The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

"I lead a lonely existence... but I don't mind. I get to travel and have fun along the way. This is just another experience for me."

Username: Blue Amoonguss

Name: Teerlan (He forgot his real name, and made up this name instead.)

Appearance: Infernape.png

He also wears a checkered fedora that came from his old universe, as well as a brown overcoat, kinda like the Doctor wears.

Origin: A Pokémon world, no longer existing

Biography: A long time ago, Teerlan was born as a Chimchar to a tribe of monkey Pokémon. For the first 13 years of his life, he led a pretty normal childhood with his parents and the community. However, that all changed when his land, as well as the universe, was simply erased from existence. He woke up in an unfamiliar land, with nothing but the hat on his head, and some unfamiliar creatures around him. Naturally, he panicked and ran. He eventually found his way to the home of a powerful wizard and shaman couple. It was there that he was informed that he did not exist, yet somehow did. He was a living paradox that was slightly unstable, and it was affecting the universe he was in. This could not be fixed, but the two fashioned a magical artifact that would allow him to travel between the universes, as well as check to see how long he could stay in an universe before it kicks the bucket. With that worn like a necklace, he travelled to many lands, taking in the sights and learning new things.

Personality: Teerlan is often rash, hot-blooded, and rather fickle. He likes to entertain himself, and dislikes boredom, so he'll go to many lengths to keep busy, though he generally knows how much is too much. As expected of a monkey stereotype, he's rather curious about many things, even the seemingly most simple ones, and will often talk to himself examining these things. However, he's rather forgetful, and can't really hold a focus on things before he looks or does another thing. He keeps a happy personality, despite the existence he may or may not have. He's not exactly what you'd call evil per-say, but he does enjoy a good spar more often than not. Just don't mess with his fedora; it came from his dearly departed mother, and destroying it is his berserk button.

Faction: Counter Corps

Important Artifact Stolen: The Traveller's Necklace, which he uses to leap between universes. Naturally, he's kinda panicking about this.

Powers; As well as the normal move set for an Infernape, he can use the following skills.

Fire Manipulation: He can control the fire he emits, giving it direction and other various effects depending on the color the fire is. Blue fire is regarded as an ice-type move, but he doesn't use it often since it doesn't agree with him (He's a fire type, what did you expect?). Yellow, orange, red, and white fire are all various levels of heat, with yellow being a toaster oven, to white being the center of the sun. Green fire can heal the target or the user, and has another effect that is unknown at the time. Black fire never goes out, and is as hot as red fire. Purple fire is malleable, sticky, physical, and has the intensity of yellow fire.

Ki Manipulation: He can manipulate this ki energy for flight and ki blasts. Think Dragon Ball Z.

Ultimate Moves: Kamehamehadoken: This is exactly what it sounds like; a powerful flaming energy laser that decimates the target. This counts as a fire and fighting-type move at once.

???

Equipment:

Other than his necklace, he wields the Null Blade, a sword handle that can change shape depending on what hits it. For example, if it blocked a laser or energy blade, it would become a lightsaber. If it hits an arrow, it becomes a bow suitable for said arrow. These forms are stored, and the blade can change between recorded forms. Right now, it holds three different forms: a bow that can split into two wide and jagged swords, a gigasteel lance that is also a drill, and a red staff that can change it's size depending on what the user wishes it to be. The bow is enchanted to wield an infinite amount of light arrows.

If anything needs to be changed, just tell me, K?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I see it the Divine would be gods of their worlds. Predaking doesn't want that.

Correction; they have the choice to do so. They can use the powers of the Door of Origin to make themselves into gods, or they can just fix one insignificant thing (like bringing someone, or a species, back to life) and then revert themselves to how they were. The Divine aren't all evil.

But still, it's your choice, whether you want him on the Corps or on the Divine.

"I lead a lonely existence... but I don't mind. I get to travel and have fun along the way. This is just another experience for me."

If anything needs to be changed, just tell me, K?

Hmmmgh... I have absolutely no idea whether to accept this. On one hand, he's a Pokemon Infernape. On another hand, he has with unique powers like Ki manipulation, has a unique backstory that was probably written only just now, and unique equipment.

I mean, I could accept Itsu because she always had these interdimesional powers and such, but this character isn't really an Infernape anymore. The Origin is supposed to be there for you to provide a link to the original RP, story, series...and er, unless you can prove that this character existed beforehand, I'm not sure if I'll be able to accept it, since it seems like you designed him just for this RP.

But I don't know. I mean, he is an Infernape, which I can accept...

Um, I'm having a bit of trouble here. What do the rest of you guys think?

I'm against it.

I mean it seems sort of... ridiculous.

You said most of it, and the "Pokemon world no longer existing" seems like it was an app just for this.

I mean what on earth is the Null Blade? Kamehamehadoken? Seriously?

It seems like he just mashed together whatever he liked.

Um, I'm having a bit of trouble here. What do the rest of you guys think?

I'm with Decibel. The app seems to scream "I made this up on fly specifically for this RP", and then there's the fact that its creator didn't even bother to make a link...

