RWBY

Episode 1 was good. I like Ruby and I'm looking forward to what's to come, but I'm a little eh about another school for the gifted setting, but it's really a minor complaint.

Soundtrack's as great as it's been so far.

And of course the action was stellar. That ranged fight between the Huntress and Fire Lady was cool.

Finally, voicework's a lot better than I thought it was going to be, so thank god for that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That ranged fight between the Huntress and Fire Lady was cool.

The Fire Lady is clearly supposed to be the Wicked Witch.

The Huntress is named Glinda, the name of the Good Witch, so it would make sense for the girl in the shadows to be the Wicked Witch

Just watched the first episode~ voicework's a lot better now than in the trailers, and Ruby's surprisingly cute, especially when she's eating cookies. The animation can be a little awkward sometimes outside of combat, but having used MikuMikuDance, I can understand the difficulty of simulating realism. The story's fairly cool too, although I'm not really sure about having Ruby and Yang sisters (they look NOTHING like sisters). I'm actually a little surprised it had a wider plot, since I was just expecting...well, action girls teaming up to fight monsters and enemies.

According to official info, Ruby is 15, while the rest are all 17.

Looking forward to the next episode~

In the preshow livestream, Lindsey Tuggey, vocie of Ruby, confirmed that they are sisters.

It's possible that Ruby was adopted. I mean we have seen her by her mom's grave quite a bit. Plus it'd make what Monty said about them not being biological sisters and what Miss Tuggey said both true.

Things are looking great so far, I can't wait to watch more. Couple things: First of all, Glinda Goodwitch is just about the least subtle name ever. Second, Ruby is a lot more childish and hyperactive than I first thought, and that's awesome.

Also, the bit with the cookies reminded me of this instantly:

I'm hoping to see more Yang's bre-... I mean fighting 

>>

<<

Seriously though, I'm interested on how they're gonna introduce Blake and Weiss. I kinda have a bad feeling Blake is gonna become a female Sasuke though :/

God no…

Also, anyone else want a fighting game? I don't know, I just think it would be cool.

....I am strangely ok with this xD

Well as long as she doesn't try to honor her family's name by destroying the thing her older sibling whom she adored sacrificed everything to save, I think I won't mind as much xD

EDIT: Well that was a ninja .3. A fighting game would e pretty cool, but if this gets made into any kind of game, it'll probably be a hack and slash like DMC, which would stil be fantastic in my book B)

Archived