[spoiler=Part 2]
b7e.jpg
[spoiler=Part 3]
c40.jpg
[spoiler=Part 4]
437.jpg
[spoiler=Part 5]
e0b.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

That's... Really quite a thought provoking ending. Though, to be fair, we kinda' sorta' saw this coming.

Also, Egyptian-styled Celestia looks amazing.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that mirror-verse...

[spoiler=This one was edited, though I'll keep an eye out for a fixed one]
f27.jpg[/spoiler]

Now for the rest of it, and I think this is the right order

[spoiler=Part 1]
b0d.jpg
[spoiler=Part 2]
b7e.jpg
[spoiler=Part 3]
c40.jpg
[spoiler=Part 4]
437.jpg
[spoiler=Part 5]
e0b.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

That's... Really quite a thought provoking ending. Though, to be fair, we kinda' sorta' saw this coming.

tumblr_mpqsllSYvt1sp0iejo1_400.gif

And yet I knew this was going to happen . . .

Still... I wonder where said hate originated from.
Clearly it was G1 Tirek

Obviously. I mean a guy who wants to take over the world just because? Actually what WAS G1 Tirek's motivation for doing the things he did? I don't remember them ever being stated clearly . . .

Also I found this last night and had to share it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmJ2Bkx2C5A

Someone over on KYM said Dash is now a Target Master.... Heh...

Anyway, last night I made a reversed version for gits and shiggles:
6ad.gif
It's funny... Anyone who saw that scene, actually saw it in this way.

You should leave that in your signature for some time. It's really cool.

So I haven't actually seen Transformers 4 yet, and assumed that someone had just very cleverly edited the gif to include Rainbow Dash.

But my brother mentioned it to me today, and upon looking it up it's actually in the movie.

I... wat...

So I haven't actually seen Transformers 4 yet, and assumed that someone had just very cleverly edited the gif to include Rainbow Dash.

But my brother mentioned it to me today, and upon looking it up it's actually in the movie.

I... wat...

It's literally. Just a whole. 5-ish second gag.
It's utterly brilliant, regardless.

I decide to lurk YouTube, and I somehow come across this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u2Ax9BhkVI

This is.... Oddly entertaining.
I dunno', maybe just David's usual sarcastic tone seems hilariously appropriate, considering Spike typically has that sort of personality going on. Or something like that.
How about you guys? Got any videos like this, where x voices y?

So I was at my local book store and I happened to come a across this:
07021413012_zps66a12d2a.jpg

It's exactly what it looks like, Celestia and Luna's diary. I didn't have enough to buy it, but I did skim through it. One of the fun things was it explains that both of them got their cutie marks later than normal.

Also something about a dragon stealing the Crystal Heart. The f*ck (T_-)?

Okay so I managed to get the spare money up to buy the book I mentioned earlier and have just finished reading it.

I'm . . . . not impressed.

First of all let's go through some of the things we've discovered whilst reading it:

