Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luma is just super fakin strong and can always act regarless of what is actually happening to Rosa.  So if you're in hitstun Luma can still act.  Therefore you can get hit very close to the blastline, and immediately use luma to knock them up to you, call luma, then hit them again for the kill.

Hell Luma can even act when Rosalina's shield is broken.  That's an actual tactic that top RosaLumas do once in a blue moon.  They purposely play defensive to the point where their opponent forces a shield break, then just up tilt them when they charge the disrespect, and follow up with an up air if they can get unstunned fast enough for the kill.

Samus's buffs were more quality of life than anything else.  The grab speed changes were the most significant, but unfortunately I don't think it will have a huge impact to her gameplay.  She still has a lot of useless moves, a terrible roll, and a lacking combo game past a certain percent, which can make sealing a kill somewhat difficult.

And I love playing Samus too.  It's just disappointing they didn't do a little bit more, though I'm happy with what they did do.

But they still haven't buffed Game & Watch's up tilt.  All you have to do is make it link reliably at every percent and actually hit people right in front of him Sakurai.  D Throw -> Up Tilt should ALWAYS work at low percent, and should NOT wiff at 0.  G&W would actually be a solid glass cannon type character if this was done.  All his other moves are fine, but he lacks a fast anti-air / launcher that isn't down throw.  Up Tilt is a fantastic move that just doesn't link and can ruin your play, simply because of how unpredictable it is.  Makes me sad.

I used to hate Yoshi's Island back in Melee, but over time I came to love the stage for the shenanigans that happen on there.

Sure, stupid deaths can happen. But sometimes I just want to dick around and have fun in Smash. I think sometimes people (not anyone specific here) get so wrapped up in the competitive side that they forget Smash is also fun with items and non-omega stages and all that.

Well, my fingers are too stupid for this:

That video just sold me on the Wii-u controller.

your fingers would adjust in about 5 minutes if you put some time into training mode. it's really simple. the core principal is hold down special, and use it to make plays and techs that would be far more difficult otherwise.

It's a lot simpler then you think. It's essentially removing your Special button from the game, but in exchange you get 2 movement inputs on 2 different sticks. This allows you to use high level techniques much more simply, such as perfect pivoting, and it also allows you to mess with your momentum and make new techniques. From there, you use your other shoulder buttons to jump, shield, and attack. So you basically play the game with your shoulder buttons in exchange for a massive increase in movement options

i now wonder if i can try to emulate that on the 2ds. it might not be a perfect imitation, but if i can find a way, then this'll be a very fun trick.

You can, but the 2ds only has 2 shoulder buttons. The point of this is to constantly use both sticks, so therefore you shouldn't let go of either. 1 button is mapped to Special, so you need Shield Attack and Jump on the other 3. You don't have enough shoulder buttons on a 2DS

You can, but the 2ds only has 2 shoulder buttons. The point of this is to constantly use both sticks, so therefore you shouldn't let go of either. 1 button is mapped to Special, so you need Shield Attack and Jump on the other 3. You don't have enough shoulder buttons on a 2DS

I will sacrifice everything to make this even partially work. i must have no regrets.

Archived