Shradow

Name: Noble Mills

Nickname: Grinder

Kind of Being: Earth Pony

Mane: Black

Coat: Blue

Eyes: Brown

Cutie Mark [if applicable]: Millstone

Occupation: Bar bouncer, mafia grunt, farm helper, whatever he can do using just strength until he improves his equestrian language skills

Family Members: Living mother and father in homeland. Haven't considered others

Pets: None

Best Friend: None

History: Came to Equestria looking for new oportunities and to try to use his exotic charm to win mares, but he's not very charming with his little grasp of the language.

Gear: Rubber band for mane and tail

Talents, Abilities, or Powers: He's at least one head taller than the average equestrian stallion. Very strong.

Relationship: Will try to hit on many mares.

Fears: Ridicule

Faults: Still working on that

Good Points: Don't know yet

What She/He Wants More Than Anything Else: Don't know yet

Personality: He loves pretty mares, and will half seriously flirt with most of them. Will get serious when anybody threatens or disrespects a female.

Today is friendship day in my country.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Black Books

Nickname: The grouch, the ghoul, birdslayer

Kind of Being: Unicorn

Mane: Black

Coat: Light-gray

Eyes: Blue

Cutie Mark: A bookshelf with three books, but one it sitting diagonally

Occupation: Book store owner and employee of the month for every month since the shop opened, failing author

Family Members: He has a mother living in Canterlot that he very rarely sees

Pets: An onslaught of dead birds

Best Friend: None

History: He decided to open up a bookstore somewhere, he decided to open it up in Coltsten

Gear: A pair of rectangular reading glasses

Talents, Abilities, or Powers: He can use his magic to levitate objects. Even though his shop is a mess he inherently knows where a specific book is

Relationship: Abstains from them

Fears: Intimacy, Timberwolves

Faults: Apathy in his work

Good Points: He can tell what genre a pony likes the minute they enter his store

What She/He Wants More Than Anything Else: To write a best seller

Personality: An apathetic pony, he spends his days surrounded by what has become a fortress of books. He keeps to himself much of the time, and employs less than premier tact when ponies enter his shop. He values his isolation, so he looks at them, figures out their genre, recommends a book, they purchase it, they leave, rinse repeat. He also tends to forget to feed or water his birds.

So we have a tough Earth pony from an unknown country and a reclusive unicorn who forgets he has pets so much he neglects them to death.

Might as well add my OCs

[spoiler=The Historian]

Name: Key Ring

Nickname: None

Kind of Being: Unicorn

Mane: Dark brown with hints of grey

Coat: Rusty Red, normally a few shades brighter if not for poor hygiene

Eyes: Brown

Cutie Mark: A key and a slightly opened door with a lock

Occupation: Former teachers assistant at Ponyville; Professor of Equestrian History at Crystal Empire; (future) foalsitter and personal teacher to Princess Skyla

Family Members: Grandmother, Mother, and Father all live in Canterlot. His Grandmother and Mother, both Earth ponies, work at a restaurant and as a construction pony, respectfully; his father, a unicorn, works as an accountant for the Princesses. Brother is an Earth Pony out in Germane. Distant Relatives in both Manehatten and Appaloosa

Pets: Has had dogs in the past while he was a colt, but does not personally own a pet now.

Best Friends:

Brick Wall [Earth Pony Stallion]

Fly By [Pegasus Stallion]

Mistletoe Kiss [Changling Mare]

Steam Weld [Unicorn Mare]

Rose Leaf [Earth Pony Mare]

History:

Key Ring was born and raised in Canterlot just outside the walls that surround the palace. Key Ring though being a Unicorn isn't as blessed in magic as most others are, though not to the point he is "inadequate" by any means, he just doesn't know very many spells; the most common being telekinesis, stun, shield. After getting a degree in teaching Key Ring spent some time working in Ponyville as a teaching assistant to Cheerilee in order to get some in-field training; though he has only ever met Applejack out of the mane six. When the Crystal Empire returned a project (now this is in my own personal head canon mind you) was set forth by Princess Celestia and Luna to update the Crystal Empire on the one thousand years worth of advancement in knowledge they missed. As such teachers and other "intellectuals" were asked to volunteer their serves to the Crystal Empire. Key Ring went as the history teacher for the Crystal Empire.

Because of his interactions he has gotten to know Princess Cadence and Prince Shinning Armor quite well, being about the same age, and has on a few occasions offered them advice when he thinks his is worth giving. Because of this he sometimes forgets to be formal and called them both merely Cadence and Shining even when he obviously needs to address them as Princess and Prince.