1. There are more Alicorns than Celestia and Luna
  2. Starswirl the Bearded lived before and during their reign as Princess; he's stated to have a brown beard. In fact he was the one who approached them with the offer to become Equestria's princesses.
  3. Celestia and Luna were only chosen because they were Alicorns, which "stood for everything Equestria was founded upon: love, harmony, and friendship."
  4. Celestia and Luna state they are not "rulers" but more "guardians" of Equestria
  5. The "Royal Canterlot Voice" is not how ponies spoke back in that era. Luna states it is "an important part of our education . . . . [and] being all formal and haughty and stuff."
  6. Canterlot existed before Celestia and Luna's reign.
  7. There is a turtle named Jim
  8. It takes 5 unicorns and Starswirl to lower the sun. It takes Starswirl and 5 other unicorns to raise the moon. So in total it takes 12 unicorns, possibly more, to raise and lower the Sun and Moon
  9. Alicorns age at a different rate, so even when they first became princesses Celestia and Luna did not have their cutie marks
  10. Apparently "blank flank" is a common slur for those without a cutie mark- not just an insult Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon made up.
  11. Celestia is a nerd
  12. Apparently both the Tree of Harmony and the Alicorn Amulet redate Celestia and Luna and are well known; both have books about them
  13. Luna's official nickname for Celestia is not 'Tia', but 'Celie' instead
  14. Luna understands Manticore and befriends one; his name is Melvin
  15. Luna befriends more animals of the Everfree Forest and they help build the Castle of the Two Sisters
  16. The king of the unicorns is called King Bullion
  17. Princess Platinum dislikes Celestia and Luna, thinking they are taking her position from her, but eventually becomes friends with Luna and Celestia
  18. Princess Platinum designed the official seal for the Equestrian flag
  19. Apparently the land of the Zebras is just beyond the Everfree Forest, less than a days flight to the nearest village
  20. Zebras and Manticores are "enemies"; Manticores hunt zebras
  21. All Zebras speak in rhymes
  22. Starswirl does not have ONE time travel spell, but two. The other one allows him to travel in time but also reverses his age, making him younger
  23. The leader of the Griffon Kingdom is Gregor
  24. Commander Hurricane was at first merely in charge of the Weather Brigade. No military function what so ever.
  25. Melvin explains both griffons and Manticores share the following traits: short tempers, a sweet tooth, and an aversion to rhyming.
  26. Equestrian conflict with the Griffon Kingdom is resolved through rhymes and eclairs
  27. Thanks to his time travel spell Starswirl knows about Twilight Sparkle and future events
  28. Princess Amore is the ruler of the Crystal Empire
  29. The Crystal Heart belonged to a dragon, thought to be a myth but is real, and was discovered in the Crystalline Mountain.
  30. The unicorn Amore became the princess of the Crystal Empire, which only formed because of the Crystal Heart, because she could make it work as a shield powered by love
  31. Princess Celestia uses anger and her Canterlot Voice to scare the dragon into giving the Crystal Heart back and run away in terror- never to be seen again
  32. Raising and lowering the sun for normal unicorns makes them lose their magic . . . forever!
  33. Celestia and Luna raise and lower the sun, get empowered by it, get their cutie marks, and return all of the lost magic to the unicorns

And that is pretty much it. Tick-for-tack. So now what do I think about the entire thing? Honestly I'm a little disappointed. Yes there are some parts that are funny and even heartwarming, like Luna playing hide-and-go-seek with Commander Puddinghead and loosing in her own castle. But for the most part it's all things we've either seen before, seen done better, or something that doesn't make sense.

So I am personally going to pick and chose which portions of this "journal" I am going to include into my own personal head canon and which ones I'm going to let the fan created canon replace.

Okay so I managed to get the spare money up to buy the book I mentioned earlier and have just finished reading it.

I'm . . . . not impressed.

First of all let's go through some of the things we've discovered whilst reading it:

1. There are more Alicorns than Celestia and Luna
  2. Starswirl the Bearded lived before and during their reign as Princess; he's stated to have a brown beard. In fact he was the one who approached them with the offer to become Equestria's princesses.
  3. Celestia and Luna were only chosen because they were Alicorns, which "stood for everything Equestria was founded upon: love, harmony, and friendship."
  4. Celestia and Luna state they are not "rulers" but more "guardians" of Equestria
  5. The "Royal Canterlot Voice" is not how ponies spoke back in that era. Luna states it is "an important part of our education . . . . [and] being all formal and haughty and stuff."
  6. Canterlot existed before Celestia and Luna's reign.
  7. There is a turtle named Jim
  8. It takes 5 unicorns and Starswirl to lower the sun. It takes Starswirl and 5 other unicorns to raise the moon. So in total it takes 12 unicorns, possibly more, to raise and lower the Sun and Moon
  9. Alicorns age at a different rate, so even when they first became princesses Celestia and Luna did not have their cutie marks
  10. Apparently "blank flank" is a common slur for those without a cutie mark- not just an insult Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon made up.
  11. Celestia is a nerd
  12. Apparently both the Tree of Harmony and the Alicorn Amulet redate Celestia and Luna and are well known; both have books about them
  13. Luna's official nickname for Celestia is not 'Tia', but 'Celie' instead
  14. Luna understands Manticore and befriends one; his name is Melvin
  15. Luna befriends more animals of the Everfree Forest and they help build the Castle of the Two Sisters
  16. The king of the unicorns is called King Bullion
  17. Princess Platinum dislikes Celestia and Luna, thinking they are taking her position from her, but eventually becomes friends with Luna and Celestia
  18. Princess Platinum designed the official seal for the Equestrian flag
  19. Apparently the land of the Zebras is just beyond the Everfree Forest, less than a days flight to the nearest village
  20. Zebras and Manticores are "enemies"; Manticores hunt zebras
  21. All Zebras speak in rhymes
  22. Starswirl does not have ONE time travel spell, but two. The other one allows him to travel in time but also reverses his age, making him younger
  23. The leader of the Griffon Kingdom is Gregor
  24. Commander Hurricane was at first merely in charge of the Weather Brigade. No military function what so ever.
  25. Melvin explains both griffons and Manticores share the following traits: short tempers, a sweet tooth, and an aversion to rhyming.
  26. Equestrian conflict with the Griffon Kingdom is resolved through rhymes and eclairs
  27. Thanks to his time travel spell Starswirl knows about Twilight Sparkle and future events
  28. Princess Amore is the ruler of the Crystal Empire
  29. The Crystal Heart belonged to a dragon, thought to be a myth but is real, and was discovered in the Crystalline Mountain.
  30. The unicorn Amore became the princess of the Crystal Empire, which only formed because of the Crystal Heart, because she could make it work as a shield powered by love
  31. Princess Celestia uses anger and her Canterlot Voice to scare the dragon into giving the Crystal Heart back and run away in terror- never to be seen again
  32. Raising and lowering the sun for normal unicorns makes them lose their magic . . . forever!
  33. Celestia and Luna raise and lower the sun, get empowered by it, get their cutie marks, and return all of the lost magic to the unicorns

And that is pretty much it. Tick-for-tack. So now what do I think about the entire thing? Honestly I'm a little disappointed. Yes there are some parts that are funny and even heartwarming, like Luna playing hide-and-go-seek with Commander Puddinghead and loosing in her own castle. But for the most part it's all things we've either seen before, seen done better, or something that doesn't make sense.

So I am personally going to pick and chose which portions of this "journal" I am going to include into my own personal head canon and which ones I'm going to let the fan created canon replace.

1- Well, there was that old Tweet by Meghan that said there were currently like fifty alicorns in Equestria. While it was taken as a joke, I always considered it a half-truth, saying the truth about there being more alicorns (and then Princess Cadance appeared around that time), but throwing a random number that is not neccesarily correct.

2- Starswirl was already mentioned during the Hearth's Warming tale, and then in the comics we see him interacting with an inexperienced Princess Celestia. But I still prefer to think there has been more than one Starswirl.

3- They were turned into a symbol, more than real authorities. Makes sense.

4- I can accept that. But what we see of Celestia guarding Equestria in the present is sending Twilight Sparkle to solve things.

5- Just like speaking latin.

6- That's why no one checked the mines during the Canterlot under threat thingy, Celestia didn't know they were there, because they already had a population living on top of it back then.

7- I cannot accept that. That goes against all of my headcanon.

8- Expected. We see them moving the celestial bodies in groups.

9- Not surprising.

10- They are not smart enough.

11- Makes sense. She's becomes Twilight's teacher, after all.

12- Nothing surprising.

13- Goes against the headcanon of many, but there can be more than one nickname.

14- Well, she's an alicorn, she has some Earth Pony in her.

15- Nice

16- Was he a bully?

17- It makes sense. The way Rarity portrayed her doesn't make her look like the nicest of ponies.