I'd deny the app and tell the guy to start from scratch if I were you, Merrciful

...to hell with it, I need something for Aesir to do. I've got the others sorted, but leaving the new guy with nothing would be a waste. Although posting will take a while 'cause I have to move so many characters around (Riley and Azumi still have to go to Azumi's universe after all)

Anyways, CC is Counter Corps. Surprised you haven't picked that up <_<

That is true. However, it was stated that they are in a reality marble, and that implies that it's a closed space where only those who are allowed may enter. Add to that the fact that Kratos is clearly less of a thinker and more of a brawler and that just enough room for reasonabl doubt, and if he's wrong, he's more than capable of handling things.

Well, here goes....

[spoiler=Le App]

"The Girl of Neither Perception or Non-Perception"

Application:

"A celestial descends onto Earth to give advice. Buuuut, for me they're all advice that can't be put to action."

Username: Tenshi Hinanain

Name: Tenshi Hinanai

Appearance: [spoiler=Image]konachan-com-150917-animal-bird-blue_hai

Origin: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Tenshi_Hinanawi

Biography:

Another calm day in Gensokyo. Everything was going really well until the people of the moon, the Lunarian, declared that they will purge the land covered with filth and proptly started an invasion. As the protector of the land, Reimu Hakurei, marched to face the invading army,  a dimensional rift opened nearby and sucked her precious artifact, the Hakurei Yin-Yang Orb. Without it, Reimu couldn't stop the invaders from purging the land from imperfection, killing many of Gensokyo's residents.

The Celestials and the Dragon God of the land decided to do something extreme to stop the conflict; they decided to lift the keystone that held Gensokyo together.. That action created a huge catastrophe that managed to remove the threat of the invaders, but left the land uninhabitable, and the heaven barely standing.

Tenshi then was frustrated that she had no other choice but to stick with a land devoid of life and excitement. She even thought to discard her Celestial identity and just stop living in a world that can only bore her. In her unclear state of mind, a lady bearing the name Isamy appeared in front of her, offering a chance to recreate everything, making a world without boredom, something that Tenshi had always desired. She immediately accepted the offer without any second thought.

Personality: 

Had a sheltered upbringing. Selfish. Top of the world.

She is very earthy for a celestial, and lacks charisma. 

That's not surprising, however, because she became a celestial only because the entire Hinanawi family became celestials when her father became a divine spirit. Therefore, she lacks awareness of being a celestial.

An overly well-endowed environment obviously had a negative effect on Tenshi's childhood. 

She doesn't consider what her actions mean to other people, for one.

She has absolute confidence in her abilities, and gets mad if someone insults them.

Faction: The Divine

Important Artifact Stolen: The Hakurei Yin-Yang Orb

Powers/Equipment:

-Manipulation of Earth: Ability to invoke or suppress an earthquake. Although the effective area is quite small, she can cause an earthquake in several remote areas at once. This ability also allows her to cause disasters such as subsidence or mudslide.

-The Sword of Hisou (緋想の剣, Hisou no Tsurugi, lit. Sword of Scarlet Perception): A Celestial relic. The spiritual nature evoked by the sword takes the form of weather, which is why it somehow looks flexible. Also, spirits slashed by the sword and the mixture of the emotions of all living beings in the sky are manifested by the sword as scarlet mist. This mist can be used to influence and control the weather. The shape-shifting properties of the sword mean that Tenshi can keep it anywhere on her body without taking up space. And yes, she can summon weathers indoors, but the weather will disappear sooner compared to outdoors.

-Tenshi is quite skilled with the sword, but compared to the actual sword masters, she lacked a lot of skill. Her main strenght came from the continuous juggling between waves and waves of projectiles and close hysical assaults, while manipulating the battlefield to her own interest.

-From the scarlet energies released and gathered from her sword, she can create blasts of scarlet energy to inflict grievous wounds to her opponents, and she can gather the energy into a gigantic laser-like stream of scarlet bullet, but this tooks a lot of focus and drains her energy by a lot.

-The Keystone is a holy object that can (among other properties) invoke or suppress earthquakes. It is heavy object made of black granite.

Tenshi uses keystones in a number of ways, including: as projectile, as a cushion to sit on, as a bludgeon to attack with, and also as a familiar-like weapon. Due to her not being in Gensokyo, Tenshi couldn't summon the bigger keystones, but the smaller one is still somewhere in her arsenal.

-Being a Celestial, Tenshi is quite resistant to physical attacks, and her blood is poisonous to demons. Though, the resistance often made her too reckless in fights, and she's prone to taking more damages than necessary because of that.

EDIT1: Finished matching her powers and equipments with the source material, though I intentionally left the part where her sword can detect her foe's weakness from a single strike at it.

That is true. However, it was stated that they are in a reality marble, and that implies that it's a closed space where only those who are allowed may enter. Add to that the fact that Kratos is clearly less of a thinker and more of a brawler and that just enough room for reasonabl doubt, and if he's wrong, he's more than capable of handling things.
Go play the games.

This^. Even though I've never played the games myself, it was brought to my attention that when not ripping off the heads of Gods, Kratos actually spends a lot of time solving puzzles. Kratos is actually a lot more intelligent than you give him credit for.

Archived