won't change. Can we stop yet? I mean nothing is fun like arguing on the internet about 15 minutes of ambiguous animation but...

Urahara type?

I haven't seen him go around throwing confetti or making lame jokes, or any of that extremely light-hearted sheet. Moreover he hasn't shown the utterly dark side that would make that trope applicable.

Nanao? That would make sense if secretaries having glasses and being stern was an anime trope. But it's general I'm afraid, and saying "but Bleach has it" doesn't really mean it's exclusive or that she's her own trope.

Like I said, we're not going anywhere, our opinions are clearly opposite and that won't change. Can we stop yet? I mean nothing is fun like arguing on the internet about 15 minutes of ambiguous animation but...

No, I've seen them both elsewhere. But, whatever.

Holy crap the shortness of Episode 2 was so dildos.

I was expecting like, a 15 minute approximation episode. Not f*cking 6 minutes.

Now think of yourself waiting for a whole week for a whopping 5 minutes of animation!

However it's worth mentioning that if an introduction episode dragged on it would get a bit awkward. Hopefully we'll see longer in the future.

Now think of yourself waiting for a whole week for a whopping 5 minutes of animation!

However it's worth mentioning that if an introduction episode dragged on it would get a bit awkward. Hopefully we'll see longer in the future.

I wasn't really hyped for it. I mean it gives me something to watch, but I'm not all crazy for it, anticipating it's release and devoting most of my time waiting for it to come already.

I mean I didn't watch it right when it came out, I actually was out car shopping, and noticed it happened to be released by the time I got back home. So, I naturally watched it. The result of it being 5 minutes was disappointing.

Good little clip nonetheless, but still could have been longer.

Meh, I don't like that Weiss is a mean, rich girl.

Blake is what I expected and I'm betting on warming up to her very well as time goes on.

I actually really enjoyed Ruby and John's interaction, short as it was. John's awkward, but endearing, and Ruby is being more like Ruby, which is a big plus. And I personally like most of the dialogue this show's been using so far, hope the show keeps matching their standards.

I'm not that upset about 6 minute episodes. I'm honestly just glad there's a set release schedule compared to other things on the Internet I wait for indefinitely.

Meh, I don't like that Weiss is a mean, rich girl.

I don't mind it. Although I imagined her to be a shy but vibrant and talented lady, it adds spice to her character. We still can't justify it until we see her in battle, though.

I actually really enjoyed Ruby and John's interaction, short as it was. John's awkward, but endearing, and Ruby is being more like Ruby, which is a big plus. And I personally like most of the dialogue this show's been using so far, hope the show keeps matching their standards.

Jaune is my kind of character. Kinda shy but very talkative however tripping on himself simultaneously.

Also, was anyone else sorta thrown off by Ruby saying she invented her weapon, even though she was told she learned to master "the most dangerous weapon" as if it were mythical or something?

Also, was anyone else sorta thrown off by Ruby saying she invented her weapon, even though she was told she learned to master "the most dangerous weapon" as if it were mythical or something?

She said she built it not invented. It's more, the weapon type itself already existed, and she just built a customized form of it.

I actually already read about the length of the episodes after I watched the first one so in addition to liking the fact that it wasn't regular length, at least I was prepared there was going to be shorter episodes. That, and I've already watched quite a few short length stuff so I'm pretty used to it.

and pretty much this.

I actually already read about the length of the episodes after I watched the first one so in addition to liking the fact that it wasn't regular length, at least I was prepared there was going to be shorter episodes. That, and I've already watched quite a few short length stuff so I'm pretty used to it.

The shorter length is actually what I expected from Roosterteeth, seeing as how Red vs. Blue episodes are just as short. Regardless, the first episode was the debut, which are usually always longer than the rest.

Also, I'm hoping for an anti-hero to be introduced in time. You can't have an anime without an anti-hero.

So, let's sum it up real quick.

It was super short, which was unexpected, actually. With the way everything's going, it seems to me like they had the typical 24 minute anime in mind, but had to cut it down into smaller segments.

I like Jaune. : D

Blake is more... quiet than I expected.

Weiss is way more bratty than I expected as well.

ormagerd chibi ruby

To be fair, if I had suitcases filled with stuff that exploded if you sneezed at it, I'd be pretty pissed if you just knocked them around.

Granted, I wouldn't have proceeded to shake it in someone's face, but I don't think she let the Dust escape on purpose, and you'd think it wouldn't be able to just float out of the sealed bottles.

To be fair, if I had suitcases filled with stuff that exploded if you sneezed at it, I'd be pretty pissed if you just knocked them around.

Granted, I wouldn't have proceeded to shake it in someone's face, but I don't think she let the Dust escape on purpose, and you'd think it wouldn't be able to just float out of the sealed bottles.

While I don't think it was on purpose I do think she didn't give a sheet that it was flying off because she was too engrossed in lecturing.

Yang's exit was hilarious.

But Weiss moved down my list of favorite characters pretty fast. Instead of an elegant, classy girl, we get a brat. So that's a disappointment. But she may not want to act that way, because in her song she sings in the White Trailer, she's literally singing about being a different person.

You mean Adam?

Yes, I'm looking forward to see how he gets kicked in.

Ether Adam is the anti-hero, or Team JAUN, the parallel to Team RWBY. Team JAUN is the four kids you see in the opening with Jaune.

1000px-RWBYintro_00010.png

Archived