Gear: Normally Key Ring only ever has his glasses and a saddlebag with work-related items on hand, and the occasional potion.

Talents, Abilities, or Powers: Key Ring's special talents is doors and locks. Yet this doesn't mean he can simply open/close any door and/or lock with magic. The most common use is he can connect two entrances within a certain distance together so he can walk through one door and out another; as long as the entrance is big enough a pony can put their head in the spell will work. He can use this special talent to link anywhere in Canterlot together without getting tired, unless he does it a lot, or can connect Canterlot to somewhere in Ponyville with the need of a good four hours rest; if he goes any farther he risks injury or even death, for instance Ponyville to the Crystal Empire will surely kill him.

He is also proficient in creating potions with varied effects. While most of his potions he doesn't sell, he patents all of them and will let others make them for a fee. One of his highest selling potions is one for baldness and a coffee substitute. His worst potion is a Potion No. 9. And Potion 63. And 34. Key Ring does and always has a well supplied stock of "Negation Potions", potion number 10, which negates any magical influence on a pony.

Relationship: Currently single but is interested in a relationship with Rose Leaf

Fears:

Anger of the Princesses, specifically Celestia and Luna, being directed at him for whatever reason

Nightmare Moon

Heights

Changlings [save for Mistletoe Kiss]

Faults: Key Ring's worse fault is probably his lack of directional awareness. Without his special talent he would not be able to get to most places on time or at all. He is also a bit reclusive and will forget to even eat, bathe, or even go to work if he begins to get sucked into a new potion he is experimenting on.

Good Points: Key Ring is loyal and inquisitive. While his knowledge of spells is lacking his general knowledge of things is above decent. Great at giving advice.

What She/He Wants More Than Anything Else: To have a position of respect; to get married; to go on an adventure at least once in his life

Personality: Key Ring is what most would call a pessimistic, though he prefers the term "realist". He views a few figures with a lot of respect and the majority with passing interest. Though he doesn't care much for most people he will help whenever he sees he is needed and always gets excited over the prospect of passing on knowledge. He can be eccentric to those who don't know him very well.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Guard]

Name: Brick Wall

Nickname: Brick

Kind of Being: Earth Pony

Mane: Black

Coat: Navy Blue

Eyes: Brown

Cutie Mark: A brick wall being hit by a cannonball

Family Members: A single mother living in Canterlot. Father is unknown. Any other family members are estranged.

Pets: None

Best Friends:

Key Ring [Unicorn Stallion]

Mistletoe Kiss [Changling Mare]

Moonlighter [Bat Pony Stallion]

History:

Brick grew up on the wrong side of the tracks- his home literally being right across from Canterlot Train Station. His father was a Night Guard, presumably and Earth Pony, who left with another mare before he was born. His mother is a Bat Pony who works the night shift as a janitor at a local Filly/Colt Activity Center. Brick was a bully to anyone he met and always got into fights. When he first met Key Ring the same thing occurred, he bullied Key Ring. Of course when Key Ring finally fought back, though he still lost and ended up with a black eye, Brick decided anyone brave/stupid enough to challenge him was worth getting to know a bit better. From there Brick and Key Ring grew into good friends; one being the brawn and the other the brains. Brick still calls Key Ring a "dork/nerd/egghead/etc." because of his constant potion making, but on more than one occasion gets into the shenanigans the potions seem to cause as well.

Because of his natural talent Brick joined the Celestial Guard as soon as he could and passed with flying colors; he was the top of his class in combatants. Brick would have been advanced to the rank of Major if not for his personality . . . and tendency to hit higher ranking officials. As such Brick is a Private First Class and is constantly shuffled around Equestria due to "not quite being wanted anywhere". Currently he is back in Canterlot as a member of the security around the palace.

Gear: As a royal guard Brick wears the normal day guard armor during work. when not at work he has on a single grey jacket.

Talents, Abilities, or Powers:  Bricks's special talent is being "unmovable". Because of this as long as he is not already moving a force much greater than his own is required to make him budge; he can take on a Manticore with relative ease, though a full grown dragon is not outside his limits, though out of his comfort zone it is. His other special talent is his somehow inherent lack of magic, as he can't grow anything like normal Earth Ponies, and his ability to cancel any magic; again this excludes Alicorn magic or any magic on par with it.

Fun Fact: Key Ring's "Negation Potions" are made with Brick's own fur (he tends not to tell that to those who he gives the potions too).