18- In the current founding story, she's among the founders, and they have a flag when they are founding Equestria, so it makes sense that it was made by one of them.

19- Just like Africa from Europe.

20- Makes sense.

21- It supports as many fanfics as it busts.

22- He was a clever pony

23- The leader of a kingdom. Was he a king?

24- I can accept that, in such a militarized culture as the pegasi seem to be, even those that are not career warriors had military ranks. But still, weather manipulation is important for warfare, if one thinks about it.

25- They are all part lion

26- The equestrian way, since back then until today

27- Fanfic material

28- Cadance was probably named after her

29- This goes well with my headcanon, that likes to involve King Sombra and the Crystal Heart with the love poison story, and that story also says something about a dragon.

30- I wonder how big was the Crystal Empire. There seems to be nothing left in the present, other than the capital city, that had been lost for so long, but there is a train stop.

31- After seeing Fluttershy using The Stare to do something similar, this is believable.

32- Interesting.

33- And that's how they gained actual political power. Probably started getting treated as deitys, too.

I guess at least half can be part of my headcanon.

Okay so let me break down what I liked and didn't like about the "Journal of the Two Sisters" not that I have the time to spare to actually do so. Okay I really don't have the time, but I'll make up for it . . .

This is going to be a LONG list . . .

There are more Alicorns than Celestia and Luna

I'm actually on the fence about this. For starters I was aware that there had to be more Alicorns at one point, though I doubt there are very many left, and they were once a thriving culture. But them being Alicorns since birth is okay. And more Alicorns in the past is okay. Though it raises the question of:

"If there was more Alicorns, presumably older, then why was it Celestia and Luna who were chosen to rule Equestria?"

We're told that there is enough Alicorns that there is stil la thriving culture. So why two seemingly unknown Alicorn fillies to rule over the newly formed nation of  Equestria?

That's probably my biggest grip. More Alicorns means you have to have a good reason why Celestia and Luna were given rule.

Starswirl the Bearded lived before and during their reign as Princess; he's stated to have a brown beard. In fact he was the one who approached them with the offer to become Equestria's princesses.

I don't mind that Starswirl lived before and during Celestia and Luna's reign as Princesses. My gripe is how he is portrayed. He given the personality of being the kind of pony who would make friends. And that personally goes against not only personal head canon territory but counters what is heavily implied in the show. At the end of "Call of the Cutie" Celestia tells Twilight, and I quote, "Starswirl could not finish the spell because he did not understand the importance of friendship."

So in other words he either did not make friends, did not value them, and/or didn't understand friendship.

I doubt Starswirl is dumb enough to not understand what friendship is and means. As a five year old and they'll tell you friendship is important- so I'm sure a highly intelligent sorcerer should be able to put two and two together.

So that means he either doesn't value them or didn't make friends (easily or at all).

Nope! In the journal it's shown he not only suggested Celestia and Luna be princess, but speaks with them so casually he IS friends with them. The journal gives no indication that Starswirl would have ever gotten stuck on his spell because "he didn't understand friendship."

I throw this whole portion out. Starswirl is, in my head canon, an eccentric who most people cannot stand to be around and is so wrapped up in his own experiments that he can't be bothered to help ponykind unless it inconveniences him somehow.

Celestia and Luna were only chosen because they were Alicorns, which "stood for everything Equestria was founded upon: love, harmony, and friendship."

SEE ABOVE

Celestia and Luna state they are not "rulers" but more "guardians" of Equestria

I can get behind this. It makes sense with a lot of fan canon that explains why there are other "princes" and "princesses", as they're not the ones in power but the ones who protect Equestria.

The "Royal Canterlot Voice" is not how ponies spoke back in that era. Luna states it is "an important part of our education . . . . [and] being all formal and haughty and stuff."

Just like speaking Latin.

Beserker here is the thing. Latin was actually spoken as a common language. By saying that the Royal Canterlot Voice is for a formal setting then why do we not see Celestia using it at formal functions such as the Gala or the Equestrian Games?

