Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

I do wanna add that it's still incredibly likely that the team just said "funk it.  Oh well, an extra stage slot.  Not gonna bother with a new patch just to take it out cuz it really isn't doin anything"

I'm just saying they have an EXCUSE to do something, it's just a question of whether or not they actually do it.

Bayo doesn't need any nerfs.  In fact I think she's barely A tier.  barely.  Her possible combos vary WILDLY based on factors like percent, rage, opponent weight, timing, etc.  Additionally, all of them have a ton of weaker hits, allowing you to easily DI out of the combo in most situations so long as you know which follow up they are going for.

That being said, Bayo has a distinct lack of very high percent kill confirms.  Her smashes are WAY too slow to throw out blindly, but if you do too much damage you wont have any way to combo into them.  Her only real confirm at every percent is Witch Time, and that requires you to actually hit witch time without staling it much.  Bayonetta is probably the highest risk highest reward character in the game currently.  She is really scary once they find their grove and start using an insane variety of combos to screw with your DI, but once you catch on to their shenanigans it's not very hard to get to 160% and the Bayo player having a rough time trying to get that kill.

Corrin on the other hand could use a marginally less powerful counter.  it's way too strong for it's launch angle.  I have never seen a more garbage move in any smash game ever.  it needs to be fixed.  There is a happy medium that leaves it still very strong but doesn't kill you at 40.  It needs to be found.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is mii brawler so absolutely terrible? after playing him for a while, i honestly can't fathom why he has so much lag on almost all of his ground moves. seriously, he's named brawler, but he's so slow that my ganon could chain hists to the lv 9 in practice mode...

on another note, you think they'll ever patch the DLC character conversations during palutena's guidance in the wii-u? maybe that's what the empty stage data's for?

Why is mii brawler so absolutely terrible? after playing him for a while, i honestly can't fathom why he has so much lag on almost all of his ground moves. seriously, he's named brawler, but he's so slow that my ganon could chain hists to the lv 9 in practice mode...

on another note, you think they'll ever patch the DLC character conversations during palutena's guidance in the wii-u? maybe that's what the empty stage data's for?

nah.  That would require them to actually create punny dialogue, AND re-hire the voice actors among all respective localizations for Pit, Viridi, and Palutena.  Way too many resources and hair tearing to be worth it at this point.  From what I understand it was actually a stage slot.  Like in the header file or something there's now a new free space that wasn't there before.

The Mii Fighters, if anything else, should be used for meme-level characters.

I mean, the Mii Fighter isn't anything special anyway, so just have fun with it.

Hell, I have Charles Barkley as a funking Mii Fighter.

1111 Mii Fighter is terrible.  However 1122 Mii Fighter is actually really freaking good.  Like reeeeeeaaallllyyyy good.  There's a reason Mii fighters were ruled as always 1111 special set in official non-custom tourneys, and that reason was the 1122 Mii Fighter

1111 Mii Fighter is terrible.  However 1122 Mii Fighter is actually really freaking good.  Like reeeeeeaaallllyyyy good.  There's a reason Mii fighters were ruled as always 1111 special set in official non-custom tourneys, and that reason was the 1122 Mii Fighter

Just use the Mii Sword Figther then :^)

Should we discuss Bayonetta's Tier List placement?  She's already taken many tournaments since she first was released as DLC and her weaknesses are surprisingly easy to circumnavigate around in the hands of a player who knows what they are doing with her.  I'd say she's in the top five Sm4sh characters.

Should we discuss Bayonetta's Tier List placement?  She's already taken many tournaments since she first was released as DLC and her weaknesses are surprisingly easy to circumnavigate around in the hands of a player who knows what they are doing with her.  I'd say she's in the top five Sm4sh characters.

Wasn't she designed to be the best character right off the bat, though?