Relationship: Dating Mistletoe Kiss in secret, openly denies it

Fears: Brick denies being afraid of anything

The Dark

The Headless Horse

Faults: Brick does not work well with others most of the time. He is also very abrasive to those around him and comes off as completely rude. Brick can also be stubborn as, well, a brick and will not admit he is wrong even if he gets injured as a result. He is incredibly lazy.

Good Points: Though he can be stubborn and rude, he really is a kind pony who cares about others; again he'll never openly admit this. He is also smarter than he lets on in, being able to figure most situations out even before his "smart" friend Key Ring; he is also good at social tasks when he wants to be. If it wasn't for his problem with authority Brick would have very well become Captain of the Royal Guard by now, as he is adept at making quick decisions and rallying others behind him.

What She/He Wants More Than Anything Else: Being lazy he really just wants to relax and enjoy his life

Personality: Sarcastic to a fault. Brick lazes around even when he is at work. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Princess]

Name: Mistletoe Kiss

Nickname: Mistletoe

Kind of Being: Changling Princess / Pegasus Mare

Coat (Changling/Pegasus): Black / Mint

Mane (Changling/Pegasus): Royal Purple / Cherry Red

Eyes: Yellow

Cutie Mark (Pegasus): A piece of mistletoe

Family Members: As a Changling she officially has no family. As the pegasus Mistletoe Kiss she has a single mother living in Stalliongrad

Best Friends:

Key Ring [Unicorn Stallion]

History:

Mistletoe Kiss was from the same Changling hive as Queen Chrysalis, being one of the many . . . many viable Princesses of the colony. In a bid for power however Chrysalis had Mistletoe abandoned when she injured herself during a hunt to be left for dead. Fortunately for Mistletoe she was discovered by a Pegasus mare. Unfortunately for the mare in her weakened and frightful state Mistletoe struck out and fed off of the mare until she died; this resulted in Mistletoe gaining all of the mare's memories. With memories of her unfortunate victim, having not wanted to kill her in the first place, Mistletoe Kiss took her place and continued to live a seemingly normal life with her new mother, who was seemingly none-the-wisher of the replacement.

Eventually Mistletoe left off on her own to make a living for herself, at the time when Changling paranoia was at a fever pitch, and it's at this time that she was discovered by Brick and Key Ring. Thankfully both came around to believing she wasn't evil and the three grew to be close friends; Mistletoe even flirting with Brick. After a fateful trip to Manehattan Mistletoe was discovered by Photofinish and has since become a popular model; she takes time off to visit her best friends regularly and to get away from Photofinish.

She has come out to her "mom" about her past and what happened to the real Mistletoe Kiss. For her part the mother had known, though not initially, that her real daughter had passed away but didn't hate the Changling Princess for her role in it. Instead she accepts the Changling Princess as her daughter regardless of what she truly looks like.

Gear: None

Talents, Abilities, or Powers: Because of the fact Mistletoe is a Changling she actually has no cutie mark or special talent. Instead she has the ability to sense and feed off of emotion, any emotions, though she admits love is "sweeter than the rest", as well as transform into any pony she's seen before.

Fun Fact: Because Brick isn't affected by magic he sees through Mistletoe's disguise, and any other Changlings, all the time.

Relationship: Dating Brick Wall in secret, openly denies it

Fears:

The fact she is a Changling getting out

Photofinish

Dragons

Being alone

Faults:

Can be self centered

Boastful

Power Hungry (unknowingly)

Changling Urge to Feed

Good Points: 

Gentle

Loving

Loyal

What She/He Wants More Than Anything Else: To be accepted despite being a changeling; to have her own hive

Personality:  Mistletoe is a carefree Changling despite her many real worries. She goes day-by-day enjoying what she can, when she can. Because of this she tends to enjoy playing pranks on people and getting into general mischief whenever possible; she does this despite the fact she is a well known model. She happily greets even the craziest of fans.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Thief]

Name: Moonlighter

Nickname: Midnight Moon

Kind of Being: Bat Pony Stallion

Coat: Black

Mane: Royal Purple

Eyes: Yellow

Cutie Mark: Three gold coins

Family Members: Family lives in Tramplevania

Best Friends:

History:

Moonlighter moved to Canterlot when he was but a colt to search "for his destiny". Since most of Equestria is wary of bat ponies in general he had little luck finding any breaks and soon was living in a colt/filly activity center run by Brick Walls' mother. With a roof over his head and food to eat Moonlighter continued his search. Never finding something quite to his liking. When he found a lost wallet, filled with money, he attempted to locate the owner but after he failed to do so used the found money instead.