I can understand Luna using the Canterlot Voice in this fashion during Nightmare Night because she'd think it was a formal event when it really wasn't. But that doesn't dismiss anyone else not using it during events we know are formal.

So for me the Canterlot Voice will remain the old fashion way of speaking.

Canterlot existed before Celestia and Luna's reign.

Now I can see this as a Canterlot at the base of the mountain, but not the Canterlot we're acquainted with currently. That would mean that the three tribes built the entire city on the side of a mountain before choosing a reigning Princess(es). Doesn't make much sense to build the capital on the side of a mountain- especially since Celestia and Luna just build a castle of their own in the Everfree Forest.

So for me Canterlot of the past was at the base of the mountain and still relatively small.

There is a turtle named Jim

HE WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!

It takes 5 unicorns and Starswirl to lower the sun. It takes Starswirl and 5 other unicorns to raise the moon. So in total it takes 12 unicorns, possibly more, to raise and lower the Sun and Moon.

This works in canon and I have no problem with it. Okay maybe a bit of a problem with Starswirl being a part of the group, but I've already explained why.

Alicorns age at a different rate, so even when they first became princesses Celestia and Luna did not have their cutie marks

I can agree with Alicorns aging different but that raises the whole "pure blood alicorn vs. ascended alicorn" age debate again. I still prefer Celestia and Luna to ascend into Alicornhood though.

Apparently "blank flank" is a common slur for those without a cutie mark- not just an insult Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon made up.

I'm not to sure how to feel about this. Especially since it was Princess Platinum who called Celestia and Luna blank flanks. A princess, really?

I really don't care much that it's a common slur, in fact it almost makes sense . . .

F*ck Diamond Tiara. And Silver Spoon as well.

Celestia is a nerd

No problem with that. I've read more than enough fan fiction with Twilight and Celestia experimenting together (NOT like that you nasty people! Get your minds out of the gutter!!!) for it not to be a very hard stretch of the mind.

Apparently both the Tree of Harmony and the Alicorn Amulet predate Celestia and Luna and are well known; both have books about them

I don't mind the Tree of Harmony predating the Princesses. It's the Alicorn Amulet that bothers me a bit . . . I always had in head canon that someone made it around that time or a bit after.

So that means that the Alicorn Amulet is an ancient evil artifact?

Luna's official nickname for Celestia is not 'Tia', but 'Celie' instead

Goes against the head canon of many, but there can be more than one nickname.

I'll agree with you there Beserker. "Celie"  . . . . "Tia" . . . whatever works and I'll say I personally prefer "Tia".

Luna understands Manticore and befriends one; his name is Melvin

I can get behind Luna befriending a Manticore. I'm more disappointed that it's a complete rehash of Fluttershy befriending a Manticore in the first episode. I mean we really going to repeat things from season one?

Luna befriends more animals of the Everfree Forest and they help build the Castle of the Two Sisters

She didn't even need to sing to make them work . . .

The king of the unicorns is called King Bullion

Was he a bully?

Bad joke Berserker, bad joke. But to answer that in case it was a legit question- no, he wasn't.

In fact King Bullion was almost too happy to give up his position to Celestia and Luna; I say this because this was before either future princess stated they would guard and not rule. So King Bullion just goes with the idea of giving up his throne to two Alicorns just because "they represent harmony, love, etc."?

Yeah I don't care HOW f*cking peaceful Equestria is supposed to be but you tell someone in power you're going to not only take that power and authority but hand it to two "teenagers" and they won't just shrug and go, "Okay."

They will fight for their f*cking power and authority.

So this doesn't work with not only head canon, but logic in any way. If he had been a bit hesitant to give his power until Celestia and Luna explained they'd be more guardians than rulers then I'd be perfect with this. But, alas, it isn't so.

