Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dun did it again.

Cilecca Verde means Green Misfire in italian get it cuz Part 5

In other news there's server maintenance happening later tonight.  Will a patch come along with that?  I dunno.  But it might.  Keep yer ears peeled.

My guess is that, at the very least, the SDI multiplier on Bayonnaise's second Up B so that it can't set up for 0% kills.  Also Witch Time needs to stop the slowdown after the first hit.  3 seconds is fine to set up your next hit for a combo, but keeping them slow for the whole 3 seconds is bonkers.

Would love to see some Zard buffs.  Robin buffs would be welcome.  Idk what would even be done but Luigi buffs are always welcome cuz muh main.  I would like to see a lot of the under appreciated characters get some buffs.  The Pac-Mans, Megamans, Roys, etc.

Speaking of which Roy NEEEEEEDS buffs.  He's having his Melee issues all over again.  He has a sheet ton of power at close range but doesn't have the frame data to abuse it, nor the grab game to be treatening up close.  He needs better grabs.  His speed is perfect, damage is solid, and aerials actually have some kick to them now.  But he physically can't confirm kills after mid percent because his throws are absolute garbage past that.  He has the speed to really make that scary too, and I like playing him a lot more than Marth and Corrin.  But Marth is just straight up better in every way.

btw data miners found the patch last night:

• Dtilt:
    • Hitbox Size: 3.5 -> 2.8
    • FAF: 36F -> 38F
  • Fair:
    • First Hit Damage: 3.8 -> 3
    • Second Hit Damage: 2.8% -> 2.2%
    • Third Hit:
      • KBG: 82 -> 68
      • Autocancel Frame: 32> -> 33>
      • FAF: 36 -> 37
  • Dair Landing Hit KBG: 140 -> 135
  • After Burner Kick:
    • Upwards Kick:
      • All Hitboxes SDI Multiplier: 1 -> 2
      • Early Hit KBG: 40 -> 50
      • Normal Hit KBG: 30 -> 38
      • Late Hit KBG: 100 -> 112
    • Divekick:
      • Damage: 8% -> 6.5%
      • Angle: 80° -> 60°
      • Hitbox Size: 6.5 -> 4.5
      • SDI Multiplier: 1 -> 2
  • Witch Twist:
    • All Hitboxes SDI Multiplier: 1 -> 2
    • Early Middle Hit:
      • Upper Hitbox:
        • KBG: 100 -> 97
        • WKB: 160 -> 140
        • Hitbox Y Position: 24 -> 21
      • Both Hitbox Sizes: 8 -> 7
    • Middle Middle Hit:
      • Upper Hitbox Y Position: 24 -> 21
    • Late Middle Hit:
      • Upper Hitbox Y Position: 24 -> 21
      • Lower Hitbox WKB: 160 -> 135
    • Last Hit (First Use):
      • KBG: 105 -> 80
      • BKB: 50 -> 55
      • Hitbox Size: 9 -> 8.5
      • Hitbox Y Position: 20 -> 19
    • Last Hit (Second Use):
      • KBG: 30 -> 50
      • Hitbox Size: 9 -> 8.5
      • Hitbox Y Position: 20 -> 19

Takeaways:

• Witch Twist and After Burner Kick both had their SDI multiplier increased, which means it should be easier to DI out of her dumb combos
  • Dtilt and After Burner Divekick had their hitbox sizes shrunk, making it harder to start her dumb combos
  • Divekick's angle got changed so it'll be a whole lot harder to combo off it at all: https://twitter.com/GHNeko/status/733161222657347586
  • Witch Twist hitbox got shrunk, meaning it might be even easier to SDI out of combos
  • The second Witch Twist's KBG is larger, likely meaning that you can't combo up air after it which was one of the best ways to finish a 0-to-death.
  • Fair might not combo into Witch Twist anymore
  • Fair nerfs might have also fixed the kind of zero to deaths that certain players have used to send characters off the side of a stage.

People are speculating that there might be more, but dataminers have run the update alongside the current version and found that only Bayonetta was changed.

I just want better air speed for Marth and for hitstun in general to not be crap. I kind of want Ken Combos to be possible.

the endlag on his air moves is what kills me. he sits on the damn ground forever when he's done swinging, also, I would love a slight range increase, it's sad that practically every swordfighter has more range on their moves than he does.

even robin has a longer sword range than he does,

Uhhh...no she doesn't. Levin sword just barely matches tipper length for most of of their moves, and the rest are shorter range. LSUAir is the only move that might have more range. Bronze Sword isn't even comparable. Now if we were talking about CORRINS or Ike, I would agree, but robin's range is not anything to write home about. That's why she has projectiles.

Though Marth's range is very hard to judge for a lot of his moves. I his aerials are actually fine if you know how to auto cancel them with a Nair before you land. His Jab could use a bit more range and same with his U Tilt, with less lag on the latter. His Jab 1 also needs to more consistently link into stuff. Marth actually has a very interesting set of combos using Jab, the first hit of Air Dancing Blade, and Nair. Basically you can just loop that combo with proper timing at certain percents on certain characters in order to rack up damage to kill with Jab 1 -> F Smash. It's not true in a lot of cases, but most of the time the ONLY thing they can do is jump right before the Nair. If they lose their jump then it's nearly impossible to escape.

Uhhh...no she doesn't. Levin sword just barely matches tipper length for most of of their moves, and the rest are shorter range. LSUAir is the only move that might have more range. Bronze Sword isn't even comparable. Now if we were talking about CORRINS or Ike, I would agree, but robin's range is not anything to write home about. That's why she has projectiles.

Though Marth's range is very hard to judge for a lot of his moves. I his aerials are actually fine if you know how to auto cancel them with a Nair before you land. His Jab could use a bit more range and same with his U Tilt, with less lag on the latter. His Jab 1 also needs to more consistently link into stuff. Marth actually has a very interesting set of combos using Jab, the first hit of Air Dancing Blade, and Nair. Basically you can just loop that combo with proper timing at certain percents on certain characters in order to rack up damage to kill with Jab 1 -> F Smash. It's not true in a lot of cases, but most of the time the ONLY thing they can do is jump right before the Nair. If they lose their jump then it's nearly impossible to escape.

my robin's won the range games against of a lot of the marth matches that i fight, it might have been dumb luck i guess. It might just be how i move when i use robin is different than how i play using marth. i guess i have to go test that out.

my robin's won the range games against of a lot of the marth matches that i fight, it might have been dumb luck i guess. It might just be how i move when i use robin is different than how i play using marth. i guess i have to go test that out.

play against better marths

bf8.gif

It would be like melee's wave dashing, but with more lasers.

Do we really want that?

no it wouldn't.  It would be like Melee Falco's Short Hop Laser.  Cuz that's exactly what it is.  Wavedashing is not what you think.

but short hop laser would be fakin stoopid in smesh 4.  Falco already has decent enough tools, better laser and faster Dair won't change that.  You can already combo into Dair with the right setups, it's just not Melee's Dair.

While we're at it why not have his Reflector work like Fox's again and have it launch opponents upward.

Archived