That is when Moonlighter found his calling. Deciding to try "using others money for myself" be began to pickpocket from random strangers; many times he failed but got better as he continued. After he mastered pick-pocketing Moonlighter moved on to greater acts of theft. He has since become a professional thief and is wanted by the Royal Guard.

Gear: All the trappings a master thief would need

Talents, Abilities, or Powers: As a bat pony Moonlighter can see perfectly in the dark and fly silently. With his special talent being his profession he is unnaturally good at getting a hold of things.

Relationship: None

Fears:

Brick Wall

Being locked away in some dungeon forever

Not being popular

Faults:

Boastful

Snide

Prideful

Bad morals

Good Points: 

Generous

Compassionate

What She/He Wants More Than Anything Else: To be the greatest and most well known thief in all of Equestrian History

Personality:  Moonlighter is a daring bat pony to say the least. Because of his great skill at his profession as a thief he easily makes more money than he personally needs. Due to the ease he challenges himself by coming up with bigger and more extravagant heists which may end up getting him caught; he goes so far as to publicly announce his plans. He has on more than one occasion attempted to even steal Princess Celestia's crown; once when he was a colt and again when he was older, both times failed but luckily didn't end with him in jail. He knows that stealing is wrong but doesn't really care, feigning insult that others can tell he is a thief and asks, "Do you think that I'm a thief because I'm a bat pony!? Do all bat ponies have to do bad things? I mean I am a thief but it hurts to think you'd point it out so easily."

[/spoiler]

I started up DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue again since it's in my pile of shame, and I instantly recognized Nicole Oliver, voice of Celestia, as Sandy Braviator. Pretty humorous.

EDIT: And Michael Dobson, voice of Bulk Biceps, is DeathSpank himself. Hilarious.

My OC is not from an unknown country. I just don't know if name the country Hisponya (from Hispania and Pony) or Hipponia (from Hispania and Hippus). I prefer Hipponia, but I fear people will think it's a country of hippos.

As he started as my ponysona, his name comes from the meanings of my first name (according to baby name books) and my surname. He has a millstone as a cutie mark because it's related to windmills and to flour, and he loves bread as much as I do. Then I started obsessing with Don Quixote as a motif. I made it so he came from the equivalent to Spain, and made him chivalrous and romantic.

Wasn't sure what else I wanted to do with him once he became a character of his own, so I gave him a neutral alignment, so he could appear in separate stories as villain, hero, supporting character or comedic relief.

In the story I am writing right now, he's an antagonist, but only because the main characters are opposing Celestia and Luna, and he's a knight under the service of Princess Luna in this one universe.

In another story I have in mind, he will be a character appearing in a single chapter, will be funny, but will give the protagonist an important lesson.

In another one, he'll be the muscle of a mafia thugs duo. He'll chase the protagonist in the Equestria equivalent to Route 66, trying to recover a bag of money for his boss.

So the other day I was chatting with a friend of mine, and we brought up that Fan Favorite Pony thing they had about a year ago-
http://hadleymedia.com/portfolio/mlp-fan-favorite-poll/
Apparently at Comic Con they had a legitimate voting booth.
And also had some of the voters mention who they voted for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9ysuknD3b8

I, honestly, did not know about either of those.
The later has another video or something... Somewhere on the interwebs...

So the other week my sister was given access to her friend's Netflix. Once it occurred to me that MLP was on it, I finally finished the last few episodes of S4 I had left.

Imagination Manifestation, cuz you gotta have some mental breakdowns each season.

Equestria Games. Spike singing that anthem... #cringeworthy

And dat finale. S*** was epic.

Your in luck, then! I found the whole OST to that episode
=D

I don't remember having heard that before. And I don't think it will stay in my memory. Reminds me of when I first heard the english music of Digimon Adventure, and I was like "what is this [don't remember]" (here in Latin America, the intro we got was a straight adaptation of the japanese intro, Butter-fly). On the other hand, the intro we got for Pokemon was adapted from the USA one, and it was epic. The original japanese cannot stand next to it.

Anyone knows about that arc of the garfield comic strip that involved Garfield finding himself alone and the house abandoned? And ended with him living his normal life with the other characters all just in his mind? And that it was never given a "just a dream" explanation or something and Garfield may have been having adventures inside his head for the last decades of comic strip while he starves in an empty house? Well, this Hub promo made me think of that.

http://youtu.be/ZXCLD20a33Y

Archived