Princess Platinum dislikes Celestia and Luna, thinking they are taking her position from her, but eventually becomes friends with Luna and Celestia

Princess Platinum gives the proper reaction to having your power taken! GO PRINCESS PLATINUM FOR HAVING A BRAIN!!!

My only grip is not only how fast she becomes friends with Luna and Celestia, but the events that led up to it. Basically after a heated argument between Princess Platinum and Luna the former uses not only Melvin to scare her, but sends her out of the Castle of the Two Sisters using the organ right into a pile of mud. Afterwards Princess Platinum, almost mimicking Sunset Shimmer here, immediately realizes she was wrong and asks Luna to be her friend.

I'm sorry . . . the f*ck!?

So Princess Platinum realizes she was wrong after the person taking her power scares her to death and then kicks her out into a pile of mud!?

No.

NO.

NO!

See that makes as much sense as King Bullion just agreeing with giving his power to Celestia and Luna. And this could have ALL been changed and made more interesting if Princess Platinum slowly became friends with Luna and Celestia.

Princess Platinum designed the official seal for the Equestrian flag

I have no problems here.

Apparently the land of the Zebras is just beyond the Everfree Forest, less than a days flight to the nearest village

Just like Africa from Europe.

I'm sorry Berserker, but which part of Europe? And even then the closest country is the United Kingdom through Gibraltar. But any other way it is more than a days, or weeks, travel to get to the top of Africa.

I don't mind there being a village nearby, but maybe not within reach in hours.

Zebras and Manticores are "enemies"; Manticores hunt zebras

Seeing as I've just read the first MLP:FiM comic and there is vampire jackalopse . . . I have no problem with this.

All Zebras speak in rhymes

F*cking knew it!

Starswirl does not have ONE time travel spell, but two. The other one allows him to travel in time but also reverses his age, making him younger

This opens up so many possibilities both good and bad. I really don't know how to feel about this one just yet.

The leader of the Griffon Kingdom is Gregor

The leader of a kingdom. Was he a king?

I suppose so. All it says is he's the leader of the Griffon Kingdom. Cool information anyways and no problems adding it in.

Commander Hurricane was at first merely in charge of the Weather Brigade. No military function what so ever.

I can accept that, in such a militarized culture as the pegasi seem to be, even those that are not career warriors had military ranks. But still, weather manipulation is important for warfare, if one thinks about it.

Yeah nice try Beserker. In "Hearth's Warming Eve" it's stated Commander Hurricane is "The leader of the Pegasus Tribe before Equestria's founding." So he's the leader with no military training in a tribe that obviously seems to be militaristic? Yeah no this isn't meshing at all . . .

Not only that but, another confusion:

"Referred to as female in the context of the pageant during Hearth's Warming Eve, but referred to as male in The Journal of the Two Sisters."

So is he male or female!?

Screw it! Head canon is Commander Hurricane has knowledge of military-type stuff and is a male.

Melvin explains both griffons and Manticores share the following traits: short tempers, a sweet tooth, and an aversion to rhyming.

They are all part lion

Beserker you can say that until you're blue in the face. You will not convince me anything has an aversion to rhyming so bad they'll surrender. Maybe an annoyance or dislike, but not something they'd readily avoid.

Other than that I can agree on the shared traits.

Equestrian conflict with the Griffon Kingdom is resolved through rhymes and eclairs

The equestrian way, since back then until today

Nice rhyme but again I'm calling bull sh*t. You cannot convince me that:

1. The Griffon Kingdom just backed down because of rhymes and a peace treaty

2. Equestria is that f*cking peaceful

Thanks to his time travel spell Starswirl knows about Twilight Sparkle and future events

Fanfic material

Agreed. Though again this raises the point. If he knows about Twilight Sparkle, and thus future events, why did he do nothing to avert them. Apparently he would know about Luna becoming Nightmare Moon or the Crystal Empire disappearing yet he does nothing to prevent them.

So does that mean he doesn't really care about his friends?

Doesn't seem like it the way he's written . . .

Does it mean that he couldn't?