Honestly she has one, very blatant weakness that will ultimately be the death of the hype for the character.  Her possible combos completely change based on opponent DI, percent and a copious amount of other factors.  If any of you have ever played Third Strike, she reminds me a lot of Makoto.  A lot of newer players ask why the heck Makoto is considered to be among the top 4 (S tier) of that game, considering her normals don't combo very well and her Supers are difficult to use effectively.  Then I show them this:

The reason Makoto is so high is because of two reasons alone: Her godlike command grab, and her ludicrous amount of stun.  A good Makoto player knows that they don't have many combos.  So they look for baits and traps at the tail end of what little combos they CAN do, so that they can reset with the Choke and start something completely different, all while filling the stun meter ridiculously quickly.  Not only that, but her dashing speed makes it all happen really fast.  If you are inexperienced against Makoto players, it's completely overwhelming.  It's like they know everything you want to do before you even do it.  And that's because they do.  Instead of looking for mediocre true follow ups to finish combos, Makoto players focus on the options the opponent's character has out of that combo, and use that knowledge to predict exactly what they will try to do.

Bringing the focus back, the same principle is applied to Bayonetta.  Her combos can be DI'ed in different directions over their course, and so you need to adapt your combos to suit the DI.  So for now, she's broken.  However, I forsee that top level players will see the character so often that DI mixups to bait the incorrect follow up will become second nature, and so she will fall.  On the other hand though, the truly good Bayonettas will adapt even beyond that, and create combos the likes of which we've never even conceived, because they can predict the optimal way you should be DI-ing that combo, and bait a response they are looking for.

So I don't think she's in the top five.  She doesn't have the frame data for it.  But in the grand scheme of things I could see her sitting comfortably in the middle of A-tier, once the masters of her trade start showing their stuff.

Part of me is discouraged by the fact I can never be truly good at Bayonetta due to the lack of time and willingness, but she's still really fun to play so I'll keep at it.

And when I'm not, I have no problem running with Ganondorf, still rocking it at the bottom of the tiers. What a bro.

My personal mii fighter is a stereotypical white suburban mom.

And tbh, people are mainly salty at Bayonetta because of Witch Time and the shenaningans that come with it. She has a lot of power in the right hands. And something that inflicts a lot on her playstyle is the enemy's weight, comboing in the air is very different when you have to combo Bowser compared to comboing Jigglypuff.

And since i'm getting FE Fates hype, i also now really want to download Corrin, mainly because they also come with the Azura theme song.

I've been practicing my Samus recently and I've realized I play a very different kind of Samus from anyone else I see; I'm very rush down, in-your-face aggressive with her. I dabble in projectiles but it's basically just when one of us is knocked too far away to punch or I'm trying to finish with a Charge Beam or poke someone trying to recover. I like her melee attacks quite a lot, except for her neutral jab, the second hit is so slow most anyone can get away from it or just hit you instead. I also wish her up smash would chain its hits better outside a time where someone's right on your head.

I've been practicing my Samus recently and I've realized I play a very different kind of Samus from anyone else I see; I'm very rush down, in-your-face aggressive with her. I dabble in projectiles but it's basically just when one of us is knocked too far away to punch or I'm trying to finish with a Charge Beam or poke someone trying to recover. I like her melee attacks quite a lot, except for her neutral jab, the second hit is so slow most anyone can get away from it or just hit you instead. I also wish her up smash would chain its hits better outside a time where someone's right on your head.

That's honestly how she was built to be played.  She has solid combos out of throws and decent kill options once you get to that point.  It's just she has a lot of stuff that is absolutely dreadful in comparison.  Watch eSam play her.  You may only find a couple matches since he's been sticking pretty hard to Pikachu as of late, but he dabbles with her every now and again, and it's pretty impressive when he does.

It has passed 61 days since the final Sm4sh announcement and my disappointment for Corrin has yet to subside. Well, at least I can feed him to Gomorrah and take sadistic glee in KOing him/her over and over and over and over and over and over again.

man i cant wait ti destroy you with corrin and pour salt on the wounds

Archived