Sugar Cube Corner - Bronies of YCM

Shradow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Pinkie - If you watched, it's an amazingly accurately-animated music video of sorts, of an original fanmade song for Luna.

@Beserker - for some reason, I'm inclined to say they didnt do it on purpose, but.....could be.

Well, I loved Equestria Girls. It was better than I expected, and I had high expectations for it.

[spoiler=spoilery bits]Good songs, plenty of humor, and I thought Sunset Shimmer was a cool villain (I certainly wasn't expecting her to go all One-Winged Angel on us). Also, dat Wilhelm Scream and return of the Friendship Cannon, plus Derpy in the credits. It was fun looking at all the look-alikes, like Granny Smith being the lunch lady and Cherilee being the librarian.

And, "What are hands?" is totally the best line.[/spoiler]

I love how they played the Transformers transforming noise when Pinkie Pie uncurled from her ball in the beginning. Also, I think I saw someone doing Gangnam Style during the dance.

If it were an episode, it'd easily be one of my favorites, if not my all-time favorite. The only thing it was missing was a human version of Discord, because John de Lancie makes everything better.

I could totally imagine him being a crazy science teacher or something. I bet he'd look like this.

The joke being that John de Lancie also voices Professor Quadwrangle in Quantum Conundrum.

Ok, it's been too long since I've actually watched the show, I completely forgot about the Canterlot Wedding.

Okay, Equestria Girls is a close second to the Canterlot Wedding for me, and it barely beats out Return of Harmony.

Why SHOULD I watch a MLP movie if I don't watch other movies? MLP is NOT my favorite show of all time by any means. Both Avatar series, Brotherhood, and a few other shows quite easily beat it out. It's good, but it's nothing new by any means. I mean, to be completely fair, FiM doesn't do anything THAT original. It's a good show, but it's not like it dares to go where no show has gone before. There are lots of shows that are a lot better than it, on an opinion level for me, and on a technical level for how well it's made. 

Why SHOULD I watch a MLP movie if I don't watch other movies?

Because it's probably enjoyable? Seems like that'd be the reason to watch anything.

For instance, I don't watch Pokemon or its movies, but when I saw the trailer for Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens, I really wanted to watch it. Which reminds me, I think it might be out by now.

What I'm saying is, if I don't watch almost any movies, no matter what, why would I make an exception for MLP? I don't LIKE things that go on for a long time. I don't ENJOY watching the same thing for an hour and a half or more. I much prefer watching things in 24 minute little bits, especially if their episodic.

Archived