If so, why?

This is just a big ball of bad and I'll repeat what Future Spike said from "Cutie Mark Crusaders: Time Travelers", "The thing about time travel is not to question it."

Princess Amore is the ruler of the Crystal Empire

Cadance was probably named after her

I never thought of that Beserker but you're probably right. Even if not I have no problem with this.

The Crystal Heart belonged to a dragon, thought to be a myth but is real, and was discovered in the Crystalline Mountain.

No problem with this.

The unicorn Amore became the princess of the Crystal Empire, which only formed because of the Crystal Heart, because she could make it work as a shield powered by love

I wonder how big was the Crystal Empire. There seems to be nothing left in the present, other than the capital city, that had been lost for so long, but there is a train stop.

Now see this makes more sense. Princess Amore can do something before she is given power, thus giving the ponies a reason to place her in power.

Beserker I think the Crystal Empire has always just been the capital. The Journal of the Two Sisters never states about the empire being bigger than we already see it.

Also Celestia and Luna attended the first Crystal Festival. Ummm . . . okay?

Princess Celestia uses anger and her Canterlot Voice to scare the dragon into giving the Crystal Heart back and run away in terror- never to be seen again

After seeing Fluttershy using The Stare to do something similar, this is believable.

I don't like the rehashing of first season events, but this one I can get behind. I mean Celestia did try to be diplomatic about the situation and only got angry once the dragon basically stated he was keeping the Crystal Heart out of spite.

Raising and lowering the sun for normal unicorns makes them lose their magic . . . forever!

This I actually like.

Celestia and Luna raise and lower the sun, get empowered by it, get their cutie marks, and return all of the lost magic to the unicorns

Now see this works with fan fictions I've read. In most everyone agrees Celestia and Luna have a "depowered form" where they disconnect from the power of the sun and moon. I'll go with that and agree with it.

I'll even say I have no problem with any of this. Now if they had become princesses after this I would have no problem. They've earned the right to be princesses as they've proven they are worth the position.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All in all some of the things I can agree with, but others I just cannot accept.

To me I'll keep my head canon timeline:

Celestia and Luna as Alicorns who go out to defeat Discord to make names for themselves.

They lose and go on a journey to learn how to defeat him, learning about harmony and friendship through their trials until they discover the Tree of Harmony and thus earn the Elements of Harmony. This gives the three tribes a reason to make them the ruling Princesses of Equestria.

Not everyone is happy so Celestia and Luna decree they are more guardians than rulers, which pacifies most ponies with authority. Eventually Celestia and Luna are given more authority.

When Celestia and Luna discover that raising and lowering the Sun and the Moon drains the magic from them they decree they will raise and lower the moon. Doing so gives them their cutie marks and "empowered form". Due to their new appearance and ability to raise heavenly bodies ponies start treating them as demigods or at the very least avatars of the sun and moon.

Skirmish with the Griffon Kingdom; ended due to Celestia and Luna's overpowering might with little casualties. I still prefer to think the Griffon Kingdom has it out for Equestria because of past "sins" against their people.

Formation of the EUP to protect Celestia and Luna

Discovery and inclusion of Bat Ponies into Equestrian society; Night Guard formed for Princess Luna

Crystal Empire Crisis #1

First attack by Changlings; Rise of King Sombra

Defeat of King Sombra and banishment of Crystal Empire; follows "Fall of the Crystal Empire" by Silly Filly Studios

Rise of Nightmare Moon and subsequent banishment

Roughly 1000 years pass

Beginning of Season One

What do you guys think of Twilight's father? Two alicorn princesses, one prince, and a dragon call him "Sir".

Thanks to a series of fanfics I follow, in my head he is voiced by Liam Neeson.

I never thought of that but it is something to ponder about. He literally does have a princess as a daughter and daughter-in-law and his son is a Prince. Not to mentioned a dragon step-son. However on how he is voiced I'd go with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi1zcfydm8Y#t=252

Archived